• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.
So actually give a constructive idea to stopping him from doing this any further.

Yeah I have a constructive idea, try not calling people niggers. It's pretty easy actually.

He's been hammered by the masses for stupid, racist shit he's said before and it hasn't worked going by this news.

Well that settles it, if he's going to keep saying stupid racist things despite people calling him out before then nobody should criticize him for it. That's how it works after all.

Kurdel

Banned
So many dismissive posts in this thread, I hope it will be eye opening to some.

Racists and the far right are more emboldened than ever, we need to call this out when we see it.

pewdiepie is a fucking digger

you would have thought this idiot would have started digging up by now but he only goes lower and lower

at least this time it should be clear to the entire world exactly what he is, there's no explaining away this one

krazen

i really don't follow the guy,but from what i know he is not american,and for non americans that world isn't as horrible as it is for US citiziens, that would sometimes prefer scream blasphemy in public than to say the "n-word"

but as i say,i only know the guy by fame, so i can't really say what his stance is on race problems.

LOL. I love the "Hey, im Europe its not a slur!" excuse as if there's this magical divide where Europeans have no idea what racial slurs are and its this multi-country utopia of racial harmony, lol.

Meanwhile, Last time someone said some fucked up racial shit to my face was in Zurich from a Brit

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
i really don't follow the guy,but from what i know he is not american,and for non americans that world isn't as horrible as it is for US citiziens, that would sometimes prefer scream blasphemy in public than to say the "n-word"

but as i say,i only know the guy by fame, so i can't really say what his stance is on race problems.
Ah, so for non-americans, it's all good to say! Glad we cleared that up

13ruce

Banned
Indefensible.

Still, after his anti-semitic comments I'm not the least bit surprised.

Was nothing casual about it.

"What a fucking nigger"

It was hate drenched.

So it was not even the "bro" version black people use but the full word with the r that's way worse and the combination of words how it is said.

Yup full on racism slur that's no "slip out" at all he said in rage too so it's in no way a "slip out".

I don't get people that defense this at all.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ouch....thats a bad look.

Edit:

And screw everyone acting like this is normal behavior that shouldnt be called out...you are all part of the issue.
Shit like that i why minorities, women and co. dont even bother with the online gaming culture.

Who cares

Seriously? Between the racism here and his defense over his garbage videos earlier in the year? With how many younger people that watch him? Its a big deal and he's basically normalizing this behavior. Everyone who isn't a racist piece of shit should care.

Toni

Pizza con salsicci said:
Outrage ensues.

Rinse and repeat.

Boring.

jeenaudx said:
why are people so scared and offended by a simple word ?

PKEkxE4.gif

So actually give a constructive idea to stopping him from doing this any further.
He's been hammered by the masses for stupid, racist shit he's said before and it hasn't worked going by this news.

Unless he wants to change from being a racist shitbag, he wont. All the other shit he's done hasn't phased him so clearly he lacks and moral fortitude to realize he is wrong.

Hopefully he gets hit hardest on his revenue streams. This isn't isolated or out of character.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Pewd is a fucking moron and so is anyone defending him, full stop.

Can't believe even now he has a defense force. What a shitty person.

His defense force for all the nazi and Death to Jews bits are some of the worst. And now this. Fuck his defenders.

Skilletor

I actually read that as disbelief someone used the PC outrage defense? But I'll let them speak for themselves

You're right. Perhaps I should have quoted the poster in my response.

Ya'll can stop quoting me now. Should be apparent from my following responses what I meant.

I mean, I did talk about wider implications in other posts, but by all means, let's put this in a vacuum.

How do you fix it? It's easy; you actually enforce the ToS on these platforms. How do you do that in a capitalist society? I dunno; you fucking tell me how we get people to stop using money as the only and every benchmark.

FiveSide

Banned
There are so many kids who watch these YouTubers, especially Pewdiepie. That's the worst part. These guys are normalizing this language and mentality in a lot of impressionable young minds.

Are there any major YouTube personalities that are actually decent people? I seriously want to know, because every once in a while I talk to younger kids who watch these YouTube channels, and I'd like to have a decent one to recommend them watch instead.

L.O.R.D

wow, now let's see who he will made a new video to react about the the news about his word.

also,something is bothering me, why people are donating to him? it's not like he need any

DJYbGEIXkAIrw8B.jpg

i understand the concept of donating to normal people on twitch so they can continue,but to pewdiepie?

No, this is exactly right. He was doing the same moronic jumbled wordplay shit for other words for like twenty minutes before he accidentally combined ninja and dagger in his horadric cube. It was 100% an accident.
I do stupid rhymes sometimes and can't say I've ever let a slur slip. You don't say that by accident, he probably uses it when nobody is filming.

I can see why people wouldn't be outraged, considering our president said he grabbed women "by the pussy" and got elected. He could probably say the n word too and nobody would blink an eye

The n word does not pop out of your mouth by accident. Of all the things that slip out of my mouth by accident, the n word (or any other ethnic slur) is not one of them. It's literally not in my vocabulary.

He probably said it by accident, but that's only because it's a word that is in his vocabulary that he probably uses when he is alone or with the right people.

This.

His inner circle probably uses the word too

Akronis

wow, now let's see who he will made a new video to react about the the news about his word.

also,something is bothering me, why people are donating to him? it's not like he need any

DJYbGEIXkAIrw8B.jpg

i understand the concept of donating to normal people on twitch so they can continue,but to pewdiepie?

Because they want their stupid names on the screen.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
And the hand-wavers are already here. Fan-fucking-tastic.
It's the 3D approach.

Deny, downplay, deflect.

It always happens.

This guy is someone who apparently can do no wrong according to some people. He isn't a racist or anything despite the obvious evidence.

Anyone who uses racism as part of their "schitck" is basically an inappropriate idiot at best and at worse probably has racist views but is too cowardly to own up to them.

PDP has managed to self destruct already but this just proves he's not anything other than a grade A wanker.

Makki

That's the online shooter community for you, breaking at the seems with clowns and spoiled kids screaming out profanities and racially charged crap. All these clowns do it to make themselves feel like manly men behind the protection of a screen.

Pew is a freaking muppet. Hope he disappears the way of Paris Hilton.

def sim

This is so comically clear cut that anyone that defends it, even just a little, should be labeled a goddamned moron.

Anyway, Skilletor, you gotta use quotation marks or quote tags instead of sub posting something like that.

Ferr986

DJYbGEIXkAIrw8B.jpg

now you see why he does this shit, not only he's a racist, he gets money from other racists.

I hope this hits proper mainstream news (like BBC shit) so maybe finally parents will think critically about the shit their kids are watching

"I'm not gonna use nazi jokes anymore, I mean they aren't even funny anymore"

Seems he thinks the N word is though.

What a piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom