• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Forever subscription service coming soon?

Exis

I love Sega, hell I own all of the excellent MD games on Steam. Yet if this is just more Genesis games than I won't be using it.

Radius4

Sega has a pretty good track record about that, actually.

I remember for their first ever emulation collection, they hired the author of an existing emulator to work on it.

This is not SEGA directly it's a subsidiary and I've already mentioned how they wronged us.
Although maybe they are just not using our stuff...

celsowmbr

Banned
Today it's Saturn:

https://twitter.com/SEGAForever/status/876101415151837185

1e6pPLw.png

Seriously hope this is for more than mobile, otherwise it's a missed opportunity IMO. Sega Forever as a concept sounds potentially awesome, but it has to come to more than mobile.

Hope to see more details in the coming days.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
emulated ports on mobile = meh

But if actual care went into a huge list of games from their entire history and was released on PC via subscription... I'd be into it.

Shadoken

I dont get it , are they actually going to port so many games from Saturn and Dreamcast to mobile/Consoles/PC??

Or its just be some streaming service like PS Now?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
SEGA made two of my favorite RPGs of all time - Phantasy Star 2 and Skies of Arcadia.

Phantasy Star 2 is amazing.

Ignoring whatever this service turns out to be - what's the best way to play PS2? I've always wanted to give it a shot - I've heard the story and setting is bonkers and supremely ambitious, which is right up my alley. Does it truly hold up even today?

For reference, my favorite RPGs ever would be FFIX and KOTOR - both because of their amazing worlds and stories.

retroman

Sounds interesting, as long as it isn't only for mobile. If games from ALL their consoles and arcade releases will be available on this service, then this would be a dream come true.

Don't screw this up, Sega!

Floex

After hearing about the iOS subscription I thought 'classic Sega' but now seeing Saturn AND Dreamcast they can't only be thinking for mobile right?

Top Bottom