• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Bowling (of @fourzerotwo) resigns from Activision

Shady859

You couldn't have taken the two seconds it would have to check his Twitter?

Also, 24th of March date on that.

C'mon son.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/18906-how-to-delete-a-tweet#

How to Delete a Tweet

If you've posted something that you'd rather take back, you can remove it easily. When you hover over your Tweet while viewing your home or profile page, you'll see a few options appear below the message.
To delete one of your Twitter updates:

Visit your Profile page
Locate the Tweet you want to delete
Hover your mouse over the message (as shown below), and click the Delete option that appears

Voila! Gone forever... almost. Deleted updates sometimes hang out in Twitter search. They will clear with time.

gillty

Banned
big-boss-salute7kzpy.jpg

He really did go above and beyond the Call of Douchey.

Creative Strategist? :lol They really were scraping from the bottom of dat barrel.

I'm well aware of how to delete a Tweet, thanks though. You really don't think people would taken a great deal of notice if that was real, hell, it'd be all over Kotaku and GAF the second it happened.

Instead, the only evidence this exists is a tweet from DesirableChris, some guy that makes, you guessed it, MW3 videos such as this gem, which includes the comment: "Fuck you Robert Bowling. I mean, I was clearly outplayed here."

It's 100% fake.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
What the hell did you write that got you that weird "leftest vice city" comment?
The link is dead now (shakes fist at Jim) but the quote that riled up the hoi polloi was:
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City puts the word sequel to shame. Rockstar Games has really taken the time to put together a game that not only fits in perfectly in the GTA universe, but ups the ante for itself and others as well. It would have been all too easy to make a few minor upgrades and still have a best-selling product, but instead they pushed themselves to really take it to the next page. Full marks to Rockstar North and Rockstar Games for not worrying about the so-called controversy from hand-wringing parents, bed-wetting leftists and opportunistic politicians, and supplying mature gamers with a title that was crafted especially for them. In an industry where all too often publishers take the easy way out, Vice City stands as an example of what the next chapter in a series should provide, and earns full marks doing so.
They see me trolling, they hatin

Nizz

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but dude sounds kinda angry.

Usually when you see shit like this it's something like "Today is my last day at Infinity Ward, I'll miss working with this fantastic team and all my buddies."

He didn't even try to sugarcoat it.
I see it the same way you do. Doesn't seem like it was an amicable split from IW/Activision.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I say good for him. It has to be hard to be the lead bullshitter for a series that Activision has pretty much ruined. Not to mention all the hate he gets for having to do his job from these 12 year old idiots who couldn't string a sentence together without the use of 3 derogatory words. So I say good luck in whatever you do and may it be a job that doesn't require you to blatantly lie to fans.

It's sad to read the tweets though. I mean wishing he'd die and shit. Jesus Christ what is wrong with some people? It also saddens me that people blame him for how the games have gotten worse. To read some you'd think he was making the games all by himself.

Rokal

Probably not. I think I remember hearing that he was spying on West and Zampella for Kotick and they are not on good terms at all.

He's definitely not going to Respawn. iirc, the court papers from the Activision lawsuit revealed that Robert Bowling was responsible for letting Activision leadership know about what West and Zampella were doing.

It seemed like he ratted them out for a pay bump from Activision. Apparently didn't work out so well for him.

sleepykyo

I can't remember, but wasn't he relatively honest as far a community managers went? And I liked MW3 (I think that is when he took over) more than MW2, so best wishes to him.

gurasa

I say good for him. It has to be hard to be the lead bullshitter for a series that Activision has pretty much ruined. Not to mention all the hate he gets for having to do his job from these 12 year old idiots who couldn't string a sentence together without the use of 3 derogatory words. So I say good luck in whatever you do and may it be a job that doesn't require you to blatantly lie to fans.

It's sad to read the tweets though. I mean wishing he'd die and shit. Jesus Christ what is wrong with some people? It also saddens me that people blame him for how the games have gotten worse. To read some you'd think he was making the games all by himself.
I remember FIFA's page on Wikipedia once being edited to say that David Rutter (line producer) had been killed in an awful car crash. Dude gets tons of terrible hate tweets too. Kids.

Nizz

I can't tell if people type those things because they're young, or stupid, or both. Or maybe just because of the whole "i'm anonymous on the internet" thing.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those tweets are from some younger people. I won't deny it's plain old stupid people also.
He's definitely not going to Respawn. iirc, the court papers from the Activision lawsuit revealed that Robert Bowling was responsible for letting Activision leadership know about what West and Zampella were doing.

It seemed like he ratted them out for a pay bump from Activision. Apparently didn't work out so well for him.
Woah, didn't remember hearing about this.

for real? aw shit West and Zampella were the ones that hired him right?

Sean

Banned
Some more words of wisdom from the CoD crowd...

IHuSsAiiNI
@fourzerotwo YES AT LAST YOU FUKING USELESS FAGGOT. I HOPE YOU DIE YOU PIECE OF SHIT WANKER

JamesMcMullan5
@fourzerotwo Today I go out buy a sniper rifle kill you and your family sell you're body to a convicted rapist that is also a necropheliac!

Nice_Guy_Jay
@fourzerotwo I hate you so much man, its hilarious, if you ever get another job, i hope its at the dump, cleaning up shit like yourself.

OMGItsBirdman
Yo @fourzerotwo I heard you got fired because one of the requirements for working there was that you had to have felt pussy before. True?

Smig9
@fourzerotwo short story..they fired your nerdy douche bag lookin ass?

RickMcDick420
@fourzerotwo you didn't resign, you got fired you rapist faggot fuck.

jacobcook1066
@fourzerotwo go kill yourself mw3 is a piece of shit I hope you fucking choke you stupid deformed head cunt

JRusseII
@fourzerotwo finally. they should of fired your dumb ass a long time ago, fucking shitty ass job you did with mw3.

DevosHeineken
@fourzerotwo Glad ur off the IW team cuz u single handedly ruined call of duty worse than cheeseburgers ruined Christina Aguilera #fuck402

munoz71
@fourzerotwo Thank God you are leaving Infinity Ward; You should have fixed the lag in MW3 and Spawns!!!

timsplude
@fourzerotwo good for you, ya piece of shit, You ruined MW3 and your definitly not ruining IW's next game.

xClaCKx
@fourzerotwo I hope you enjoy licking my massive cock now you stupid cunt

RobbertTheDutch
@fourzerotwo So you ruin everything, and just LEAVE? Pussy.

ItsHawza
@fourzerotwo bye fking noob eat some lag

MythAttach
@fourzerotwo Your a dumb mother fucker i hope you become homeless fucking faggot go to hell

Mrjded123
@fourzerotwo NOW GO BACK TO YOUR JOB OF SUCKING DICK FOR MONEY YOU FAGGET ASS BITCH. GO DIE.

rick_nadtke
@fourzerotwo Bitchmade nigga. Kill yourself.

Gearhead2012
@fourzerotwo aww is it because you suck dick and should kill yourself? is that why? yeah...just die...you suck as a person....go die now...

JoeFromThePub
Robert Bowling / @fourzerotwo Is it possible to lag your way through the door so it won't hit you in the ass? #MW3 #HappyTrails

Imagine getting tweets like this for the past five years. Being community manager of Call of Duty sure seems like fun!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@fourzerotwo Glad ur off the IW team cuz u single handedly ruined call of duty worse than cheeseburgers ruined Christina Aguilera #fuck402

omg

Hey You

He's got less than 20 posts on the Official CoD forums, that (to me) shows just how much he cared about the community.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Imagine getting tweets like this for the past five years. Being community manager of Call of Duty sure seems like fun!

Holy shit. That second one I would actually consider reporting to the cops...

MMaRsu

Banned

Christ how about banning some of these retards twitter wtf...

Wow at some of those tweets.

I wonder where this dude is going. Hopefully on a long vacation from that crowd. He seemed like an alright guy.

soultron

Banned
He's got less than 20 posts on the Official CoD forums, that shows just how much he cared about the community.

He doesn't have to post on forums to engage the community. He did a lot of work on twitter. Some developers/publishers actually forbid their staff from posting on forums during development or even speaking about it after.

I know it's tough to fathom giving up your twitter account for most PR/CM staffers, but maybe he should (at the very least) take a long break from using his 402 twitter account.

This guy was absolutely everywhere in 2009 and seemed like a community manager rockstar. It's amazing how hard the Modern Warfare brand has fallen off despite having just one game. A technicality, I know, but damn.

I'm sure he's as popular ever with the casual crowd, but for the GAF types he's so 2009.

Grecco

Didnt Frank O Connor go from Community manager at Bungie to being the head of franchise development for Halo?

Why are people hating on Robert cause he got a small raise/promotion?

AlexBasch

This guy was absolutely everywhere in 2009 and seemed like a community manager rockstar. It's amazing how hard the Modern Warfare brand has fallen off despite having just one game. A technicality, I know, but damn.

I'm sure he's as popular ever with the casual crowd, but for the GAF types he's so 2009.
Agree, I'm still amazed at how MW2 was one of the most expected games in that year from almost everybody, IIRC first it was the jump to 59.99 price jump, then the lack of dedi servers, then something else, and in a matter of weeks, it began it's fame as one of the most hated video games ever.

I'm not even sure if it was weeks or days anymore, the shift was way too quick.

Top Bottom