• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA releasing 14th November, says Take 2's UK distributor

The UK distributor for Take 2 is Exertis Gem, and they kindly publicly list all of the products they stock.

I've been keeping an eye on this one, and up until today it was marked as 'To Be Confirmed' (Google Cache)

It has now been updated to say 14th November. http://store.exertisgem.co.uk/product/?id=5026555416986

This ties in with Littlewoods adding a release date today (previous post) and that Australian company's leaflet saying 'November'.

On the basis Exertis Gem have no need to change from TBC to a specific date - I do not think this is a placeholder.

Update: listing has gone back to TBC, perhaps the ninjas came running. Image from before for reference, http://i.imgur.com/VUGMpNG.png

November 14 happens to be a Friday too, and Fridays are typically when games release in the UK.

Think there's more than enough weight for this to stand on.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Such an annoying time to release. As much as I want this, I think I'd rather spend the money on an actual new game.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'll get this then. If it was October I'd have held off.

Its on a Friday too, so adds more weight.

Xando

With all the rumors going around the last week i hope Rockstar clarifies and gives us a release date this week. :(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So Nov 11th in NA, same day as MCC, AC Unity, AC Rogue, and The Crew.

RIP in peace wallets everywhere.

slash3584

And the week before Far Cry 4, LittleBigPlanet 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are released.

Goodbye any kind of money spending activity in November.

Linkyn

Nice, though I still don't understand why they couldn't have waited with this game until all the expansions are out.

pubba

Can one of you kids with twitter send a tweet or whatever to one of the rockstar team and just ask for a release date? Twitter is blocked here and I don't have a VPN at the moment.

Verendus

Banned
I've waited 20 months for GTA PS4. I can wait any amount of time now, but this is my Holiday PS4 game. My PS4 has turned grey from all the dust it has gathered. Thou shalt be saved.

liquidtmd

Banned
Such an annoying time to release. As much as I want this, I think I'd rather spend the money on an actual new game.

Indeed. Advanced Warfare looks good, Assassins Creed is due a week later, Dragon Age isnt far out, Far Cry, Project CARS, The Crew all hit in November and thats not including Octobers backlog of The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Driveclub.

As a collective industry, surely they must realise the prospective audience only has finite funds and its effectively risking their product to be bought on the second hand market months later?

liquidtmd

Banned
Can one of you kids with twitter send a tweet or whatever to one of the rockstar team and just ask for a release date? Twitter is blocked here and I don't have a VPN at the moment.

"We don't comment on rumours and speculation"

There, saved someone the effort

Indeed. Advanced Warfare looks good, Assassins Creed is due a week later, Dragon Age isnt far out, Far Cry, Project CARS, The Crew all hit in November and thats not including Octobers backlog of The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Driveclub.

As a collective industry, surely they must realise the prospective audience only has finite funds and its effectively risking their product to be bought on the second hand market months later?
You'd figure these people would recognize the stupidity of their release scheduling.

And I foresee Far Cry getting delayed to early December. Count on it.

Fatmanp

Shame. I will buy it but I will be playing Classic Halo 2 multiplayer on that day. I have the following week booked off of work aswell :)

xBladeM6x

images

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Far Cry 3 came out December 4th and did well. I can't imagine a behemoth like GTAV struggling.

with the behemoth games like COD, AC and Halo. I think it will lose potential sales. If it was a new GTA then I would agree with you. But this is more than a year old game, with no marketing on additional content and stuff. For all we know its a graphical upgrade.

Why would a regular gamer spent 60$ on that and not on some new game. Nov 14 definitely sounds unbelievable.

with the behemoth games like COD, AC and Halo. I think it will lose potential sales. If it was a new GTA then I would agree with you. But this is more than a year old game, with no marketing on additional content and stuff. For all we know its a graphical upgrade.

Why would a regular gamer spent 60$ on that and not on some new game. Nov 14 definitely sounds unbelievable.

Hahahaha, this is so off.

To be fair, FC3 went up against CoD and and AC in 2012 too. And Halo MC isn't a new game either.

Seanspeed

Banned

Its GTA, man. GTA need fear no one.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

...Nah. Other games lose sales to GTA, not the other way around.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN

Especially when "months later" is equally packed. Subpar (imo) games like watchdogs are proof that you can shift copies in the early summer. I really hope the packed late 2014/early 2015 opens the eyes of the publishers.

On the bright side, the traditional drought has probably helped a ton of indie developers gain some well deserved recognition.

Top Bottom