• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Regiruler

Oh, If you're talking double battles then that's another thing entirely. No use for me to start speculating your team composition, you know that better than me.

Anyway, I checked: Xurkitree with Modest nature, Perfect IVs and Full EVs in HP and Special attack. Mudsdale with Sassy nature and perfect IVs would need only 80 EVs in attack for a certain OHKO, and full EVs in HP and 80 in Sp. Def to always survive non-crit Grass Knot, which is the strongest move Xurkitree can throw it's way, exept for Grass Z-move.

That seems like very plausible stat distribution for Mudsdale, since with Stamina ability and no speed, you'll want to put your EVs in bulk and attack.
Also, we're talking about Mudsdale here. Garchomp, for example, will switch in and eat your face with no effort if you don't have Hidden Power Ice, and Dragonite, thanks to it's Multiscale ability, can take even that 4x weakness.

The tournament is singles.

Hydrus

Sun is the first Pkm game since HGSS that I actually can't stop playing. I struggled to get thru gens 3-6. Good job gamefeak. Just fix the damn speed. So slow to get in and out of battles and menus.

The Lamp

The
ghost trial
had me legit shook.

This introduces a new potential in the Pokémon formula. I like the idea of doing quests or mini games themed around Pokémon types and I love totem Pokémon. I hope in the next games they expand this and we do more fleshed out and interesting trial quests. I'd love the idea of a longer and more interesting ghost scavenger hunt, for example. Or a mission in restoring power to a power plant for the electric trial. Something like that.

Lucario

Only got two requests from the other thread so I figured I'd try here:

Giving away some 6IV shiny Japanese ditto to gaffers. ~10 available. Instructions in email tag, quote to view.

One per person. Will start sending them out at ~3PMEST

Regiruler

Giving away some 6IV shiny Japanese ditto to gaffers. ~10 available. Instructions in email tag, quote to view.

there's no way those are legitimate

Regiruler

I have two pretty much free slots on Araquanid. Any arguement against sticking mirror coat on it for the alola tournament tonight for maximum keks?

I don't know if Battle Tree / Ultra Beasts sidequest is enough to keep me playing after becoming champion....

I am also kinda bummed with how limited the moveset possbilities for most of my team is.

Currently using these, all of them between lvl 60/70:

Decidueye
Mudsdale
Vikavolt
Salazzle
Ribombee
Gumshoos

Producer

played Battle Tree for the first time and cleared the first singles battle.

Got a question, is it possible to obtain
the gen 1 starters right now? Since Red gave me the megastones for them

ionitron

Bless you! Will put one up right now. Hopefully noone takes it, lol.

.JayZii

Banned
I wish the Oricorios could learn more moves via tm. Kind of crazy that Revelation Dance is the only move they learn of their primary type.

Berordn

Got a question, is it possible to obtain
the gen 1 starters right now? Since Red gave me the megastones for them

They're still locked until Bank.

Which makes it all the more puzzling why they decided to make half the Megas unavailable.

OK, I want in on this, but I won't get home until around 7PM EST. :<

Kyzer

Banned

Just put it up!

The Lamp

I want one! Following your instructions.

Can I have 1 please

Edit: I'll put my poliwag closer to when you start.

Wiseblade

Is there any reason to really Continue a Battle Tree streak beyond 50 wins? The streak bonuses make it appealing to just start over after 50.

Ezalc

The
ghost trial
had me legit shook.

This introduces a new potential in the Pokémon formula. I like the idea of doing quests or mini games themed around Pokémon types and I love totem Pokémon. I hope in the next games they expand this and we do more fleshed out and interesting trial quests. I'd love the idea of a longer and more interesting ghost scavenger hunt, for example. Or a mission in restoring power to a power plant for the electric trial. Something like that.

What's that? A new idea/mechanic in a new game that people actually liked? Time to completely drop it for the next game!
-Gamefreak

Koppai

I remember during the main game when the Pokémon would call for help, a compadre came every time. But post game, nothing ever shows up. Haha :p

Is there any reason to really Continue a Battle Tree streak beyond 50 wins? The streak bonuses make it appealing to just start over after 50.

