• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Toad.T

Banned
So, in terms of 3rd parties, should the itsfuckingnothing.gif be posted? Or does some hope still remain amongst WiiU owners?

sörine

Banned
So, in terms of 3rd parties, should the itsfuckingnothing.gif be posted? Or does some hope still remain amongst WiiU owners?
Indies is about it at this point. I don't see the big western 3rd parties coming back and for whatever reason Japan never got on board much in the first place.

tebunker

Banned
It looks like the Non-Nintendo published stuff is going to be eshop/indie games for the most part from now on barring some kind of christmas miracle

EhoaVash

I really hope Nintendo's big holiday 2014 game isn't Animal Crossing wii u since zelda will most definitely be 2015, the disappointment will be just like 2008 if it is <.<

maxcriden

I think someone posted a list in the 2013 thread, I'll try to find it...I want to say there was at least one Lego game coming.

ETA: It was Lego Hobbit and Lego The Movie. I guess that's all the post I was looking for mentioned. (There are plenty of eShop games coming, though.)

yoshiyarn0vkvw.jpg

Did this game get an official name and a graphical change and I just missed it?

Timeaisis

People can say it has no games all they want. But MK8 and Smash make it a very exciting year for me.

Here's hoping Bayo 2 and X come out in 2014 as well. Those are all my most excited-for games in 2014, but I don't know how realistic X is.

flippedb

Banned

I really don't care about 3rd parties, besides Ubisoft, and since they're kinda supporting the Wii U, I'm just fine.

Hype for basically every 2014 game there, even if it's just a tiny bit for Hyrule Warriors. Looks like that might at least be fun.

Trago

I think this will be the year that Nintendo resorts to money hatting these multiplats, even though Iwata is against the practice.

Nori Chan

I'm going to buy a wii u today and I want to know what I should buy when it comes to equipment? I have a wii that hasn't been touched in years. Two wii controllers and a classic controller. Please help someone :) I'm really excited for 3d world. Also how does redownloading virtual console games work?
Also any suggestions of where to buy too?

slit

No, I haven't bought one yet but the exclusives are worth it for me. If Nintendo could grow more developers in the west, they could probably stand on their own.

maxcriden

I'm going to buy a wii u today and I want to know what I should buy when it comes to equipment? I have a wii that hasn't been touched in years. Two wii controllers and a classic controller. Please help someone :) I'm really excited for 3d world. Also how does redownloading virtual console games work?
Also any suggestions of where to buy too?

You should be pretty set at the moment in terms of equipment, with the Wiimotes. Are they Wiimote+'s? Some games require the motion + attachment or a Wiimote + controller.

cacildo

Luckly i really dont care about third party games.

I mean, every wiiu thread is "third parties third parties where are the third parties" and, really, i cant see a single announced third party game that i want, on any system.

Capcom and Konami are dead, Ubisoft with its terrible Assassins Creed series and now the modern Assassins creed: watchdogs. Actvision release one CoD per year and i never buy any of em. And the less we talk about EA the better

Even when you ask sony gaf, they are not excited about the new call of duty at the end of 2014 of a patch to be able to play Battlefield 4. They are excited about Infamous, the next uncharted. Xbone people arent exactly hyped about the new Need for Speed, they want the new halo

flippedb

Banned
^^ You'll need the Motion Plus thing to use them on Wii U. It should be cheap enough now.

Don't count on them for much longer. If we're lucky we might still get Watch Dogs, though.

We got Zombi U, ACIV, Rayman and I'm completely sure WD is coming (it's development started early on, I don't see them scraping it), so I'm completely fine with it.

Bayo is a 2014 title?

dc89

I hope 2014 is the year where Nintendo realise they are sitting on a gold mine and it's called Virtual Console.

Matriox

Ever since FE:A (first tactics style game I have ever played was Xcom this year then FE:A) I have been super pumped about SMT meets FE.. Can't wait to see more.

We got Zombi U, ACIV, Rayman and I'm completely sure WD is coming (it's development started early on, I don't see them scraping it), so I'm completely fine with it.

Bayo is not a 2014 title?
It is, as long as they don't change their plans.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2013/131031e.pdf (page 6)

Did we ever get this from Nintendo? I thought Yarn Yoshi was all they said for a working title.

(Amazing OP, thank you!)
You're right, it's Yarn Yoshi according to the paper. And it's listed as TBA. Going to update it.

X, Super Smash Brothers and Bayonetta 2.........+1 eshop remake/port ;) will be the 3 holiday titles

do it Iwata, do it

2014 is gonna be so good :3

if smash slips into 2015 then i give up :'(

JDeluis

Okay, got to play DK: TF today at the San Diego Zoo! My wife and I were there and they have this Jungle Bells Christmas-y deal going on sponsored by Nintendo/DK. There were 8-10 kiosks with Wii Us, HDTVs, and four DK: TF levels to play available. There was also a DK photo op available. We played 1-1 and 1-4. We could have played more but didn't want to spoil the game. The reps contracted by Nintendo were selling the Wii U hardcore to the various people stopping by and playing. I did ask one if most people knew what a Wii U was and they said a lot of people did know, some had one, and a lot of people did not know. Anyway, the game itself was great. The Gamepad was not available to play on (sadface) but Wiimote + Nunchuk worked well enough although I am not a fan of shake-to-roll. My wife did 1-1 and I did the 1-4, a minecart level. These were both levels heavily featured in the trailers and they were a lot of fun, extremely similar to DKCR but with much better graphics. It did feel like this was a demo based on a slightly older build as the lighting engine in the latest trailer for one seemed much improved compared to the demo we played. I'll try to post some pics, but the game was a blast and I'm super psyched to play it more when it comes out.

As maxcriden mentioned this in the last thread, I got a chance to attend this weekend and took some photos.

4B5E9E3A-3CD0-4EC4-883F-B318A3D6C2E4_zpsslylwoxj.jpg

F43E1558-D2DF-46BA-A972-2760DD55F866_zpsccp403xa.jpg

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
if that that shit in the OP actually comes out in 2014 the U will be a monsta

but, all I really need is MK8 and X. I'm hyped beyond measure for these two

Zia

I hope 2014 is the year where Nintendo realise they are sitting on a gold mine and it's called Virtual Console.

Ha! Ha... ha. ; (

Next year's lineup looks okay, I suppose. Not at all interested in Donkey Kong, so here's hoping Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Yoshi's Epic Yarn wind up being pretty special. And that Smash Bros features Ice Climbers. And that Smash Bros isn't the Wii U's big holiday 2014 game.

Top Bottom