• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF, minutes afeter downloading VCII on my ps3 to transfer to my vita my PS3 shuts itself off and a red light starts flashing. Now it only lasts a few minutes on before turning itself off again. :(

Is there any other way to transfer the game to mi vita?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
WTF, minutes afeter downloading VCII on my ps3 to transfer to my vita my PS3 shuts itself off and a red light starts flashing. Now it only lasts a few minutes on before turning itself off again. :(

your ps3 is dead. my condolences

I did not expect writing a review of Mortal Kombat to be as difficult as it was. Being a port and all...

Anyway, I gave it our second 5 star review ever. Gameplay over graphics, right?

In less exciting news, Im currently forcing my way through the slop that is Supremacy MMA and should have a review up within a few days. But it's not even worth a click so here ya go.... that game is FUCKING TERRIBLE.

PaulLFC

I noticed that Amazon UK are selling MLB 12 for Vita, but it's not actually sold by Amazon themselves, rather a third party seller, here.

I assume it hasn't actually been released over here and it would be US copies being sold - I've forgotten how the Vita works in relation to multiple accounts - if I bought the game would I have to make a new US profile, format the memory card and then log in with my US account to play it?

I wish Sony would just release the game in the UK to be honest.

impact

Banned
I noticed that Amazon UK are selling MLB 12 for Vita, but it's not actually sold by Amazon themselves, rather a third party seller, here.

I assume it hasn't actually been released over here and it would be US copies being sold - I've forgotten how the Vita works in relation to multiple accounts - if I bought the game would I have to make a new US profile, format the memory card and then log in with my US account to play it?

I wish Sony would just release the game in the UK to be honest.

Does anyone really care about baseball in the UK though?

SUPARSTARX

Ahhh frustrated. I still cannot connect my Vita to my Router properly. All the settings are correct. It gets an IP but no connection test works.

I can go into my router to do a connectivity test to the Vita but not from Vita to Router.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I never played Strangers Wrath or Munch's Odyssey, so I'll definitely be snagging those on my Vita when they release.

So many games I'm looking forward to! I'll be grabbing Resistance, Gravity Rush/Daze, and LittleBigPlanet when they release in the next few weeks.

I've pretty much beat all of the launch Vita titles I picked up, and am currently running through the missions in Unit 13. I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying it, since I'm not the biggest Zipper follower (although I did enjoy MAG, I was never that big into SOCOM, however). Unit 13 feels good, and I like the way it's set up through missions. I haven't done any dynamic missions yet, as I'm waiting to clear the initial 36 stages first. some of them are really frigging hard to 5 star, though!

Famassu

They....lied to us. Those jerks. Seriously, though, it's frustrating beyond words that we haven't even heard a word since the beginning of February, and we expecting to get many more titles by a month or less (at least, I was).
Uh... but they HAVE made more games available. Or at least there are games I wasn't able to download before but can now.

Ran rp

highly recommend Moral Kombat

moral.jpg

btkadams

it could just be overheated. wait a few hours. when my ps3 died, it blinked yellow.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So with Gravity Rush on the Horizon and seeing as it is the same price pretty much everywhere, do we know what UK retailer is getting that pre-order DLC?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Does anyone really care about baseball in the UK though?

Like Soccer in the US, Baseball/softball variant "rounders" is played by girls in schools so there's maybe -some- interest ;)

For me personally, i'm from the UK an i love baseball - infact, there's very few sports i don't like... Golf, cricket, darts, snooker, billiards, pool, skiing, uphill gardening... i love them all.

My biggest surprise has been how much time i've sank into Pro Spirits over The Show so far. I know i'm going on like a broken record here but Pro Spirits is fantastic - best game on the Vita, hands down.

Hopefully they announce bigger&faster memory cards at E3. Backing up games takes a bit too long for switching games on PS3/PC to be a viable option in the long term...
Backup speeds to PC are not going to be improved by increasing the speed of the memory card... that`s got to do with the file processing (read: encryption) that Sony`s doing to prevent piracy... it`s all done on the Vita, and it`s not fast...

So I bought a Vita today and couldn't be happier. Like with my 3DS, I never bought the previous generation of haldhelds (DS, PSP), so there's a whole new library of games open to me. I've already bought Persona 3, Patapon 2 and Corpse Party.

I have a couple questions, and I hope you guys haven't answered them too much before...