Getting to level 100 and level 200 gives you two berries you can't get anywhere else.

So I guess just get to 200 once then you don't need to worry about it anymore since you can just grow more of those berries in Poke Pelago.

Wiseblade

Getting to level 100 and level 200 gives you two berries you can't get anywhere else.

So I guess just get to 200 once then you don't need to worry about it anymore since you can just grow more of those berries in Poke Pelago.
Just checked Bulbapedia, the Starf and Lansat berries? I can definitely live without those. I won't kill my streaks prematurely for now, but I definitely won't make any real effort to reach a 200 win streak.

Crayolan

Gen 7 walking animations video is out. They have a lot more personality than the other 721. Highlights are Salazzle, Komala, and Buzzwole.

Also just got a Tapu Lele for Trubbish on GTS, didn't think that'd actually work lol. Time to circulate Leles through GTS to see if I can get one with a +sp att nature.

Got my event Magearna, kinda underwhelming as the game just hands it to you with very little fanfare.

I still have questions about Magearna and the game answer none of them.

So I headed off to the battle tree and I met and battled Dexio, urgh I didn't want to battle him and it was annoying to see that the AI still send mega out last.

Then Dexio gave me a mega stone for Alakazam but I was like "No you keep your mega and Kalos crap to yourself."

I tried to throw away the mega stone but Game Freak removed that option so I had to catch a Pokémon, give it the mega stone and release it.

lmao. I think you hate megas a little too much.

global link
Really? It seems as if I signed up ingame by downloading the ruleset. Is that not enough?

If I have to sign up via Global Link then I guess I'm not entering it since the online comp page only shows a blank "past comps" thing with no Battle of Alola. This is BS damnit! :(

Gen 7 walking animations video is out. They have a lot more personality than the other 721. Highlights are Salazzle, Komala, and Buzzwole.

Also just got a Tapu Lele for Trubbish on GTS, didn't think that'd actually work lol. Time to circulate Leles through GTS to see if I can get one with a +sp att nature.

Wait...why does Gamefreak animate walking animations?

Wiseblade

wouldn't surprise me if gyms return and removed trials lol
If that's what it takes for me to get a Gym Theme: Alolan Mix, I'll wave goodbye to Trials with a smile on my face.

Preferably, Gyms could be added in the post game of a hypothetical third version. Give Island trials their proper place in the main story, but add traditional gyms in the post game under the pretense that you're testing the layouts and giving the would-be Gym Leaders practice.

ionitron

Wow, I really like Magearna's.

I didn't expect that it'd be walking tbh. If it wasn't for the fact that Magearna didn't shoehorn a pokeball in its design, I'd like it a looooot more than I do now.

Edit: Starting quest 2 for Razor claw. Have compound eyes butterfree ready for this.

Got my shiny Mudbray is 72 encounters and Impish nature to boot! Going for Bruxish next. I need a shiny version of that ugly son of a fish lol.

Wiseblade

OK, I need help nicknaming the following Pokémon:

Primarina
Alolan Raichu
Pyukumuku
Mimikyu
Aloan Ninetales
Pelipper
Pinsir
Bewear
Tapu Koko
Silvally

Because I just feel bad not naming those able to survive my rigorous selective breeding, doping and training regimens.

Articalys

Naive questions from somebody who's never touched a single match of competitive before ever:

- Is there a preliminary singles meta yet? Since that first online competition starts tomorrow.
- If something unbreedable has a nature that suppresses its primary attack type or its speed, is it even worth using in the Tree/online?

Wiseblade

Naive questions from somebody who's never touched a single match of competitive before ever:

- Is there a preliminary singles meta yet?
- If something unbreedable has a nature that suppresses the stronger of its attack types, or its speed, is it even worth using in the Tree/online?
1) The Smogon OU and Battle Spot singles metagames have largely stabilised from what I can see. Expect major upheaval in both when Bank opens though.
2) what is the specific Pokémon and its nature? It might just be able to use its weaker offensive Stat depending on its movepool.

