• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kirby Wii (HAL), Pandora's Tower, More [Confirmed, Kirby Trailer Added]

KamenSenshi

Caramello said:
Looks like Nintendo really have learnt from the Wii with games that have been completed and ready to launch whenever Nintendo thinks it's necessary.
It does seem like this will be the first time they will have new hardware with no software drought at all for the first year. They could release one game a month at this point and be good almost till the holidays. Sounds good Nintendo, now give me F Zero and Pikmin and I'm good for a while.

Dascu said:
What does the text next to Pandora's Tower say?

また、Wiiでは、新たな新作として、今年『パンドラの塔』というWii向けソフトの発売を予定しています。このソフトは完成に近づいており、今年の前半に発売 する予定です。これから、順次情報展開をしていく予定ですので、続報をお待ちください。
また、ニンテンドーDSでヒットした『リズム天国』も、Wiiで新作を制作中です。ムービーをご覧ください。

For new software on wii, we plan to release the Wii-title Pandora's tower

This software is close to being completed, it will be released in the first half of the year.We plan to gradually release new information, so please wait for follow-up info.
__
Also we are making a follow-up to the ds hit Rhythm Heaven on wii, take a look at this movie: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/110128/07.html

EVH said:
Page 8 contains some explanations and videos about 3DS Friend List.

But videos are so small that I can't see anything :(

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/110128/08.html

"Registration of friends" and then, and whether online opponent, you know whether or not connected to the internet in other words, now you know you're playing with a soft no, "commented Quotable" hands, showing will allow.
Wi-Fi Internet connection can stay close to the access point, Nintendo 3DS when running software, Nintendo 3DS server periodically queries the status of your friends automatically, the status screen is supposed to.

From the video it's showing that you can see what your friends are doing online from the menu screen (just like on the PS3 and 360)

duckroll

Pandora's Tower is another one of those awesome random core game announcements that Nintendo loves to make at these shareholder meetings with no info whatsoever. For those curious the subtitle of the game is something like "Until I'm by your side again". Sounds like it could be an adventure game about separated lovers?

EVH

Nuclear Muffin said:
From the video it's showing that you can see what your friends are doing online from the menu screen (just like on the PS3 and 360)

Thanks! That's really interesting.

Any word on sending them invitations to a game or just chat messages?

duckroll said:
Pandora's Tower is another one of those awesome random core game announcements that Nintendo loves to make at these shareholder meetings with no info whatsoever. For those curious the subtitle of the game is something like "Until I'm by your side again". Sounds like it could be an adventure game about separated lovers?

Ico Ripoff? :)

Shiggy

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
We are also developing Pokemon related products on the wii and 3ds, we will gradually(SIC: over time) inform you of them

Just wanted to be sre about that, thanks ;)

Iwata also mentioned that this years it the 25th anniversary of Zelda and DQ and the 15th of Pokemon. Maybe they'll do something like the Mario pack last year.

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:

Oh it's great when Nintendo announces a new IP in a hardcore genre, i can't wait to see it :D

HiroProtagonist said:

WHIP POWER LOOKS AWESOME!!! :D

Also, there's another video that shows off the LED light that flashes orange when one of your friends is playing online (Bottom of the page http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/110128/08.html)

Shiggy said:
Just wanted to be sre about that, thanks ;)

Iwata also mentioned that this years it the 25th anniversary of Zelda and DQ and the 15th of Pokemon. Maybe they'll do something like the Mario pack last year.

Unlikely, they can't realistically re-release anything other than Wind Waker or Twilight Princess since they are already selling (handheld Zeldas are still yet to be released on VC but they'll no doubt come) the entire Zelda series on the VC.

I think they might do another Zelda Box style package this year! (alongside the release of OOT and SS of course)

duckroll

If what happened the last time was any indication, Pandora's Tower should be getting an official teaser site within the hour. That should indicate to us who is developing the game and at least what sort of game it is (genre). Hopefully.

antonz

Hmm Im curious about the anniversary stuff. even talking about dragon quest. Seems like Iwata is working hard on relations as far as dragon quest stuff goes.

KamenSenshi

Nuclear Muffin said:
I think they might do another Zelda Box style package this year! (alongside the release of OOT and SS of course)
Then we would know where the gold 3DS went. I hope they do more to promote this 25th in the US than they did for Mario.

KamenSenshi said:
Then we would know where the gold 3DS went. I hope they do more to promote this 25th in the US than they did for Mario.

That's true. A gold 3DS (and gold Wii!) sounds pretty plausable.