How does the remote play work? Is there a lot of lag? I love the idea of being able to play a game from my PS3 in my living room through my Vita in my bedroom.

Secondly, any idea when Vita trophies will show under your normal trophy account with the PS3?

So glad I've made this purchase. I can't wait for Gravity Rush, Dust and Persona 4. :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
S
I have a couple questions, and I hope you guys haven't answered them too much before...

How does the remote play work? Is there a lot of lag? I love the idea of being able to play a game from my PS3 in my living room through my Vita in my bedroom.

Secondly, any idea when Vita trophies will show under your normal trophy account with the PS3?

Remote play basically lets you navigate your PS3's XMB on a Vita or PSP using your wireless network. There are many limitations, though, only a small handful of PS3 and PSN games can actually be played via remote play, and some features like Netflix and VUDU won't work either. It's also a bit laggy and the image quality takes a hit. Sony should be making more PS3 games compatible via remote play in the future, but who knows how long that will take. The only reasons to fuck with it now is to use your Windows Media Server or play your downloaded PSX games on your Vita.

Vita trophies will add to the same pool as your PS3 trophies, but there are no way to view your Vita trophies on your PS3. But you can view your PS3 Trophies on your Vita. It's another thing that Sony might add in the future, but we have no idea how long it will take. They haven't given us any date as far as I know.

VanWinkle

I asked Just Add Water a question about how development is going and framerate on Stranger's Wrath, thinking they would most likely not even respond. Surprisingly, they did within like an hour. They said:

Just Add Water said:
Yeah, we'll be at 30fps on the Vita, but we will try some clever stuff :)

It's no 60fps like on PS3, but I'll be fine with that if they really make it a solid port with no framerate drops. He also said in another reply that it will be cheaper than the PS3 version (so under 15 bucks!)

I asked Just Add Water a question about how development is going and framerate on Stranger's Wrath, thinking they would most likely not even respond. Surprisingly, they did within like an hour. They said:

It's no 60fps like on PS3, but I'll be fine with that if they really make it a solid port with no framerate drops. He also said in another reply that it will be cheaper than the PS3 version (so under 15 bucks!)

$10 would be a solid price for a double dip for me =P

DiscoJer

So glad I've made this purchase. I can't wait for Gravity Rush, Dust and Persona 4. :D

Dust is going to be a "companion app", not a game, apparently.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/DUST-514-Expansion-Vita-Companion-App-Detailed-40790.html

The PS Vita companion app is due later this year. Currently dubbed DUST 514: Neocom, it allows you to socialize with other players or check skills, maps, or the market. CCP might add additional gameplay functions in time.

laika09

So I bought a Vita today and couldn't be happier. Like with my 3DS, I never bought the previous generation of haldhelds (DS, PSP), so there's a whole new library of games open to me. I've already bought Persona 3, Patapon 2 and Corpse Party.

Remote Play only works with a handful of PS3 games (lair lolol), but should work with all PSOne Classics and some downloadable PSN titles (Pixeljunk stuff). Oh, and there's lag. Lots of lag. RPGs and things that don't require precise timing will be playable, but unless you have an industrial grade router and live on a farm (or equivalent location with little wireless interference), it won't approach being a pleasant experience.

I don't think Sony's commented on trophies showing up on PS3 yet.

Quick

Banned
I was all aboard the Vita train up until release day when I didn't have any extra cash for it. But a couple of months later, I feel like I made the right choice by not buying it since there aren't many games that interest me at the moment.

I guess what I want to know is, how is everyone enjoying it now?

Alchemy

I was all aboard the Vita train up until release day when I didn't have any extra cash for it. But a couple of months later, I feel like I made the right choice by not buying it since there aren't many games that interest me at the moment.

I enjoyed the hell out of mine when I was playing through Lumines, Uncharted, Katamari, Blaz Blue, and Super Stardust. I haven't played with mine in a while but its allowed me to catch up on Xenoblades and Kid Icarus, but I have Disgaea 3 in the mail. Can't wait to dig into that.

My 3DS almost acts like a companion device to my Vita, because every time I go back to my Vita I'm amazed out how awesome the hardware is in comparison.

theBishop

Banned

The hardware's awesome, the firmware's awesome, the launch lineup is awesome. No PSP model ever felt ergonomically correct, while Vita is super comfortable.

The only thing that sucks is the release calendar. I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but I can't in good conscience tell you to buy one until after E3.

I wish the US Sony branch would speak up about what the hell is going on with minis/PSP compatibility. EU keeps getting all the ones I want to play and I'm trying to figure out a valid reason why there isn't any parity for something like this? I got a bunch of minis bubbles sitting on my PS3 and every week I check and get more disappointed. Just imagine if I didn't have a PS3. Sorry for the rant, but I'm just so disgusted with the ongoing incompetence and silence from Sony about this.

Shai-Tan

Banned

I don't regret buying it but I don't feel like I would be missing much by waiting until much later when the system has a bigger library. There's some good games but I feel like I already played Uncharted, Super Stardust, Katamari, Hots Shots Golf, Wipeout etc.. because I did. Better for people who didn't I guess and also never had a PSP. I'm starting to get into fighting games now just to have something new to play.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
To be fair, I never actually brought another game for my PS2 until Onimusha came out I think
And for PS3 it was Heavenly Sword
Games will come, just wait til E3

ReaperXL7

I wish the US Sony branch would speak up about what the hell is going on with minis/PSP compatibility. EU keeps getting all the ones I want to play and I'm trying to figure out a valid reason why there isn't any parity for something like this? I got a bunch of minis bubbles sitting on my PS3 and every week I check and get more disappointed. Just imagine if I didn't have a PS3. Sorry for the rant, but I'm just so disgusted with the ongoing incompetence and silence from Sony about this.

Yeah I can understand the frustration on this end to an extent. There are a bunch of games that were released on the PSP that I really want to play that are not even on the PS3/PSP store.

I want very much to get Star Ocean 1 and 2, but they are not on the store, I want to Phantasy Star Portable 2, but thats not there either. I wish Sony would have pushed harder to get all PSP games released in the US on the store.

KaYotiX

Banned
Play my VITA everyday, Disgea 3,the show 12, lumines, SSD and now MK and that doesn't even include the PSP RPGs I have in it :)

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Play my VITA everyday, Disgea 3,the show 12, lumines, SSD and now MK and that doesn't even include the PSP RPGs I have in it :)

I just bought MK, which was excellent, but I can't get rid of my Gods Eater Burst addiction. Couldn't get into MH, but I am really into this for some reason.

ReaperXL7

Seriously if anyone is interested an a sort of Final Fantasy/Powerstone hybird RPG fighter that looks damn good on Vita, I highly recommend Dissidia 012, a light world map, tons of characters to play as, lots of content, and i'm actually really impressed with how good it looks. Most of the 3d psp games i've gotten really don't look that great on the Vita, but Dissidia is an exception imo.

I really don't like Laguna though, he's not really bad, but he's made me realize that i'm not very good with ranged characters in this, I seem to do much better with close combat characters.

theBishop

Banned

I was hesitant to pay full price for Lumines, but it's taken so many hours from my life. Just the stopwatch mode is killing me.

Grinchy

Banned
I was hesitant to pay full price for Lumines, but it's taken so many hours from my life. Just the stopwatch mode is killing me.

Yeah I only got Lumines because of a B2G1 deal, but I have put quite a bit of time into it. Beating voyage mode was very satisfying. I haven't really gotten much into stopwatch mode yet for some reason.

I mostly play lumines while I ride an exercise bike though. I forget what I'm doing until I'm like an hour and 10 minutes into voyage and I realize I'm drenched in sweat haha.

Koroviev

This is how I am with SSD. Can't decide what to play, so I end up playing round after round of endless. Need to beat 9 million now ^^;

I do want to pick up Lumines at some point, but 40 seems pretty steep when SSD can scratch the high-score itch for a fraction of the price.

DiscoJer

I want very much to get Star Ocean 1 and 2, but they are not on the store, I want to Phantasy Star Portable 2, but thats not there either. I wish Sony would have pushed harder to get all PSP games released in the US on the store.

The puzzling thing is that PS:p2 was on the store, but Sega (or Sony) took it down for some reason.

Still hurt that we NEVER got Valkyrie Profile Lenneth on either PSP PSN or VITA (>___<)

Also, I gave up on trying to play Lunar SSSH ....it's just so ....boring =(

Now I'm giving Ys II proper love. Really hate how they move the run/walk both to the analog now (you just had to press a button for Ys I).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom