• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Adree

Bad Raw, bad crowd.

BAD PAGE
ez6evq0.jpg

Ya know..Outta all the WWE women who were actually pushed to be champion, I feel like Kaitlyn is the most forgettable. I don't remember any of her title reigns and she was only with the Company for such a short time of 4 years?

She had a match with Layla once which i remember vividly...

3pjn5.gif

I miss
Layla

I enjoyed her too but still probably accurate given the list of champions.

Candice Michelle was probably the least memorable with the biggest push though.

Most of what I remember about her was destroying her collarbone multiple times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zcaPssP4no&t=45s
Candice Michelle was on a fucking table for 3. It was the oddest thing ever like she did something to be featured on there. I've heard some rumblings about why she got her push. She played the game.

Who all is gonna be in Orlando for wrassleGAFmania 33?
Wife and I are supposed to be going.

Tagyhag

At this point why do they keep KENTA employed. Tozawa has already excelled above and beyond him, Asuka and Nakamura are bigger headliners when they go to Japan. Hideo Itami is the new JTG.

Kicking him out because he's injury prone makes sense and all, but other wrestlers are gonna think "Damn, these suits don't care for their guys at all".

It looks good to keep him.

Especially if you're trying to court other Japanese wrestlers.

Adree

Kicking him out because he's injury prone makes sense and all, but other wrestlers are gonna think "Damn, these suits don't care for their guys at all".

It looks good to keep him.

Especially if you're trying to court other Japanese wrestlers.

Also helps that they want to have all the wrestlers locked up if they can, unless they are trash like Ryback and Sandow.

Striker

Candice Michelle was on a fucking table for 3. It was the oddest thing ever like she did something to be featured on there. I've heard some rumblings about why she got her push. She played the game.
She was gonna be in Playboy and had a gig with Go Daddy. It makes sense. Kelly Kelly and Eve got bigger pushes and didn't have those things going on. Kelly ran the ropes as bad as AJ did.

Brinbe

NJPW cup brackets

Shibata vs Suzuki,; Ishii vs Omega!!!!

My god if they do suzuiki vs omega

Ishii-Omega (both lovingly in my current fave five) & MiSu-Shibata?...
7EEEdZp.gif

And Raw fucking sucked balls. A Reigns-led WWE is one way to get me to give no shits about Raw. Just keep him far away from the goodness that is Smackdown.

Ryback added nothing for anyone in any wrestling capacity.

But he was entertaining and had charisma. Cesaro can't even claim that.

Again, this is in the WWE. I'm sure he was able to do a ton more in the indies, which is why it'd be better for everyone if he went back.

But he was entertaining and had charisma. Cesaro can't even claim that.

Again, this is in the WWE. I'm sure he was able to do a ton more in the indies, which is why it'd be better for everyone if he went back.

Knowing him, it'll be too late or he'll retire when he's done in the company. AND he won't have anything to fall back on!

Friends, my seven year old son finally asked me the question all parents fear.

"Dad, who is John Cena?"

Fucking thanks, Nintendo.

Brrrrrapplenintendo.

This weeknd has a big Big Japan show that has a bunch of multi-man tag matches and hardcore matches. Its main event is the reason I'm interrelated:

BJW “Ikkitosen ~ DeathMatch Survivor”, 3/5/2017 at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo

(8) BJW World Strong Heavyweight Championship Match: Daisuke Sekimoto (c) vs. Hideki Suzuki
suzuki.gif

tU8V7WH.gif

And we still have the NJPW 45th Anniversary Show to get through!

NJPW “NEW JAPAN ROAD”, 3/1/2017, 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Yujiro Takahashi vs. Tomoyuki Oka
(2) Rocky Romero, Barreta, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
(3) Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
(4) Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & Hirooki Goto
(5) Katsuyori Shibata & David Finlay vs. Minoru Suzuki & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
(6) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI
(7) Kazuchika Okada & Gedo vs. Tiger Mask W & Tiger Mask IV

NJPW “Raising an Army ~ 45th Anniversary”, 3/6/2017, 19:00 @ Ota Ward General Gymnasium in Tokyo
(0) Jushin Thunder Liger & Hirai Kawato vs. Tiger Mask IV & Tomoyuki Oka
(1) Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo vs. Minoru Suzuki, Davey Boy Smith Jr., El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
(2) Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & David Finlay vs. Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
(3) IWGP Junior Tag Championship Match: Rocky Romero & Barreta (c) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi
(4) British Heavyweight Championship Match: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
(5) IWGP Tag Championship Match: Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
(6) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson & KUSHIDA vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI
(7) IWGP Junior Championship Match: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
(8) Kazuchika Okada vs. Tiger Mask W

Jashobeam

so is Naito going to defend his belt at all for March? Didn't really see any potential feuds for him during Honor Rising. This is my first year following NJPW schedule, so they only defend every couple months right?

NJPW ”NEW JAPAN ROAD", 3/1/2017, 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(1) Yujiro Takahashi vs. Tomoyuki Oka
(2) Rocky Romero, Barreta, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
(3) Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
(4) Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii & Hirooki Goto
(5) Katsuyori Shibata & David Finlay vs. Minoru Suzuki & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
(6) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI

NJPW ”Raising an Army ~ 45th Anniversary", 3/6/2017, 19:00 @ Ota Ward General Gymnasium in Tokyo
(0) Jushin Thunder Liger & Hirai Kawato vs. Tiger Mask IV & Tomoyuki Oka
(1) Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo vs. Minoru Suzuki, Davey Boy Smith Jr., El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
(2) Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & David Finlay vs. Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
(3) IWGP Junior Tag Championship Match: Rocky Romero & Barreta (c) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Taichi
(4) British Heavyweight Championship Match: Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
(5) IWGP Tag Championship Match: Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
(6) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson & KUSHIDA vs. Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI

And the 45th Anniversary event in Korakuen Hall the day after Raising an Army ~ 45th Anniversary

Sunday is going to be fun (if my timezone conversion is correct) Fastlane and then the 45th Anniversary show a few hours later.

so is Naito going to defend his belt at all for March? Didn't really see any potential feuds for him during Honor Rising. This is my first year following NJPW schedule, so they only defend every couple months right?

Maybe on the March 7th show? It's a big enough show that they're doing the English commentary for it. Could easily be the main event for that one.

Side note I find it kinda sad that TNA (a company that she never worked for) acknowledged Nicole Bass' death but WWE couldn't be bothered (bad blood or not). Like I don't really blame the WWE either but it's just sad yeah.

klonere

Banned
This weeknd has a big Big Japan show that has a bunch of multi-man tag matches and hardcore matches. Its main event is the reason I'm interrelated:

BJW “Ikkitosen ~ DeathMatch Survivor”, 3/5/2017 at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo

(8) BJW World Strong Heavyweight Championship Match: Daisuke Sekimoto (c) vs. Hideki Suzuki
suzuki.gif

tU8V7WH.gif

Shoot fans need to get in on this, it will be a confirmed, certified and Billy Robinson trained shootacular.

Man I hope they don't burn out Korakuen, they've had a LOT of shows there recently. Definitely Not Kota Ibushi vs Okada should be incredible though.

Someone suggested they should run Kenny vs Ospreay as a counterpoint to Okada/Ibushi and because they have crazy chemistry.

Yup, that's how it goes down. Naito is in the NJ Cup tourny, which is the next big show, so he won't be able to defend it.

klonere

Banned
Listening to Steve Austin break down the psychology, kinesiology, physics and thermodynamics of the Stunner to Kevin Owens.

I want the alternative future where Steve Austin is head of WWE creative.

EDIT: Oh my god when Austin starts describing Rock using all his wrestling achievements and KO points out that Roman has pretty much achieved all the same thing in kayfabe, yiiikeeeesss

EDIT2: This weirdo kayfabe they are using is amazing, comparing Reigns to the Rock and why the Stunner seems to be less effective on them. Is it the college football? The Samoan-ness? The wrestling pedigree?

orioto

Good Art™
That raw eewww.... Terrible at pushing their main event.. But who am i kidding Roman is main eventing Fastlane right....

Even Joe had more focus than Goldberg and Owens.

Maybe it'll be a 15s squash after all -_-

Before we get to the real stuff, not that fake bullshit I want to give a big shout out to FlammableD for providing me a list of the Indy dates that will be happening this month.

😘😘

Can't see myself bothering to watch Mania this year given the rumoured card, but I'll be all over the indie stuff over the weekend.

Plus this is the month I get to see Kota Ibushi jump off a balcony.

ReiGun

Extreme Rules gonna be in Baltimore this year. Might decide to go as I've never been to a PPV before.

TNA chases off the only act on their program anyone gives a fuck about, then decides to be petty and try to prevent said act from using their gimmick.

It's not enough to be carny as fuck, they have to be bad at it too.

Zach

Listening to Steve Austin break down the psychology, kinesiology, physics and thermodynamics of the Stunner to Kevin Owens.

I want the alternative future where Steve Austin is head of WWE creative.

EDIT: Oh my god when Austin starts describing Rock using all his wrestling achievements and KO points out that Roman has pretty much achieved all the same thing in kayfabe, yiiikeeeesss

EDIT2: This weirdo kayfabe they are using is amazing, comparing Reigns to the Rock and why the Stunner seems to be less effective on them. Is it the college football? The Samoan-ness? The wrestling pedigree?
Looks like I'll be downloading this ep...

Top Bottom