• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
DB8KUmk.png

Everyone of these are named differently, one with ®, one with 3 and others with III, one DLC, one DLC Key, another Edition Key and a Pass Key, one whatever it is.

I hope Ubisoft fills their taxation forms wrong and get sued for tax fraud and declare bankruptcy.

I love how they use two different hyphens (and apostrophes too, now that I look at it)

I don't even know how that's possible. Do they change language encoding mid sentence?

Dr Dogg

http://i.imgur.com/DB8KUmk.png[IMG]

Everyone of these are named differently, one with ®, one with 3 and others with III, one DLC, one DLC Key, another Edition Key and a Pass Key, one whatever it is.

I hope Ubisoft fills their taxation forms wrong and get sued for tax fraud and declare bankruptcy.

Also Assassin's Creed is a ™ at the first game and a ® at third.[/QUOTE]

They got some serious naming problems. There was a few posts a few pages back about the Far Cry Series. Steam orders it 3, 1, 2 Fortune Edition, 2. Useless buggers.

Edit: And I was just thinking this as I hit post yep they've fucked up the AC order too. Oh happy days. 3, 1, Brohood, 2, Rev. Who makes these decisions? It's not even a text formatting error they're all listed as Assassin's Creed with there respective subtitles and numeration after them.

I think by the time AC 1 was released they hadn't registered the trade mark hence it's published and listed as ™ where as from 2 and onwards it either became or for added protection they registered it and it became ®. Saying that the US, UK and EU IPO and Trade Mark offices works under some really weird and different rules.

tjohn86

Steam should really allow you to alias games.

I bought RE6 last night and it shows up "BIOHAZARD 6 / RESIDENT EVIL 6" on my list.

:/

Grief.exe

I bought RE6 last night and it shows up "BIOHAZARD 6 / RESIDENT EVIL 6" on my list.

Just a code name, that won't persist through launch.

AoE II HD was known as Kaos in the list when it first was available for pre order.

Kaos was its Steam Test App code name, I'm sure RE6 is in a similar situation right now.

angelfly

Probably has to do with with the way they track everything. They allow you to do it when adding non-Steam games so there really is no other reason why.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Does it require DX10 or 11?

EDIT: It must

Requires Vista or higher
Shader Model 4.0 GPU

They need to have DX10.

System requirements for alot of modern PC games is that you need Win Vista or Higher, oh well.

Why do you want to run Modern PC Games on an Ancient OS? Unless you're using a Pentium 4 (which then you wouldn't be able to run Modern PC Games anyway), there's no reason to use Windows XP, a discontinnued OS. Might as well run OS/2 Warp. Specially when you could've bought the Windows 8 Upgrade for 20 bucks.

Dr Dogg

Arkham City had the most infuriating name when it was up for preload. Batman: Arkham City ™ GFWL PC. Who came up with that I'll never know.

zychi

Banned
God, I hate Uplay. Everytime I try and load AC3 or FC3 up it tells me my cd key is invalid. The only fix I have is to restart uplay and steam. so stupid

Wok

Backlog
Finished with
Playing
Mac
Beta

I want something better but I'm not going to mess with it right now since it would take hours.

I also have two other categories for my backlog:
- neverending (for games with no proper ending, like Dota 2)
- impossible (for games I have tried to finish but just cannot)

eKbgjIj.png

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I wish Capcom would just port the Wii version of RE4 to Steam

Good kb/m controls.
no acceleration.
Steamworks.
That would require them doing something that doesn't contribute to the continued downfall of their company.

Acorn

God, I hate Uplay. Everytime I try and load AC3 or FC3 up it tells me my cd key is invalid. The only fix I have is to restart uplay and steam. so stupid
I don't know why ubi insists on having drm ontop of steamworks.

Well I do its to pave the way for ubi shop exclusives.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I wish Capcom would just port the Wii version of RE4 to Steam

Good kb/m controls.
no acceleration.
Steamworks.

If you pass the RE6 test, then the on-rails shooter test, then the on-rails shooter test, then the years-late port on an engine never intended to run it test, we'll talk.

Glass Rebel

everything except street fighter

but yeah on their defense, they have recently switched to Steamworks instead of GFWL, made promos with Valve, etc etc

not to mention MT Framework is one of my favorite engines out there

they're learning

Hey, they are making Ace Attorney 5 and it's announced for Gaijinland.

