• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see the trilogy final since it's never been done with both teams compeltely healthy. Then I want to see Dubs smash them 4-0 in the most humiliating final of all time. I want Draymond to go inside the locker room and bring out cookies with Lebron's and Kyrie's faces as they drink champagne in the middle of the court. Might as well pull out the WWE script and go all in.

Then I never want to see these two teams playing each other in another NBA final.

Rockets and OKC is going to be fun, even though shorter than people expect. No place for WB to bully shitty teams as he gets the Ws. OKC are gonna get that work.

phanphare

Banned
celtics over the bulls in 5
wizards over the hawks in 4
cavs over the pacers in 6
raps over the bucks in 7
warriors over the blazers in 5
clips over the jazz in 7
spurs over the griz in 7
rockets over the thunder in 5

wizards over the celtics in 6
cavs over the raps in 6
warriors over the clips in 5
rockets over the spurs in 7

wizards over the cavs in 6
warriors over the rockets in 5

warriors over the wizards in 5

:)

What the fuck happened to the Miami Heat being the most dangerous first rd match up in the East? Like a week ago no one wanted to play the the 7th seed.

Jacce

Banned
Alright some real predictions

West:
Warriors (1) over Trailblazers (8) in 4
Spurs (2) over Grizzlies (7) in 6
Rockets (3) over the Thunder (6) in 6
Clippers (4) over the Jazz (6) in 7

Warriors (1) over the Clippers (4) in 5
Rockets (3) over the Spurs (2) in 7

Warriors (1) over the Rockets (3) in 6

East:
Celtics (1) over the Bulls (8) in 5
Cavaliers (2) over the Pacers (7) in 6
Raptors (3) over the Bucks (6) in 6
Wizards (4) over the Hawks (5) in 4

Wizards (4) over the Celtics (1) in 6
Cavaliers (2) over the Raptors (3) in 7

Cavaliers (2) over the Wizards (4) in 6

Finals:
Warriors (1) over the Cavaliers (2) in 5

Who in the East would have the best chance against the Cavs? I actually like Paul George and crew to at least give them some trouble in the first round.

West:
Warriors sweep Blazers
Spurs sweep Grizzlies
Rockets beat Russ in 6
Clippers beat Jazz (6) in 5

Warriors beat Clippers in 5
Spurs beat Rockets in 6

Warriors over Spurs in 7

East:
Celtics over Bulls in 5
Cavs sweep Pacers
Raptors over in Bucks in 6
Wizards over Hawks in 5

Celtics over Wiz in 6
Cavaliers over Raptors in 7

Cavs over Celtics in 5

Finals:
Warriors over Cavs in 6 (OKC cries)

Amory

Celts fan checking in.

I'm looking forward to the playoffs but Boston is probably the most flawed #1 seed I can remember.

I seriously wouldn't be shocked if they lost in the first round. It all depends on if the 3s fall.

I'm interested in Bulls vs. Celtics and Rockets vs. Thunder the most out of these. I'm also interested to see if playoff Lebron immediately elevates the Cavs or if they still look like shit.

overcast

Celtics-Bulls - 7 games.
Cavs-Pacers - 5 games.
Raptors-Bucks - 7 games.
Wizards-Hawks - 6 games.

Warriors-Blazers - 4 games
Spurs-Grizzlies - 6 games.
Rockets-Thunder - 6 games.
Jazz-Clippers - 7 games.

All home teams. I can see the raptors or jazz losing honestly. A bit worried about Westbrook going off on us + harden going cold leading to the thunder stealing the series

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
These first round matchups are pretty lit.

Warriors in 5
Spurs in 7
Rockets in 6
Clips in 7

Celtics in 6
Cleveland in 6
Raptors in 7
Wizards in 5

Westbrook going to need to continue averaging triple-doubles in the playoffs for OKC to stand a chance. He just may.

When are they announcing his MVP award? Is it after the team gets bounced in the first round, or does it come after the playoffs are over?

Tall4Life

Westbrook going to need to continue averaging triple-doubles in the playoffs for OKC to stand a chance. He just may.