I do hope we get another Zelda Box though! (And in English this time NOA/NOE!!!!)

LM4sure said:
That looks great!!! How the hell was this never released?!

It is being released, only just now as a Wii game!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Looks cool and better than Kirby's Epic Yawn.

Also, since this exists, maybe that means Metroid Dread exists too? :O :O :O

NTom64

That Kirby game looks fun as fuck.

Hopefully it plays like Crystal Shards (only Kirby game I've ever played tbh, besides Canvas Curse). Combining powers would be awesome!

BowieZ said:
As a software development plan this year, has already announced that The Legend of Zelda has Skyward Sword]. Last year, Super Mario was released 25 years, from just this year is the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda came along. Incidentally, in 2011, might be the Pokemon 15th anniversary, might be the 25th anniversary of Dragon Quest is also a milestone year anniversary of a variety of software.
Wii Motion Plus, Wii has now become an integrated remote control plus, a new operation system that allows this controller to take advantage of these genre of games, and you feel very comfortable as the play, Miyamoto has received from our reports. Now contains the finishing touches.
Zelda on the classic Ocarina of Time [Nintendo 64 era, but has been remade Nintendo 3DS for, launch, Nintendo 3DS [Ocarina of Time for It will be first.

This could be huge. The Zelda one is covered, 3 games (1 new, 1 remake of the most famous, and 1 port) but we will probably see a fucking ton of commercials about the 25th anniversary, that will probably skyrocket sales of the saga. That is a good thing.
But Pokemon, they have the chance now to make an epic RPG in for the 3ds or the Wii, no more top view, or even and MMO (laughs), that shit would be huge!

And Dragon Quest 25th aniverssary... and aniverssary AND a game with a 10 in the title, that shit could be nuts. And that means will probably see DQX, not this year, but the next.

BowieZ said:
66l.jpg

We also attracted many fans during the Nintendo 64, Goldeneye [007], but at the hands of Activision's Wii has been released overseas last year, and with a hit. The software also now be released by Nintendo in Japan.

AND IT BEGINS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5c_MEs9mo
168342_o.gif

Kirby looks much better. I rewatched the old GC trailer and it looks exactly like SSBM. Though they seems to have ditched the multiplayer aspect. Not that much can be taken from that trailer, in any case.

Zelda 25th... I'm buying another Wii if they do a Rupee Green Wii. Or 3DS. Red Wii was tempting but green is my 2nd favorite colour after blue. Probably will be gold though if they do a special edition. Meh.

Allan Holdsworth said:
Kirby looks much better. I rewatched the old GC trailer and it looks exactly like SSBM. Though they seems to have ditched the multiplayer aspect. Not that much can be taken from that trailer, in any case.

Zelda 25th... I'm buying another Wii if they do a Rupee Green Wii. Or 3DS. Red Wii was tempting but green is my 2nd favorite colour after blue. Probably will be gold though if they do a special edition. Meh.

Kirby GCN used the SSBM/Kirby's Air Ride engine. This is probably using the Brawl engine. It's quite impressive just how much better it looks than the GCN version!

BowieZ

Banned
NTom64 said:
That Kirby game looks fun as fuck.
Duh.

Anything where the description was translated as 'Kirby's new smoking vomiting stationary game machines' must be pretty fucking fun.

Yay! Nintendo will do some 25th anniversary stuff for the best (read: my favorite) video game series there is! Zelda 1 It came out February 21st, 1986 in Japan. For the past few weeks, I've been hoping Nintendo would commemorate its 25th anniversary somehow. The problem is that it came out in 1987 in America, so they might not celebrate it worldwide. I'm probably going to prepare a thread for its 25th anniversary or something.

Also, wow, I can't believe the Kirby Wii is finally coming out! For some reason, I think of Duke Nukem Forever... Actually, the Kirby game looks much more awesome than it used to. I'm not a big Kirby fan, but for the first time, I'm actually excited for a Kirby game.

I'm excited for whatever 3DS Pokemon stuff comes out. I'm hoping they'll announce it on Pokemon Sunday shortly.

Lastly, I think it's interesting that Nintendo's actually publishing Just Dance in Japan. I wonder if they'll add in some J-Pop stuff. It could very well be a potential import title for some J-fans.

I look forward to seeing these trailers tonight and I hope in vain that the games make it out of Japan.

That said the Kirby game could come out as "Kirby's new smoking vomiting stationary game machines" in Europe (as they favor literal translations). It just depends on if NoE announce it first
(pretty unlikely given how NoE seem to hate Kirby and sabotage any game with zero marketing and months late)

A Black Falcon said:
... Kirby NGC/Wii is still in development, all these years later? Seriously? Just how long, exactly, does it take to make a 2.5d Kirby game?
I'm no HAL expert (as in I've not been following what they've been working on but assume they've done other things in the time interval) but I think the more realistic possibility is this got mothballed (i.e. it was put to one side for a few years) and now that the Wii is drying up in releases it would be a good time to complete it. Who knows maybe we would have seen it a lot sooner on the Wii if Super Paper Mario and DK Barrel Blast didn't exist (my brain is fuzzy now was the Kirby game announced after those?) but then again it would look like the GC trailer.

I guess a similar analogy would be Conker 64. Remember how early in the N64s life that was shown and how late it finally came out (plus how much it had been changed, you could still reconise some bits and pieces though).

Allan Holdsworth said:
Kirby looks much better. I rewatched the old GC trailer and it looks exactly like SSBM. Though they seems to have ditched the multiplayer aspect.
That seems like a pretty odd thing to do given the popularity of NSMBW.

ShockingAlberto said:
Rhythm Heaven sold really well, which is why it came to America in the first place.
I think thier statement was implying the sales outside of Japan being less than stellar. At least here in Europe Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven didn't do great at all. I know in Germany they were so desperate to get people to try Rhythm Heaven you could fill out a form online(?) and be sent a demo cartridge (don't get too excited, its the same demo as the Nintendo Channel).

Why would you do that? said:
Yay! Nintendo will do some 25th anniversary stuff for the best (read: my favorite) video game series there is! Zelda 1 It came out February 21st, 1986 in Japan. For the past few weeks, I've been hoping Nintendo would commemorate its 25th anniversary somehow. The problem is that it came out in 1987 in America, so they might not celebrate it worldwide. I'm probably going to prepare a thread for its 25th anniversary or something.

I'm excited for whatever 3DS Pokemon stuff comes out. I'm hoping they'll announce it on Pokemon Sunday shortly.

Mario came out a year later in the US and EU than it did in Japan. They still counted it as the 25th anniversary (same thing happened with the NES Classics series on GBA). They'll count this year as Zelda's 25th and Pokemon's 15th.

As for Pokemon, B&W is the obvious big thing to celebrate with (as well as VC releases for RBY and maybe GSC if we're lucky on the 3DS and Pokemon Stadium 1,2,3 on the Wii VC), while we also have Typing of the Pokemon as well and the special Pokemon B&W version of the DSi.

I reckon they might do a Pokemon version of the 3DS and maybe a Pokemon artbook, but don't expect anything too surprising (though we're due another Stadium style game on Wii for Pokemon B&W...)

Morokh

Another 2,5D Platformer, come on .. I mean .... REALLY ?

Not that it is bad or something, but it just screams "Holy shit we need games, let's make some quick platformers"

Morokh said:

Not that it is bad or something, but it just screams "Holy shit we need games, let's make some quick platformers"

Pretty sure this game has been in development for a long time now.

Nabs

Morokh said:

smh

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Rhythm Tengoku looking as awesome as ever. Tempted to get it day one if it comes out in Japan before I leave the country.

New Kirby: bet they kept this in case Epic Yarn wasn't a success. Looks good as far as Kirby games are concerned, certainly not as sluggish as Yarn and Dreamland 3, but I've never really been interested in a Kirby game since Adventure on the NES. Even Superstar, while good, feels too different for me.

Pandora Tower: gah, probably another JRPG, and another game that might never see a Western release and probably won't do shit for the Wii anyway. If Nintendo's gonna announce games in the same genres/series as games that were released not long ago (Xenoblade/Last Story, Epic Yarn), they might as well announce Super Mario Bros. 6. That would be awesome. Or New Legend of Zelda... Well, guess I can't complain too much, Rhythm Tengoku is better than everything else combined. Now, about that Ouendan Wii/3DS game, Nintendo...

Fucking HYPED for Kirby Wii! :O

I adored Kirby 64 and Air Ride, so happy that "Kirby Wii" has made it alive!

Same or not, the similarities are obvious (64 successors).

Not only that, but it's a solo HAL console game! :D

First since Air Ride, Brawl has a fuckton of different companies involved (and sadly felt less traditional, the series always had that HAL magic and feeling), and Epic Yarn was by Good Feel.

BowieZ

Banned
Morokh said:

So silly of Nintendo to give the public what it really wants.

Top Bottom