• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Remember after Valkyria Chronicles we all thought Sega was gonna release their back catalog on PC as well?

Nzyme32

i would post that picture of the skeleton typing at the keyboard but i think i have posted that in response to sega pc ports about 10 times

bclEnzD.jpg

Remember after Valkyria Chronicles we all thought Sega was gonna release their back catalog on PC as well?
Makes me think that the person who spearheaded the PC port push, got let go or was shuffled else where in a company reorganisation.

We'll see in due time what these mythical PC announcements are, but I'm willing to bet they turn into a whole load of nothing.

Keeping fingers crossed for at least VF5, anything else is gravy.

s_mirage

I can only imagine that there's been a falling out between Sega Europe and Sega Japan at some point.

IIRC Sega Europe were scaled down, and Sega Japan is just being as they always have been: clueless muppets. Don't get me wrong, they've produced good games over the years, but their management seem to have a painful history of missed opportunities, unjustified arrogance, and horrible misreading of markets.

ZoddGutts

Maybe they saw the sales of Sonic Lost World and said "see ports to PC are a waste of time!"
Seriously who even ask for a port of that game?

Leaving money on the table for some of these games. The struggle is real for JRPG's in today's industry as it is. You would think that they want all the help they can get.

ArjanN

I see we've returned to out regular scheduled chicken-little-ing.

Makes me think that the person who spearheaded the PC port push, got let go or was shuffled else where in a company reorganisation.

We'll see in due time what these mythical PC announcements are, but I'm willing to bet they turn into a whole load of nothing.

Keeping fingers crossed for at least VF5, anything else is gravy.

I think Sega on PC have just been pretty conservative and like to bet on mostly sure things, and that means known quantities get priority over porting older stuff. Yeah, VC was a big hit, but that doesn't mean everything else will be.

That said, I do expect them to still have to occasional classic port in between Football Manager, Total War, Dawn of War etc.

I see we've returned to out regular scheduled chicken-little-ing.

I think Sega on PC have just been pretty conservative and like to bet on mostly sure things, and that means known quantities get priority over porting older stuff. Yeah, VC was a big hit, but that doesn't mean everything else will be.

That said, I do expect them to still have to occasional classic port in between Football Manager, Total War, Dawn of War etc.

Not everything else will be. But selected titles could be. Bayonetta ? That's a sure thing. Vanquish ? High chances. Yakuza ? At least over 100k. Resonance of Fate ? Not guaranted but still can carry some good word of mouth. Virtua Fighter 5 ? Maybe too late to the party.

TimmiT

Sonic fans.

9161501.jpg

I don't remember there ever being a huge demand for a PC port of Lost World. General consensus was that nobody really cared for the game in the first place.

Sonic fans are asking for a Sonic Unleashed PC port, though fwiw that's seemingly more because of the modding community than because of how good the game is.

MrT-Tar

Hopefully Bayonetta is just another in a long line of SEGA PC ports.

The Panzer Dragoon series really needs modern re-releases, no matter the platform. IIRC, the first game even got a PC port, so I would've thought that would be a no brainer.

My hopes for VF5 PC - and ultimately VF6 - are re-kindled.

Hopefully Bayonetta is just another in a long line of SEGA PC ports.

The Panzer Dragoon series really needs modern re-releases, no matter the platform. IIRC, the first game even got a PC port, so I would've thought that would be a no brainer.

Even if the whole "source code" stuff is mostly nonsense, the whole series just deserves a straight up remake. The first two games don't have an enormous amount of content by modern standards and Orta could just be remastered. Obviously, Saga would be some work.

Even if the whole "source code" stuff is mostly nonsense, the whole series just deserves a straight up remake. The first two games don't have an enormous amount of content by modern standards and Orta could just be remastered. Obviously, Saga would be some work.

Hell, I'd settle for their Saturn games (or even the Master System) to be wrapped in an emulator like they've been doing with the Genesis for the past 20 years.

Shadoken

Gives me hope to see Shenmue HD and Vanquish.

I think VF is too late though , maybe If there is ever a VF 6 we might get it on PC as well.

Top Bottom