• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego City Undercover (Wii U) NA Commercial. Anyone looking forward to this?

(click for high-res)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdl1XaXn90

iOu42K04iFGiv.jpg

ibcmbjEPDoxgkd.jpg

iIcogfigOsxRj.jpg

largescreenshot.jpg

largescreenshot.jpg

largescreenshot.jpg

City_01V2_Comp_720x405.jpg

IceCream_02_720x405.jpg

Red_Car01_720x405.jpg

ScreenShot_27b_720x405.jpg

ScreenShot_4b_720x405.jpg

ScreenShot_6b_720x405.jpg

http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/city-undercover/about/screenshots/mixed/

I sure am, and from the looks of it, the framerate looks much better, I remember it being awful in the vids from E3.

Glad this didn't make it to launch, and this is an exclusive so it won't run into the common issues. Looking at the others, if this was LOTR or LB2 or whatnot, yeah, issues a plenty, considering Lego games are known for them on their own.

Now when is this coming out? I assume before March 31st, Gamefly says TBD.

Medalion

Banned
I remember watching the trailer for this at the E3 presentation and being strangely charmed by it

I may check it out

I'm a sucker for sandbox games and I like the idea behind it. Lego games a usually fun for a few hours but a bit shallow to me so I'll wait for some reviews.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If it's anywhere near as good as Lego Batman 2: DC Universe I'm all over this one.

Very excited by it. Really like that they finally made an original Lego game and not one based on existing property. Looks to have a good sense of humor and charm to it.

I'm definitely getting it, but I'd really like to know when it comes out
Strange that we don't have a release date yet but I have seen the commercial on TV. That would lead me to believe that it will be out before the end of the year.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Picking it up for sure, but I hope the choppy framerate and big screen tearing issues are fixed.

Ridley327

What is the hook of this game, exactly? Outside of the fact that it's not LEGO (insert well-known IP here), I'm not seeing what's making it so different from the other games.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've had it pre-ordered since E3. I'm hoping they really did fix some of the performance issues but they weren't deal breakers for me.

Im SO looking forward to it.

Thank god its still slated for "holiday 2012" on the freshly (a few days ago) revealed EU release list. NG3 and Scribblenauts are 2013 for EU though, so i really hope i can play this this christmas!

VanWinkle

For someone like me who is not a huge fan of the "adult" content in games like GTA and Saint's Row, but likes sandbox games, I could see myself enjoying this. I'll wait for reviews, though.

Was a 3DS version still in the works?

I remember it was originally announced for Wii U and 3DS, but I haven't heard or seen anything about that version.

Looks great, Gamestop has it listed for next year though, which is fine by me, I've got 5 games right now that take up my time and getting 2 more for the holidays, this will be a good game to play when I'm not Monster Hunting early next year haha just to break up the monotony

FoneBone

Thank god its still slated for "holiday 2012" on the freshly (a few days ago) revealed EU release list. NG3 and Scribblenauts are 2013 for EU though, so i really hope i can play this this christmas!

It's almost the end of November. There is literally zero chance of it coming out before January anywhere.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Likely going to get it, but that commercial doesn't sway me either way. Never going to be a fan of the way that Nintendo (of America) has chosen to market this console and its games. There have to be more effective ways of both grabbing people's attention and getting out your game's selling points than barraging people with shrill, obnoxious music and bullet-point narration that fails to convey any enthusiasm for the product.

I'll wait to see how the game is received before taking the plunge, but I do have a feeling I will enjoy it.

zroid

Banned
I really want to like this, but I'm so sick of Lego games and open world games, so it's hard to look past those... elements.

Davey Cakes

I was probably never going to get the game, but I can say that it looks pretty cool. One of the best of the E3 showings.

That said, the commercial was pretty terrible.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The game looks really fun and interesting, however I'm pretty fatigued from the Lego games in general. I don't know if I'd want to bother with this one or not.

Haunted

It's certainly the most interesting Lego game in a couple years - I can't be the only one who's fatigued of the licensed franchise ones coming out every quarter - but it's not interesting enough to warrant a purchase for me.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Is it weird that I think this game looks pretty good, graphics wise? Because I think it does.

Zero148

Is it weird that I think this game looks pretty good, graphics wise? Because I think it does.

me too, said it also at E3 that it looks good graphically. The tearing in the E3 version was also fixed in September (based on the trailer).

A) I've always been annoyed that the environments in LEGO games aren't built out of LEGOs.

B) If any Wii U game needed to be the poster child for NFC, this game is it.

Tagg9

It's rather strange that Nintendo is advertising the title when we don't even have a release date for it yet.

Top Bottom