When are they announcing his MVP award? Is it after the team gets bounced in the first round, or does it come after the playoffs are over?
I want to say they are voting this week

JohnsonUT

Unfortunately at the end of the playoffs. Nothing like an MVP trophy be awarded in a press conference because the team got eliminated first round.

phanphare

Banned

depends if one of those doubles is turnovers or not

I want to say they are voting this week

Unfortunately at the end of the playoffs. Nothing like an MVP trophy be awarded in a press conference because the team got eliminated first round.

Boo. Makes sense.

depends if one of those doubles is turnovers or not

No, that will be a quadruple-double. And he'll likely have at least one of those this series, maybe more.

Harden will also easily pull a triple-double with turnovers, points, and assists this series. Possibly multiple times.

Bread

Banned
KMkGYfO.png

It was a horrific few years watching our C tank and not be good, us fans deserve this!!!! We are the greatest team and fan base of all time!

ViciousDS

Banned
KMkGYfO.png

It was a horrific few years watching our C tank and not be good, us fans deserve this!!!! We are the greatest team and fan base of all time!

you deserve to get destroyed by either George or Butler and lose due to not trading for either player due to holding a single 1st round pick lol

KMkGYfO.png

Where Boston innovated in this was they got another team to tank for them. I don't understand why this hasn't picked up across the league.

Matticers

Prediction time.

Celtics over Bulls in 6
Wizards over Hawks in 7
Cavs over Pacers in 5
Raptors over Bucks in 6

Warriors over Blazers in 4
Clippers over Jazz in 7
Spurs over Grizzlies in 6
Rockets over Thunder in 5

Celtics over Wizards in 7
Cavs over Raptors in 6

Warriors over Clippers in 6
Spurs over Rockets in 7

Cavs over Celtics in 5
Warriors over Spurs in 6

Warriors over Cavs in 5

All I want to see is the Warriors not winning it all. Or some nice upsets to teams that aren't the Celtics. But it's the NBA and major upsets are rare and I fully expect the Warriors to win it.

Amory

Where Boston innovated in this was they got another team to tank for them. I don't understand why this hasn't picked up across the league.

Having a surrogate tanker is pretty awesome.

Brooklyn made maybe the most shortsighted trade in NBA history. Billy King has to take a lot of the blame there, but to be fair he was probably pushed into doing it by the eccentric russian billionaire that had just bought the team and wanted to create instant hype around a pretty meh franchise

Having a surrogate tanker is pretty awesome.

Brooklyn made maybe the most shortsighted trade in NBA history. Billy King has to take a lot of the blame there, but to be fair he was probably pushed into doing it by the eccentric russian billionaire that had just bought the team and wanted to create instant hype around a pretty meh franchise

Billy King is innocent for one very good reason.

tiEZxKv.jpg

He's above reproach.

Those Heat vs Pacers match ups were pretty fun years ago but the Heat had a huge big advantage x LeBron x Wade so I think this Cavs / Pacers series might go 7

Or if LeBron is right about his "turn on" switch mode it'll be over in 4

Celtics gonna shock the world

I really want to predict Paul George x Lance Stephenson DBZ Fusion Supernova that somehow overcomes the evil of Jebron Lames...but I'm not that much of a homer.

Cavs in 6

oh boy prediction time

Warriors over Trailblazers in 4. I'd probably say 5, but this is the #ToasterEra.
Spurs over Grizzlies in 7.
Rockets over Thunder in 6. I wish they would announce the MVP awards now so someone would just play in AYEFUCKYOU-mode.
Clippers over the Jazz in 6. I'm really only saying this because I rather play the Clippers over the Jazz in round 2. :V

Bulls over the Celtics in 6. I don't feel good about this pick, but I also don't feel good about the Celtics over the past few weeks.
Cavaliers over the Pacers in 5. PG13 and Lebron go at it for 4 games, but by 5 he runs out of steam. :<
Raptors over the Bucks in 6. I wanna believe in my boy Giannis, but it's not enough. :<
Wizard over the Hawks in 5. dwight schroder lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom