• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kayo Satoh: Sexy Japanese model, Street Fighter fan, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollipen

95tpn5.jpg

...man?

From Tokyo Hive (which has a far larger gallery of pics):

Fashion model, game presenter, and cosplayer, Kayo Sato (a.k.a Kayo Police), revealed her true gender.

After rumors of the model’s gender persisted, the 22-year-old felt that she needed to come clean…on TV. She recently announced on a TV show that she is indeed actually a man. Kayo is popular on Nico Nico as an assistant presenter on the Nico video game show.

Kayo said that she moved away from her hometown so that nobody would recognize her, and then started to live as a woman under a different name. After she moved, Kayo was scouted by a modeling agency and started work as a female model. No one at the agency suspected anything.

Kayo says that she is all natural, so she didn’t get plastic surgery to look like she does, and she owes much of her success to her talent in applying make-up. Even though Kayo is really a man, with the current boom of boys crossdressing/cosplaying as their female counterparts, Kayo shouldn’t have a problem staying in her current position. In fact, now that she’s come out, she’ll probably gain more male fans.

Kayo posted on her blog today (9/1 JST):

“To everyone who received my message.

Thank you everyone for the comments.
I have received so much courage from them.

As I said on the show I was born a boy.
I feel really good about being able to tell everyone about my past.

I appreciate you guys giving me this opportunity.

I will continue to work as Kayo Sato and keep moving forward.

I’m really happy that many people have accepted me and my new start.

Thank you all very much.”

Ever since she posted this, she’s received nothing but encouragement and positive feedback from many people.

I wasn't terribly familiar with Satoh before this story, so I'm curious about a lot of things. In saying she's "all natural", does that mean she's not only had no plastic surgery, but also no hormones? If she's not done hormones of any kind, then fuck has nature been kind to her (in regards to allowing her to live the way she wants to).

I'm also curious though as to how she sees herself. If she fully wants to be female, I'm kind of surprised if she has indeed not done any hormone treatments yet. (But then again, I don't know how easy that is to get into in Japan.) Or maybe she enjoys to some degree having a male body but also prefers to live her life as a woman. I'm not sure I'd classify her as a cross dresser, because - at least from my exposure to that side of things - it isn't done to this degree. (Not that it matters - as I say she should do what makes her happy as long as it isn't hurting anybody else - I'm just always curious about the mental/emotional reasonings behind things.)

Either way, it's good that she can finally be honest about who she is, and stop having to hide that side of herself. Also, glad to see that, so far, it seems like she's getting a lot of positive support from her fans.

And yes, I know the danger this thread may have of getting off track VERY quickly. Hopefully things can stay civil.

2z4agw7.jpg

35bfktt.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The thread title was the first trap.... the pic was the second trap :(

well played.

Guevara

shidoshi said:
I wasn't terribly familiar with Satoh before this story, so I'm curious about a lot of things. In saying she's "all natural", does that mean she's not only had no plastic surgery, but also no hormones? If she's not done hormones of any kind, then fuck has nature been kind to her (in regards to allowing her to live the way she wants to).

No way. And add me to the wood chorus.

Ferrio

Banned
So she likes street fighter and cosplay....... I think I have the exact character she should dress up as next.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Siebzehn50 said:
I do believe that's a bannable term
Oh right because it's offensive to transgendered people? Although RiskyChris' famous thread actually got him banned. :p

I don't see "trap" as a slur. If anything it's like "bam, now you're hot for trans girls". You instantly become a fan. (don't ban me)

WJD

Looks quite good in the first pic.

Looks baaaad in the others. Especially the one with his belly out.

Dresden

BocoDragon said:
Oh right because it's offensive to transgendered people? Although RiskyChris' famous thread actually got him banned. :p

I don't see "trap" as a slur. If anything it's like "bam, now you're hot for trans girls". You instantly become a fan. (don't ban me)
Eh, still, no point in risking it. A couple of people got monthlong bans on gaming side for using the word.

harSon

Banned
BocoDragon said:

The 'Banned sites\memes\words that will most likely get you banned' FAQ was amended to include the term 'traps' in regard to transgendered people.

BocoDragon said:

I'm just going by what is in the FAQ

Banned words\phrases:

1. Racist vocabulary (Nigger, Kike, Jap, Chink, Frog so on..)
2. "Fag", "Faggot", "That's gay!" -- This is not middle school. NeoGAF has a sizable gay community, and if that bothers you, go somewhere else.
3. Misogynistic remarks or jokes.
4. Statements derogatory to transgendered people. Note: calling someone/thing a "trap" is included in this notation.

Geneijin

BocoDragon said:
Not quite sure of the details but some were banned for it in the Catherine thread weeks ago on the gaming side.

Really not too hard to tell... especially in that close up pic with the glasses and the stomach one. First one looks like a robot

I don't get the part that says this:

Even though Kayo is really a man, with the current boom of boys crossdressing/cosplaying as their female counterparts, Kayo shouldn’t have a problem staying in her current position. In fact, now that she’s come out, she’ll probably gain more male fans.

How will this help her get new male fans? It seems like quite a turn off for me

scotcheggz

I have a question, if she is a fashion model, how the hell did she manage to keep it such a secret? I mean, in one of those galleries, there is a picture of her in a bikini. We've all seen how touched-up fashion photography is and I personally do it as a job, so I know the level of zoomage and attention to the tiniest details people that do this work go into.

Maybe they were just too embarrased to ask questions and put it down to bad light or something...

Zophar

funkmastergeneral said:

Gay men and other crossdressers, I expect?

Also, nthing the internal conflict.

scotcheggz said:
I have a question, if she is a fashion model, how the hell did she manage to keep it such a secret? I mean, in one of those galleries, there is a picture of her in a bikini. We've all seen how touched-up fashion photography is and I personally do it as a job, so I know the level of zoomage and attention to the tiniest details people that do this work go into.

Maybe they were just too embarrased to ask questions and put it down to bad light or something...
Incoming joke about Asian males and small penises.

Ferrio

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:

The transgender thing is becoming really big even among males. Which to me has always makes sense, as a straight male I'm attracted to femininity.

I mean... Buck Angel is biologically a woman, even still has all the parts but I am noway attracted to him. There would be no hesitation if I had to pick between the woman in the op or this:

Buck%20Angel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom