• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New HOME video and screenshots showing new games.

I don't think this has been posted yet

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/games/detail/item73986/PlayStation®Home/

The video shows new games that you can play in HOME, some of them look really interesting.

LeipzigQA_sc002.jpg

BeeDog

So awkward watching a video where gaming avatars have a party. :lol

Hopefully Sony will cut down on the loading times so they're almost non-existent; otherwise it will be a chore using Home for matchmaking or whatever.

Busty

Banned
Forgot how pretty HOME is.

I think when it comes to HOME this pretty much sums up my thoughts.

"So much potential. Yet so much time and hard needed work to realise it."

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Oni Jazar said:
Well you have to download each new area you come across.
Yeah, but all together, it's relatively small.

EDIT: 3.5 gigs if you go everywhere and buy lots of apartments I think he said?
Starts approaching the "too big" zone.

:kisses: 120gb hdd:

3.5 with all spaces added and cache dedicated to videos, future spaces, etc.

more than 10.000 invites were sent out, righ now servers can handle a maximum of 64.000 people at a time, the 0.99 upgrade is coming soon (now it's o.98) with lots of bug fixes and added stuff and, likely, the server upgrade to handle all the connections for the public release.

release date: before xmas for sure, rumours talk about november. home is not region-locked, but to get in the jap home or the us home (if you're in the eu) you must have a jap or us friend.

VegaShinra

Oni Jazar said:
Well you have to download each new area you come across.
That's what kills the size. The more areas you visit and apartments you buy, the more space it'll take up.

Is there anywhere I can download this video? It's loading terribly slow for me.

BeeDog

ice cream said:
Not really excited. It's getting more and more to the point that Home is unneeded.

When has it ever been needed? PS3 users seem to have managed just fine without it. If anything, it's a nice complement, a new option for the PS3 user. But to actually be hyped for it and look at it as a superb addition is just stupid.

zaidr

The apartment in HOME looks like the most amazing, realistic, CG thing in there...Outdoor, not so much.

Also, whats with Resistance and Ratchet rooms? A TV screen showing a trailer? Thats it?

...I'm gonna make the most wretched looking mofo ever in home. Hipsters be damned.

zaidr said:
The apartment in HOME looks like the most amazing, realistic, CG thing in there...Outdoor, not so much.

Also, whats with Resistance and Ratchet rooms? A TV screen showing a trailer? Thats it?

...I'm gonna make the most wretched looking mofo ever in home. Hipsters be damned.
The Ratchet one was the E3 room to show Quest for Booty.

iceatcs

zaidr said:

It is event area, just like e3 but online. You can interview with PR or developers standing next the screen.

andycapps

°°ToMmY°° said:
which NDA? :p

these are rumours i heard, not infos that must not be shared.

Ok, I didn't know if you were quoting official figures or not. I'm in the beta and I know they take leaks pretty seriously, so was just making sure you weren't leaking something on here.

Right Now is one of those few (yeah right few my arse >.<) times that I wish I had my PS3 with me here in uni, messing around in the beta was fun though. It seems as if they have made a lot of improvements to it compared to when we were all running around in a giant capsule. Glad to see it come along so well.

duckroll

Metalmurphy said:
Initial install is 80MB or something, then you download what you visit obviously. There's no way of telling how big HOME really is as you'll have to keep downloading the new spaces you visit. It's &#8734;GB :p

Looks like for the current 0.98 Beta in Japan, the initial install is 3gig though.

androvsky

duckroll said:
Looks like for the current 0.98 Beta in Japan, the initial install is 3gig though.

Assuming that you didn't download it and see the 3 GB download start, it's possible that it starts out with a small one and reserves a certain amount of disc space that it won't go over without a warning or something.

Firewire

Banned
Whatever the size ends up being, I don't really care.

All I want is the ability to meet up with friends/clans (someone's apartment) discuss games and possible strategies (in a war room like Warhawk's) and then all of us launch into the game together in the same in game lobby!

The rest is just bonus stuff!

gloone

Hey, SONY! Thanks for selling me a bowling game on PSN and then you give a away better one for free with home.

ody7c.gif

gloone said:
Hey, SONY! Thanks for selling me a bowling game on PSN and then you give a away better one for free with home.
We knew about the bowling game in HOME way before the Bowling game on PSN so it's your own fault :p

Top Bottom