• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands |S2| Live Action Anime w/ Chi Warrior Megazord | Sundays on AMC

lumi7890

twist of the fucking world? how is he alive. I- DID NOT EXPECT THAT. point goes to into the badlands for awesome plot twist.

Somebody or some group has to be making guns of some type. Pipe guns or some other shit. Just gonna roll up on some Baron's land and start blasting people.

Yeah the eventual battle between Tilda and the Widow will be fantastic.

It's so weird to see Nick Frost though. His facial details are probably why it makes it harder for me to recognize him.

Cool and fun episode to start the season.

Edit: yeah, why is the baby white? She been messing around behind Sunny's back?!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
twist of the fucking world? how is he alive.

I forget, didn't Sunny kill him? Or wasn't he poisoned (and already had cancer)? I figure if it's the later, he got an antidote from her.

lumi7890

I forget, didn't Sunny kill him? Or wasn't he poisoned (and already had cancer)? I figure if it's the later, he got an antidote from her.

sunny, so killed him at the end. like he was dead? maybe this is his twin brother? Quinn was dying from cancer, I'm am so confused right now?

TheSeks

Sunny stabbed him in an alley but we never saw his body after so...

Makes sense. It must've not been fatal like Sunny thought (as he had M.K.'s monks to worry about right after), and since she's a Doctor it's a Quid Pro Quo thing.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty good first episode. Interesting to see Nick Frost in this kinda role looking forward to seeing him fight hah.

TheSeks

Oh, that's what that line is in Aladdin.

Her parents were doctors before her. She was a researcher and knew some doctoring (she helped Ryder survive that hanging and treated the Baron/Quinn's cancer). So her helping him survive means he helps her with the birth and protecting her in the Badlands until Sunny is back.

I feel we're going to get a Ryder + Quinn vs Sunny (or Ryder vs Quinn + Sunny) episode out of this season.

Tilda vs Widow would be cool if it eventually became a thing.

I'm interested to see how they integrate the monks into the rest of the story. They seem really overpowered.

Also once MK can control his power won't he basically be unbeatable. Or is there some drawback like it takes all his chi iron fist style.

Also nick frost. Sick get by the show runners/producers.

golem

Also once MK can control his power won't he basically be unbeatable. Or is there some drawback like it takes all his chi iron fist style.
I believe he said something to the other dude in the sanctuary that the more you cut yourself to use the powers the faster you die

Tilda seems a bit more bloodthirsty than before

TheSeks

I believe he said something to the other dude in the sanctuary that the more you cut yourself to use the powers the faster you die

That's cutting. The monks were able to go Beast Mode: On in Sunny's fight against them without cutting themselves. And the "Master" is able to cure her broken bone from blocking M.K.'s super on her with magic. So who knows if that'll still be valid for him once he masters it.

DominoKid

Tilda seems a bit more bloodthirsty than before

yeah isnt it great? she was already my favorite characters but if she's making moves now watchout. it's no mercy in that girl unlike the Widow

golem

That's cutting. The monks were able to go Beast Mode: On in Sunny's fight against them without cutting themselves. And the "Master" is able to cure her broken bone from blocking M.K.'s super on her with magic. So who knows if that'll still be valid for him once he masters it.

Even so I assume there is some kind of downside to unleashing their powers.

Very nice start to the season.

Is it just me or do the red and blue costumes of the Barons really pop visually?

Also like the fact that the blood The Widow spills matches her hair.

MK gotta step his pressure point game up.

Vale is so beautiful, no wonder Sunny can't wait to get back to her.

Zocano

Good start, still hammy but not terribly so. I still hate the main kid character. Think he's the big glaring weakspot in an otherwise good cast.

I wish they'd let the Widow do more of the wider shot action scenes so she could do better action scenes cause that staircase scene coulda been sweet but just too much super close quick cuts for me.

Otherwise it's always fun to see Sunshiiiine do some cool shit with an actual budget now.

Korigama

Rewatching, I talked a lot of crap about the Rag'n'Bone Man song Human when the last Mass Effect: Andromeda trailer used it, but it worked so much better during the opening for this episode than it ever did there.

Renpatsu

I don't think it's a coincidence how similar the step up from season 1 to 2 of ITB mirrors the growth of Mad Max to Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. Just a huge confident expansion on the world that was only hinted at in the first season.