Sciel

I now have 3 boxes of Absol's with 5/6IVs (All Maxed Attack) and with HAs. Per breeding batch of 5, usually only 2 meet this criteria.

Oh boy, getting rid of these will be fun.

ionitron

I swear that every fucking SOS chain has to have some some sort of absolute ridiculous hassle.

Dittos were a pain in the ass, you have to through the effort of setting up a trubbish with recycle and a switch a leppa berry on it. For Mareanie, you have to keep the Corsola alive, but of course it has recover, reducing the chances that it'd sos, but be careful, you don't want it to be too low either that the Mareanie kills it if it has a chance. Pangoro/Pancham have circle punch, switching me from my freaking Entrainment user to check for the hidden ability. Jangmo-o needs Work up, Iron Defense, AND Screech. I can't even.

Wiseblade

I swear that every fucking SOS chain has to have some some sort of absolute ridiculous hassle.

Dittos were a pain in the ass, you have to through the effort of setting up a trubbish with recycle and a switch a leppa berry on it. For Mareanie, you have to keep the Corsola alive, but of course it has recover, reducing the chances that it'd sos, but be careful, you don't want it to be too low either that the Mareanie kills it if it has a chance. Pangoro/Pancham have circle punch, switching me from my freaking Entrainment user to check for the hidden ability. Jangmo-o needs Work up, Iron Defense, AND Screech. I can't even.
Does this mean you have a Scrappy Pancham? Interested in spreading the love?

DedValve

Banned
OK, I need help nicknaming the following Pokémon:

Primarina
Alolan Raichu
Pyukumuku
Mimikyu
Aloan Ninetales
Pelipper
Pinsir
Bewear
Tapu Koko
Silvally

Because I just feel bad not naming those able to survive my rigorous selective breeding, doping and training regimens.

Ninetales = FairyTale

Its a fairy, Fairytale is a manga that stars Dragneel the Dragon slayer and what type is a more perfect for slaying dragons?

I was gonna name mine that but I got it from a trade.

Mimikyu I named mines Ito in honor of Junji Ito the horror manga artist who drew incredibly fucked up Pokemon manga panels. He needs to do a new one with Mimikyu!

Wiseblade

Ninetales = FairyTale

Mimikyu I named mines Ito in honor of Junji Ito the horror manga artist who drew incredibly fucked up Pokemon manga panels. He needs to do a new one with Mimikyu!
There is NO WAY I'm naming my Ninetales after that trash manga. I like the idea of giving Mimikyu a horror themed name though.

that's a solid interpretation.

My personal opinion is that
Lusamine saw those Ultra Beasts while she and her husband were researching Ultra Space and, after flying off the deep end, modeled her own appearance after Pheromosa. Lillie already admitted that her mother dressed her, so that explains the similarities to Nihilego, and Guzma was working for Lusamine in secret, so it's possible that she suggested that he'd look tight in black clothes with white hair to make him look like Xurkitree.
Someone else mentioned this too and I can totally buy this. Makes a lot of sense.

Actually, knowing that ultra beasts aren't based on humans means there really isn't much clue to explain what the ultra beasts are. Maybe gamefreak really didn't have a specific meaning in mind for them.

The only question that really remains is what is their connection to Solgaleo and Lunala. I still think it's interesting that Solgaleo and Lunala can create wormholes but the ultra beasts can't. Other than that I've got nothing.

Kyzer

Banned
Nvm turns out I already bought the exeggutor shirt

Got mine, thanks!

Jay RaR

what's so special about trubbish

do people just avoid going to the spot with the style guy

After seeing many posts about this, I decided to try this out for myself. I didn't trade for legendaries, but I was fishing for a good Ditto, HA Mareenie, and a HA Vulpix. Surprisingly I got the first 2 (4 IVs each) but not the Vulpix. Eventually got a HA Vulpix (with great Egg moves!) for trading a trash nature Xerkitree but the trades still surprised me nonetheless.

Top Bottom