• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

nin1000

Banned
tbh this is why I haven't jumped over yet despite really not trusting Oreo right now. I don't like that both Muffin AND Vere are there, but at the same time I don't think anyone is biting on a Muffin lynch today.

He is less scum than you in my eyes

I seem to be getting lots of supposed suspicion for "not being aggressive/confrontational" enough lately when half the game is way more silent than I am.

Looks like an easy excuse.

Aim that where it goes. I'm not the one making that argument; my issues with you are vote-based as you've been on two shady votes now.

rac

Banned
Do you think there's anything noteworthy about that?

im thinking it being this close scum doesn't really care who gets lynched

seems like it would be risky to push a lynch with so few votes on everyone to save a scum and also not look terrible

Aim that where it goes. I'm not the one making that argument; my issues with you are vote-based as you've been on two shady votes now.

If being wrong on a lynch is shady in case of Fireblend, sure. I laid out my reasoning why I voted for him.

And oreo literally accused me of something I haven't done and consistently failed to explain it or admit he was wrong. Seems suspicious enough for me.

squidyj

Day 2 has ended

CornBurrito had a heart of gold. Too bad he let them take it from him.
As he was thrown onto the fire he didn’t really say much of anything, neither did anyone else. This is Dark Souls after all.
The inscrutable silence of a man being burned alive did leave ample room, however, for those remaining to hear their thoughts.

And their doubts

CornBurrito has died.

Night 2 ends:
bla_1505502000.png

DAY 2 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

CornBurrito (4) voted out
hey_monkey 698 862
rac 781
oreomunsta 853
Lord of Castamere 863
hey_monkey 866

oreomunsta (2)
Lord of Castamere 719 863
Muffin1611 790
Verelios 829

kitsunelaine (2)
nin1000 779
StanleyPalmtree 792

nin1000 (2)
StanleyPalmtree 635 713
CornBurrito 759
kitsunelaine 784

StanleyPalmtree (2)
isaacnukem 745
Christina Mackenzie 782 801
Christina Mackenzie 810

Muffin1611 (1)
Sawneeks 768
oreomunsta 799 853

Sawneeks (1)
flatearthpandas 566 622
flatearthpandas 633

Verelios (0): hey_monkey 862 866

No Lynch (0): oreomunsta 614 799, flatearthpandas 622 633, hey_monkey 683 698

isaacnukem (0): Sawneeks 674 765

rac (0): Lord of Castamere 554 719

No active vote for Day 2: Trigger

Day 2 Postcount: Christina Mackenzie 9, CornBurrito 8, flatearthpandas 19, hey_monkey 67, isaacnukem 17, kitsunelaine 11, Lord of Castamere 21, Muffin1611 33, nin1000 26, oreomunsta 24, rac 14, Sawneeks 28, StanleyPalmtree 11, Trigger 20, Verelios 16

Names in underline failed to meet minimum postcount - your moderator will deal with them.

squidyj

Day 3 begins

rE2aLJY.png

There are fewer around the fire every day, numbers dwindling once again in the dark.
It seems as though Lord of Castamere has disappeared, with the help of a couple Darkwratihs (that means he was killed by Mafia).
Perhaps you'll see him again when you figure out the esoteric rituals required to advance the quest state.
Or maybe he's gone for good.
Those that know won't say anything although.... Isn't the howling of hollows from the ruins below a little bit louder now than it was before?

Lord of Castamere has died

Day 3 ends:
bla_1505761200.png

Up to date Vote Count can be found here

rac

Banned
So you slipped and you want to try to shift the attention to me? I said why at the time - I was trying to avoid a tie. Then LoC switched to CB so I switched back.

vote: rac

no i was just wondering why vere and not Oreo

that'd be a hell of a slip though

As if that was a slip. He probably meant that since the candidate you, monkey, voted for was lynched you'd be more confident that we got scum.

Verelios

So you slipped and you want to try to shift the attention to me? I said why at the time - I was trying to avoid a tie. Then LoC switched to CB so I switched back.

vote: rac
So, did you believe CB was scum when you no tie switched, or did it not matter so long as there wasn't a tie. I mean, you had to have made a logical division between Oreo and Corn and said you liked Oreo better and Corn less right?

If it's purely because others were on the Oreo ticket and you didn't like that then it's pretty bullshit.

Verelios

I could vote for kitsunelaine. Another who's just not doing much - but I don't see the forced attempts at activity in LB2 so I don't see her acting the same.
It sounds like you were trying to sift through dead weight here Monkey. This is a very easy lynch to make and doesn't seem like you.

So, did you believe CB was scum when you no tie switched, or did it not matter so long as there wasn't a tie. I mean, you had to have made a logical division between Oreo and Corn and said you liked Oreo better and Corn less right?

If it's purely because others were on the Oreo ticket and you didn't like that then it's pretty bullshit.

It sounds like you were trying to sift through dead weight here Monkey. This is a very easy lynch to make and doesn't seem like you.

oreo being lower on my list of suspects plus all the other people I suspected being on that lynch does not equate to a worthwhile vote to me. I fail to see how that's bullshit, or at least not anymore bullshit than you ignoring all the stuff I put about you, but by all means, launch a campaign against me, since that's what you're winding up for here.

Verelios

oreo being lower on my list of suspects plus all the other people I suspected being on that lynch does not equate to a worthwhile vote to me. I fail to see how that's bullshit, or at least not anymore bullshit than you ignoring all the stuff I put about you, but by all means, launch a campaign against me, since that's what you're winding up for here.
I have an idea why you're getting agressively defensive, not that I agree I'm attacking you, but you didn't answer any of my questions. It takes two to have a conversation​.

1. Did you believe Corn was a more suitable lynch than Oreo and why?

2. Did you not vote Oreo based solely on who did?

3. Are you disagreeing it was an easy lynch?

And I didn't ignore your post Monkey, there was nothing to respond to. It was an observation, not an inquiry.

I have an idea why you're getting agressively defensive, not that I agree I'm attacking you, but you didn't answer any of my questions. It takes two to have a conversation​.

1. Did you believe Corn was a more suitable lynch than Oreo and why?

2. Did you not vote Oreo based solely on who did?

3. Are you disagreeing it was an easy lynch?

And I didn't ignore your post Monkey, there was nothing to respond to. It was an observation, not an inquiry.

1. I vote for the person I think is the most suitable lynch, absent anything else - like negotiations around ties, etc. I didn't see CornBro as just making mistakes, and even if they were just mistakes, they were distracting mistakes in a game that is already pretty far from being on the rails. I explained all this.
2. I did not vote Oreo based on two factors. One was in fact the people who were on the vote. The other is that while I think oreo should probably do more than focus on the numbers, he's not in the highest tier of my suspected list. If y'all wanna get him up there, you should probably work more to make that case.
3. No, I wouldn't call any of the lynches so far easy, as evidenced by the fact that the most votes we've gotten is four. But that's my measure. YMMV.

You're gonna end with that but call my actions bullshit? k.

If y'all wanna get him up there, you should probably work more to make that case.

I literally spent the entire end of the last day to make my case about him and it went largely ignored. And I fail to see how my case needed more work. Since barely anyone commented on the specifics and pointed out anything.

To comment on something from last day:

That's possible but I feel like there would be a difference between confrontational and just not solving the game and Muffin edges over into the latter category.

I'm not trying to solve the game, right.

I found something suspicious, prodded more to see if my suspicions could be dispelled by the answer, which didn't happen, and laid out my case why it's suspicious.

And it gets ignored -> You're not solving

Right.

Actually, scratch that, after going over the last page I can say absolutely nobody besides oreo made any comments on it.

I didn't say anything because I don't have anything to say. You're tunneling on oreo over what seems to be a small thing and that's fine. Any port in a storm in this game. But I don't see it as a big deal and repeating doesn't make a case. It just repeats.

I can understand why you'd be suspicious of oreo. oreo is on my list of people to watch. But I considered CB and Verelios higher on that list. I can suspect oreo and not vote him. I did not see it as a fruitful lynch. I preferred to see if the conversation between you two and others would develop further, and would rather watch to see how people vote. We have so little to go on otherwise that I would rather keep some contentious people around until it is no longer productive to do so, lest the game become completely silent. We can't do a damned thing with silence.

Verelios

1. I vote for the person I think is the most suitable lynch, absent anything else - like negotiations around ties, etc. I didn't see CornBro as just making mistakes, and even if they were just mistakes, they were distracting mistakes in a game that is already pretty far from being on the rails. I explained all this.
2. I did not vote Oreo based on two factors. One was in fact the people who were on the vote. The other is that while I think oreo should probably do more than focus on the numbers, he's not in the highest tier of my suspected list. If y'all wanna get him up there, you should probably work more to make that case.
3. No, I wouldn't call any of the lynches so far easy, as evidenced by the fact that the most votes we've gotten is four. But that's my measure. YMMV.

You're gonna end with that but call my actions bullshit? k.
What did I end with?

And I would call it an easy lynch, something that doesn't take much time or effort to put forth and can be rationalized as you wish. Don't be disingenuous, the number of people on a vote does not denote it as easy or not.

The fact of the matter is you believe Corn is ranked higher on a scum probability list than Oreo, yes or no? Everything else is superflous when when they were the ones in contention.

I'm curious, when you say most suitable lynch, does that mean you would vote someone you see as town just to stop a tie? For example, Saw and LoC on the same ticket with a tie, would you vote LoC even feeling he wasn't scum just because it was suitable? That doesn't sound logical.

I'm gonna go eat dinner. I'll let y'all's lowkey accusations pile up until then and I'll answer when I get back. But I want to point out that it's in scum's best interests for folks to come after me. It's not in town's. Silence the people trying to move the conversation. We already talked about this as a scum strategy to make this game even more unwinnable for town. If y'all are town and buying into that... welp.

Verelios

I'm gonna go eat dinner. I'll let y'all's lowkey accusations pile up until then and I'll answer when I get back. But I want to point out that it's in scum's best interests for folks to come after me. It's not in town's. Silence the people trying to move the conversation. We already talked about this as a scum strategy to make this game even more unwinnable for town. If y'all are town and buying into that... welp.
Yoooooo are you serious right now? Are you saying anyone accusing or saying something contrary about you is scum?

Have you not read Pokemon Mafia? Wow

Top Bottom