Solid first episode. I'm excited to see more Nick Frost, he seems like tthe type of dick that would do well in the world.

Widow was glorious of course. I almost can't blame the people who just stood there and watched her slaughter a bunch of scrubs, instead of running away like they should have been.

And Holy Fuck, that ending!

I feel like the no guns thing has to be similar to the whole no bullets deal in Snowpiercer, maybe they could be used as a way to counter the monks ? Now I'm imagining old school gangsters with tommy guns shooting up the monastery and taking out M.K., especially considering how much viewer feedback the creators seem to be taking into account, how much everyone hates M.K., and how Nick Frost is in a sort of similar side kick role to Sunny. I think killing off M.K. could also give the show the whole game of thrones "no one is safe" feeling, maybe get some of that first season, episode nine buzz going.

I just love how much this show is willing to go for it, and how unashamed of itself it is. Glad to see Quinn is back, I really liked his character in the first season. What did everyone else think when Marton Csokas' name popped up in the opening credits ? I thought it immediately confirmed my suspicions he would be in this, but I forgot by the time he showed up, so it was a nice surprise ! Really not sure how they're going to justify him and Vale staying together though, that sounds like something I don't know I want to see, actually. Could really go to some awful places, I hope he gets out of there fast. I mean he killed her parents, or does she still actually think Sunny did that ?

Very nice start to the season.

Is it just me or do the red and blue costumes of the Barons really pop visually?

Also like the fact that the blood The Widow spills matches her hair.

Totally agree, I think that's a big part of what makes this series feel like a comic/anime, in my opinion. I loved the opening shot of the first season with the red poppies against the green field, with Sunny in his coat on his bike with his sword, all the colours dialed up to 11. Totally sold me on the show. I love all the imagery, especially Jacobi's regent, I forget her name with the muscle car. So cool.

Sanctuary

LOL, OMG. That intro song, after all of the flak some of us just gave to the Mass Effect: Andromeda launch trailer for having it.
Anyway, this is currently my favorite awful show to watch.

Volimar

First episode just shat on the 10 episodes of Iron Fist I've watched. Black Widow is a beast.

7q2WFPf.gif

DominoKid

I feel like the no guns thing has to be similar to the whole no bullets deal in Snowpiercer, maybe they could be used as a way to counter the monks ? Now I'm imagining old school gangsters with tommy guns shooting up the monastery and taking out M.K., especially considering how much viewer feedback the creators seem to be taking into account, how much everyone hates M.K., and how Nick Frost is in a sort of similar side kick role to Sunny. I think killing off M.K. could also give the show the whole game of thrones "no one is safe" feeling, maybe get some of that first season, episode nine buzz going.

I just love how much this show is willing to go for it, and how unashamed of itself it is. Glad to see Quinn is back, I really liked his character in the first season. What did everyone else think when Marton Csokas' name popped up in the opening credits ? I thought it immediately confirmed my suspicions he would be in this, but I forgot by the time he showed up, so it was a nice surprise ! Really not sure how they're going to justify him and Vale staying together though, that sounds like something I don't know I want to see, actually. Could really go to some awful places, I hope he gets out of there fast. I mean he killed her parents, or does she still actually think Sunny did that ?

Totally agree, I think that's a big part of what makes this series feel like a comic/anime, in my opinion. I loved the opening shot of the first season with the red poppies against the green field, with Sunny in his coat on his bike with his sword, all the colours dialed up to 11. Totally sold me on the show. I love all the imagery, especially Jacobi's regent, I forget her name with the muscle car. So cool.

MK aint going anywhere. His plotline is one of the most important in the show even if a lot of people really don't like him. That said I'm not sure why people really don't like him. He's supposed to be an impulsive brat. Let him grow.

Mindlog

Yeah I know. Nick got it wrong. Glad there seems to not be huge spoilers in here, seems like tomorrow will be a good day.
Don't read anything get out!
My eyes are glued to the TV every time a fight scene comes on. 9 more episodes!
Then after every fight scene; That was fun. This is OK. Interesting. Oh. Ohhhhhhhhhh. It's about to go down. It's going down!

Without trying to read anything else, dps this air on a streaming service ep by ep? Watched S1 on netflix and wanted to keep up.

Top Bottom