Dr Dogg

After seeing six people on my friends list purchase it, I don't know what to think. :(

Well seeing that 4 of the folks who regularly post in the Steam thread (I'll not name and shame to spare their dignity) have got it on their wishlist I'm waiting to see who pulls the trigger before I can get away with buying it. Screams 75% off purchase to me though.

tjohn86

RE6 is steamworks, has local PC coop, decent preorder incentives and is $39.99 at launch. RE6 isnt the perfect game but I am voting with my wallet in hopes we get more PC ports like this.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
DB8KUmk.png

Also Assassin's Creed is a ™ at the first game, and a ® at third.
The "Edition Key" is for "Deluxe Edition Key", and the "Pass Key" is for "Season Pass Key".

The rest is inexcusable, yeah. I too noticed that something was wrong with the names in that pic, but that kind of shit drives me crazy, so I didn't stop to analyze it. I'm glad I didn't, as I would have suffered a brain fart right there.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I also have two other categories for my backlog:
- neverending (for games with no proper ending, like Dota 2)
- impossible (for games I have tried to finish but just cannot)

eKbgjIj.png
C'mon, Runner doesn't deserve to be on that list. Get right to it, I promise you you'll be able to complete 3-9 in less than 974 tries.

Of course, that's not counting the first 448 tries.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I thought Bit Trip Runner was impossible until I realized I was playing it on PERFECT difficulty. Feel like an idiot. But I still dont want to downgrade my difficulty

Runner 2, on the other hand...piece of cake

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
whats wrong with capcom?
1) Drove away all of their iconic game designers.
2) Started letting franchises go to shit or fade into memory.
3) Continually "work with" community by asking them what they want, starting to give it, then scrapping it or fucking it over completely, then not communicating about it.
4) Starting new franchises that are mediocre because their visionaries are gone.
5) Shitty DLC/DRM practices.

I'm sure there is more but it's too sad for me to think on because they used to be my favorite developer. They are basically doing the opposite of Sega's "realizing their historical identity and good relations" (aside from the Shining Ark incident) practices. Street Fighter IV is the only thing they have properly handled, but that's still a far cry from the industry-inspiring new franchises they would launch about every 5 years.

Maybe with Konami and Namco coming around now they'll start to realize what is cool in terms of business practices, but I don't see them realizing what they lost in terms of identity and innovation and regaining it any time soon. There has been a pretty constant stream of bad moves made for a long time now.

Wok

C'mon, Runner doesn't deserve to be on that list. Get right to it, I promise you you'll be able to complete 3-9 in less than 974 tries.

Of course, that's not counting the first 448 tries.

I have put the game on this list after trying 3-9 again and again. So difficult.

Hanzou

Anybody who preordered Arma 3 have an extra "Lite" copy I could have? Would like to try this game but really not sure I would like the super realism of it.

Salsa

So you have a lot of favorites I assume then?

not really

what are some other examples of engines designed for console games that run without any issues consistently throughout all it's games even on mid-end PCs?

Avalanche and.. uh

even UE3 can run pretty bad and has the awful texture pop up

RE5 ran without a single hitch on my old gtx 560 out of the gate, max settings, without having to mess with anything or force any sort of graphical option through drivers and it looked fucking great. That's getting rare these days.

Is RE6 the first Capcom game where they've let another studio handle MT Framework? It was ported by QLOC.

I thought I remembered Blue Castle Games saying that Dead Rising 2 couldn't use MT Framework, because Capcom was super protective of it, but I guess that must have changed when they stopped doing as many ports in house.

Glass Rebel

Is RE6 the first Capcom game where they've let another studio handle MT Framework? It was ported by QLOC.

I thought I remembered Blue Castle Games saying that Dead Rising 2 couldn't use MT Framework, because Capcom was super protective of it, but I guess that must have changed when they stopped doing as many ports in house.

I think it was mostly due to the Japanese-only documentation, although I have no idea how QLOC got around that.

Marvel 3 was co-developed with Eighting and Street Fighter IV 3D, which runs on MT Framework Mobile, with Dimps.

Dr Dogg

Huh, I thought it was more to do with all the documentation was in Japanese and that it would be infeasible for Capcom to give Blue Castle tech support. Can't remember where I read that but think it was an interview with Sven maybe.

I think it was mostly due to the Japanese-only documentation, although I have no idea how QLOC got around that.

Marvel 3 was co-developed with Eighting and Street Fighter IV 3D, which runs on MT Framework Mobile, with Dimps.

Huh, I thought it was more to do with all the documentation was in Japanese and that it would be infeasible for Capcom to give Blue Castle tech support. Can't remember where I read that but think it was an interview with Sven maybe.
Ah. Interesting. That makes sense.

So I kinda want to pick up Assassin's Creed III, but I've yet to finish Brohood or Revelations. Should I just skip to ACIII or bother finishing those two first and pick it up later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom