• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends JP box (Wii U exclusive in Japan, published by Nintendo)

iHkHLWaqpUgwa.jpg

Found at Amazon JP.

DAMN that's beautiful! Why can't that be the NA/EU box? :(

Would be more than happy just getting a copy of the sleeve to go with my eventual NA Wii U version purchase. Shame that's not so easy to obtain, don't want to import the game at full-price (conversion will kill my wallet) just for the sleeve. :p

Is Rayman popular in Japan or are we looking at W101 numbers?

Box is a thing of beauty.

You're looking at something that'll likely be way below W101 numbers. Rayman Origins charted in at #43 in a week where the 20th selling game sold 3.2k. So RO may have sold a few hundred units.

Exclusive? They should have released in February then. There still hasn't been a demo in Japan and they didn't get the challenge mode either, so Japan is going into this launch hype-free.

After seeing W101 and Wii U system numbers I can safely say ubisoft made the smart move making the game multiplatform. Sadly it probably still won't do well as I recall Rayman origins moved even thought was one of the best games (if not THE best) of winter 2011

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh, so it's exclusive to Wii U here? Good thing I got my hands on an EU PS3 copy.

antonz

Oh, so it's exclusive to Wii U here? Good thing I got my hands on an EU PS3 copy.

Ubisoft seems to let a lot more of their general audience stuff in Japan get published by Nintendo if its at least on a Nintendo system. Saw that with Just dance etc

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ubisoft seems to let a lot more of their general audience stuff in Japan get published by Nintendo if its at least on a Nintendo system. Saw that with Just dance etc
I wonder who's being stupid here - Nintendo or Ubisoft. Origins got released on both Vita and 3DS here (don't remember if we got the PS3 version), but with a few month delay iirc.

PaulloDEC

Lovely covers, both the Japanese and the Limited Euro. Then again, the regular art is pretty nice too, so I guess we all win.

sakipon

Are there many examples of boxart where the art crosses the yellow line near the Wii U logo? Haven't noticed that before.

Man, what is up with Nintendo published titles having characters/items on the Wii U stamp (Glowbox's arm). This is also on the Nintendo Land box and NSMB U Box. No other title does that. At least that I know of.

edit: and man, that is one lovely box. But, I will probably never look at it again, and swapping discs is a pain. Buying day one digital on the eShop!

I wonder who's being stupid here - Nintendo or Ubisoft. Origins got released on both Vita and 3DS here (don't remember if we got the PS3 version), but with a few month delay iirc.

pretty much no one buys ubisoft published games in japan, for example just dance published by Nintendo sold like half a million plus whereas the Michael Jackson game published by ubi sold like 10k

Top Bottom