• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GiantBomb Quick Look Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupei

Great of them to do a QL for Chime. It's an awesome little game and 60% of the money goes to charity.

I can see it becoming crazy addictive.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
stupei said:
Great of them to do a QL for Chime. It's an awesome little game and 60% of the money goes to charity.

I can see it becoming crazy addictive.

And it's cheap, too. It's weird seeing a Quick Look that isn't so much entertaining but just gets me interested in a game. It's been a while :lol

webrunner

I rememeber the first videos of White Knight Chronicles that were shown before PS3 came out, and the combat was this amazing realistic-looking set of parries and blocks and that really impressed me

What happened to that?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The "ATB" wait time is incredible. Why did L5 not think it would be a good idea to speed it up?

Naeblish

webrunner said:
I rememeber the first videos of White Knight Chronicles that were shown before PS3 came out, and the combat was this amazing realistic-looking set of parries and blocks and that really impressed me

What happened to that?
If i remember correctly, that was never real ingame footage. The animations were perfectly synced and there is no game that has that kind of hit-detection.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dizzy-4U said:

Since Vinny and Dave had no problems talking about an entirely unrelated game, I will too: I so completely disagree with Dave about backstab in Dragon Age. I played a Rogue and constantly used it. Though I did play it the wrong way, on a console. Probably wouldn't be as simple to move around the enemies with mouse/keyboard controls.

Rufus

Archaix said:
Probably wouldn't be as simple to move around the enemies with mouse/keyboard controls.
You can just click-move or WASD-move them where you want them to be, it's just as easy.

Xater

Wordsgohere said:
The new bombcast page is amazing.

Also, the white version of the site is available again, as well as facebook connectivity.

Indeed.

2v3oos4.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dizzy-4U said:
What the hell? I just found a Matrix Online thingy in the middle of the endurance run section. Gotta watch that!

Oooh if you haven't seen Not Like This, you're in for a treat.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
giant_frying_pan said:
I have to assume that Dave is piloting the helicopter...or operating the Luchadeer-Signal.

No way Dave is flying the helicopter. Clearly, Ryan shot that down with his finger gun. I'd say it's possible that Vinny punched it to death, but Ryan's hatred for helicopters wouldn't let that happen.

Clearly...Dave is Luchadeer, and he's off answering the call.

Okay, so maybe I've watched too much Lost and my theory-spinning is out of control.

Hawk SE

As much as I love the old rainbow stuff. I gotta say, that new art kicks ass.

This should just be the GiantBombthread...

EDIT: Full image from Source
bombcast-s3.jpg

Karram

I really like the changes they did to the the achievements graphs and the awesome Bombcast art.
But I hope one day they would add back the most viewed pages on the site, I don't know why did they remove it.

MonsterDunk

Giant Bomb eSports Editor
Karram said:
I really like the changes they did to the the achievements graphs and the awesome Bombcast art.
But I hope one day they would add back the most viewed pages on the site, I don't know why did they remove it.

We ended up ditching it because no one was clicking on it, but yeah, I totally miss it, too. It was neat to see what character pages were getting the most attention and stuff like that. We need to bring it back in some form.

Rlan

MonsterDunk said:
We ended up ditching it because no one was clicking on it, but yeah, I totally miss it, too. It was neat to see what character pages were getting the most attention and stuff like that. We need to bring it back in some form.

I'd love to see you mention some random character / game / object each week on the I Love Mondays segment to see that you would like to see have their page fleshed out more of.

sdornan

Ten-Song said:
Yay! I'd like to see more posts like this that also go into concepts, locations, and just various popular/unpopular topics in general. Also reminds me that I still have some ideas for wiki edits on Giant Bomb that I need to get around to.

Yeah, that's my one gripe about the site. The wiki is the bulk of GB, yet it never gets any attention from the staff, nor do the biggest contributors receive acknowledgment for their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom