• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim DLC "Dawnguard" coming this summer

Zhvhs.jpg

Exclusive for the 360 for 30 days.

That's all we get today, apparently. More info at E3. Lame.

So worth hyping this today's grand reveal.

Ah well, I'm sure it'll be awesome when they actually, you know, tell us about it.

Lakitu

st5fu
Dawnguard, huh. I bet we'll see this at MS presser. I hope Summer isn't like August and is more like June / July.

edgefusion

I'm guessing the 30 day PS3 delay is so they can do extra QA testing to make sure it actually works this time.
lol

Announcement of an announcement? :(

You forgot that yesterday the Elder Scrolls Twitter announced that there would be announcement.

So really this is an announcement of an announcement of an announcement. Announception.

Gartooth

Mark my words, but this will probably be at Microsoft's E3 press conference as they unveil this and dance around it being exclusive for a month.

ReaperXL7

I wonder if they will actually get this working on PS3, or is it PC/360 exclusive?

exlusive to 360 for 30 days, but something tells me that this will break the PS3 version again so I would not get my hopes up personally. Wait for player reviews, not press reviews.

Or get it on 360/PC

Derrick01

Banned
Mark my words, but I'm going to guess that this will be at Microsoft's E3 press conference as they unveil this and dance around it being exclusive for a month.

Well MS needs all the non Kinect stuff they can get at their conference so I wouldn't mind.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wait, what? Exclusive to 360 a month before PC? What the fuck is this?

Mark my words, but I'm going to guess that this will be at Microsoft's E3 press conference as they unveil this and dance around it being exclusive for a month.

But why would they do that when the draw of it being exclusive is getting people to buy it for the 360?

That's cool, I've pretty much cleaned out most of Skyrim's content and I've wanted something new. I hope its something meaty and fleshed out.

Gartooth

But why would they do that when the draw of it being exclusive is getting people to buy it for the 360?

Yeah I didn't word that right, I was trying to say that they would gloat about it being a timed exclusive for 360, not ignoring it. By "dancing" I meant "bragging".

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Wait, what? Exclusive to 360 a month before PC? What the fuck is this?

This.

I will wait until I 1) see if its any good and 2) its on sale before buying. Went from blind purchase to "wait for it..." in one statement.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Speaking of which, the Kinect patch for 360 is out now.

I was hoping for something a bit more...specific today.

Same. They hyped up an announcement of an announcement. Blah!

Will try the kinect stuff just for quick save though. (And other hilarious commands).

So ES lore buffs, any good speculation about red eyes and a dawn reference?

A couple of days ago a bunch of files were added to the game, related to (spoiler, just in case)
Falmer (the former snow elfs, iirc) and crossbows (which explains the darts over the right shoulder). So this DLC should talk about something related to the history of the Falmers, if I got this right. I don't know if they had red eyes, though, or if/how they're connected to this DLC.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's not really a moral issue. This was known even before the game came out.

Well I'm sure it's clear to you from my posts that I didn't know about it. As such, I'm showing my shock and surprise. We're not a hive mind. Sometimes I don't know things you do, and vice versa.

Gestahl

For every hour of Skyrim I played I soured on it more and more, so unless this DLC is randomly being farmed out to a dev that knows what writing is, probably going to pass. After New Vegas I can't take listening to or reading Bethesda dialogue anymore, nevermind the other problems with their games.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Well I'm sure it's clear to you from my posts that I didn't know about it. As such, I'm showing my shock and surprise. We're not a hive mind. Sometimes I don't know things you do, and vice versa.

I guess it's more that I'm surprised anyone would be shocked and/or surprised by the notion of a timed platform exclusive at this point in the generation.

thetrin

Seriously. It's comical that it makes people mad.

It's actually not comical at all, especially since I didn't know.

I guess it's more that I'm surprised anyone would be shocked and/or surprised by the notion of a timed platform exclusive at this point in the generation.

There's a bit of a difference between a week timed exclusive like the BF3 CQC dlc, and a MONTH.

Dave1988

Hmmm, glowing eyes and new bloodsucking animations for vampires....

Guess they'll buff vampirism.

Day 31, indeed.

Top Bottom