• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

vareon

I just want to see the guy in my avatar again, but it's unlikely though. I don't think Togashi has any desire to return to Kurapika and Spiders.

smurfx

get some go again
speaking of time skips i've always liked this time skip killua fan art.

jbop4yUxzFMMaC.jpg

I'm so ready for this next chapter. Everything would be perfect if I didn't have exams :'(

Anyone think there's going to be a time skip cause isn't Killua out adventuring with his lil sis? (Can't remember exactly it's been so long)

I hope that the anime will give some more screen time for everyone who went to visit Gon on the hospital, I liked Hanzo :(

Also, LEORIO PUNCHING GING.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm wondering, do you guys think the anime watchers will be disappointed by poison killing the king and royal guard?

I'm sure there will be people who are disappointed, but if they understood the whole meaning of Netero saying you can't beat human intelligence & history most will be able to appreciate it.

I remember seeing some people being pretty pissed at the poison, going to the extreme of hating HxH for the rest of his life just for that. I'm serious.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of disappointment, even if everyone understands the point.

I remember seeing some people being pretty pissed at the poison, going to the extreme of hating HxH for the rest of his life just for that. I'm serious.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a lot of disappointment, even if everyone understands the point.

I'm sure there will be people who are disappointed, but if they understood the whole meaning of Netero saying you can't beat human intelligence & history most will be able to appreciate it.

Hopefully they'll appreciate the appropriateness of them being taken out by what's essentially the world's largest can of RAID.

I hope they can accept it and appreciate it. I really like Togashi's message for the arc. I'm sure some people will be pissed though. Oh well. :(

Why is Gon's hair 30 feet tall?
this is my theory. Pitou says that Gon has forcibly matured so that he can beat it. Well, Gon matured all at once, so his hair grew for all that time too. Dude had no time to get a haircut, thus the massive do.

Vecks

this is my theory. Pitou says that Gon has forcibly matured so that he can beat it. Well, Gon matured all at once, so his hair grew for all that time too. Dude had no time to get a haircut, thus the massive do.

Apparently he had time to trim his nails.

I loved it though. After it happened I wondered how amazing it would be if he died by being irradiated.

I remembered a lot in MangaGAF hating the final chapters of the Insect Arc, but for me it was really well done. Hoping they can do it justice in the anime though, and curious about how some would take from what will happen.

Lulubop

I loved it though. After it happened I wondered how amazing it would be if he died by being irradiated.

I remembered a lot in MangaGAF hating the final chapters of the Insect Arc, but for me it was really well done. Hoping they can do it justice in the anime though, and curious about how some would take from what will happen.

Yea, the encounter with Welfin is so good.

Azure J

Hopefully they'll appreciate the appropriateness of them being taken out by what's essentially the world's largest can of RAID.

FWIW, I already appreciated that ending for both highlighting the idea that humanity (as per HxH's world) would exploit far more than the ants ever could in the pursuit of their own self preservation and for also respecting that NONE of the current active cast could handle Meruem given where he reached in Nen proficiency.

Thanks for so eloquently giving me another humorous reason to enjoy where the arc's ending went. :lol

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Subbed for best Shounen manga. Hyped for its return even though it's only gonna be like 10 chapters. Hopefully Leorio tags along with Gon and the others for this new arc, he's been seriously left in the dust even Kuwabara got much more screen time in YYH.

Subbed for best Shounen manga. Hyped for its return even though it's only gonna be like 10 chapters. Hopefully Leorio tags along with Gon and the others for this new arc, he's been seriously left in the dust even Kuwabara got much more screen time in YYH.

Well Kuwabara was a badass and should have gotten much more screen time at the end.

Wasn't there a more experienced medical Hunter introduced in the election arc? Leorio should just train under her and the end up on the Zodiac's expedition team.

And will Zepile ever get a Hunter's License???! :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm so ready to read a new chapter, Togashi! You've kept us waiting YEARS! Can't believe it's almost here.

I was going back and reading some of the chapters in the election arc, and damn Gotoh has a lame nen ability. Tsubone's is weird as hell, but I like it a lot.

yami4ct

Yeah the Alluka thing was a huge cop out

From the standpoint of the particular Gon losing nen plot thread, yes Alluka was such a cop out. I have faith in Togashi's ability to make further use of him. His powers are super super frightening, and having him in someone beside's Kil's hands could lead to some pretty severe carnage. Could be an interesting way to use an otherwise massive "heal Gon" button.

Finally, it's Hanzo's time to shine!

Man, I want this so bad now. I really want to see exactly what it is other "types" of hunters do. Would be great to see Hanzo as a full fledged information hunter and see how that all works out. I also would kind of like to see the main group start to move in a direction of becoming specialized hunters as well.

Seeing Kurapika and Leorio again are what's really going to make this arc for me. Loved Chimera Ant, but it's definitely been too long for these two. What little we got of both in the Election arc isn't enough. It's time and I trust Togashi to make it worth the wait.

From the standpoint of the particular Gon losing nen plot thread, yes Alluka was such a cop out. I have faith in Togashi's ability to make further use of him. His powers are super super frightening, and having him in someone beside's Kil's hands could lead to some pretty severe carnage. Could be an interesting way to use an otherwise massive "heal Gon" button.

Man, I want this so bad now. I really want to see exactly what it is other "types" of hunters do. Would be great to see Hanzo as a full fledged information hunter and see how that all works out. I also would kind of like to see the main group start to move in a direction of becoming specialized hunters as well.

Seeing Kurapika and Leorio again are what's really going to make this arc for me. Loved Chimera Ant, but it's definitely been too long for these two. What little we got of both in the Election arc isn't enough. It's time and I trust Togashi to make it worth the wait.

I don't mean to hate, but I really doubt we'll be seeing much of Leorio, and much less of Kurapika.

yami4ct

I don't mean to hate, but I really doubt we'll be seeing much of Leorio, and much less of Kurapika.

Leorio is still intrinsically tied into the Elelction arc which kind of hasn't finished yet, so I expect we'll get at least some resolution with him there. With the badass Kurpika photo right before the last hiatus, I doubt Togashi will wait out much longer before finally brining him back out.

Leorio is still intrinsically tied into the Elelction arc which kind of hasn't finished yet, so I expect we'll get at least some resolution with him there. With the badass Kurpika photo right before the last hiatus, I doubt Togashi will wait out much longer before finally brining him back out.

I do hope you're right, but I can't shake that feeling :/

upandaway

Subbed~

Man it's been a while since the last chapter. So many new plotpoints brought up in one chapter, it's kind of impossible to read today's new one without going back and rereading it.

Hanzo will appear in the next arc only to be killed by the next villain.

Oh no, that's terrible, Hanzo shouldn't be fodder like Pokkle. If anyone gets killed by the next villain, it should be those people in Kite's entourage. I have no idea why the were even introduced into the story anyway.

And your avatar reminds me: Let's say Hisoka brought Abengane to Chrollo, what the heck happens from there? Would Chrollo have that big ugly worm monster around him? But I guess he would at least be able to use Nen again.

yami4ct

Oh no, that's terrible, Hanzo shouldn't be fodder like Pokkle. If anyone gets killed by the next villain, it should be those people in Kite's entourage. I have no idea why the were even introduced into the story anyway..

I think Kite's group really only existed to foster the whole mentor image he had going for him. We got a bit of that at the beginning of the series, but having this whole group really painted him as an educator rather than a purely combat focused hunter. Made his death seem more tragic, I suppose.

I think Kite's group really only existed to foster the whole mentor image he had going for him. We got a bit of that at the beginning of the series, but having this whole group really painted him as an educator rather than a purely combat focused hunter. Made his death seem more tragic, I suppose.
I don't think they would have bothered me as much if they hadn't just disappeared like a third of the way through the Chimera Ant arc. I guess it'll be interesting to see how they interact with Ant Kite, though.

Oh no, that's terrible, Hanzo shouldn't be fodder like Pokkle. If anyone gets killed by the next villain, it should be those people in Kite's entourage. I have no idea why the were even introduced into the story anyway.

And your avatar reminds me: Let's say Hisoka brought Abengane to Chrollo, what the heck happens from there? Would Chrollo have that big ugly worm monster around him? But I guess he would at least be able to use Nen again.

Chrollo wouldn't suffer any of the conditions from the exorcism. Abengane would have to keep Kurapika's nen as a "monster" until Kurapika dies or Abengane somehow fulfills the conditions required to dismiss it.

Top Bottom