• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has a new peak, 2,016,498 CCU

Stygr

Banned
After the 15 millions sales a couple of days ago, PUBG reached over 2 million CCU on Steam.
pfyQXqi.png

Ever

Banned
Terrible optimization

Terrible format

Terrible knockoffs (looking at you Fortnite)

Everyone trying to cash in on a fad

Hopefully this dies soon so we can move onto actual games, thanks

Game isn't even fun, sad

Vipu

Banned
Terrible optimization

Terrible format

Game isn't even fun, sad

You must be new here.

Terrible optimization

Terrible format

Game isn't even fun, sad

Cant tell if sarcasm or not...

I agree tho

Terrible optimization

Terrible format

Game isn't even fun, sad

No one is asking you to play or even look at info surronding the gae.

You looking a bit too salty there.

Edit: Oh sarcasm

tuxfool

Banned
Terrible optimization

Terrible format

Game isn't even fun, sad

Good, now that this out of the way, nobody else has to whine about this stuff in this thread.

hughesta

Banned
Terrible optimization

Terrible format

Game isn't even fun, sad
lmao at people thinking this post is serious

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I don't think I'll like it after playing Fortnite but I'm dying to try it when it hits Xbox.

It's a phenomenon for sure.

I'd love a Mode/Sever where all eliminated players/teamsare brought into a directed spectator mode for the rest of the match, with voice chat and easy muting.
(e.g.anyone muted by x% would be auto muted for all players)

It would be a commitment to play in a match and give the match more weight, less throwaway.

It would the volume of games you can play, so it should increase the point payout.

And add a Salty bet function to bet against you're fellow viewers.

I'm sure that wouldn't work for myriad reasons, but a fun idea.

Gears of War 1 was like this and it was so hype back in the day.

Looking forward to trying it out on the Xbox One X. I want to try this with my own hands and I can't be arsed to upgrade my PC atm.

Haines

Banned
I'm sick so I finally watched summit1g play this all yesterday.

I'm going to be honest. The game looks kind of dumb. You spend so much time looting. Die. Repeat.

I can see the thrill people get from it but the game itself looks.like it could be improved so much.

Daffy Duck

I'm sick so I finally watched summit1g play this all yesterday.

I'm going to be honest. The game looks kind of dumb. You spend so much time looting. Die. Repeat.

I can see the thrill people get from it but the game itself looks.like it could be improved so much.

Dumb is not a word I would ever associate with this, but whatever.

Instro

I don't play the game, but I'm curious, what keeps the ccu so high? I mean obviously tons of people are buying and playing, but do matches tend to be quite long or something?

Nah

Other games get a thread when they reach milestones, so a game that keeps reaching new milestones deserves a thread for each accomplishment.

Next milestones should be:

Concurrent players: 2.5 million, 3 million.

Sales: 20 million.

Personally I'm getting a little bit burnt out after 190 hours. Luckily I have Fortnite to mix things up a bit.

I don't play the game, but I'm curious, what keeps the ccu so high? I mean obviously tons of people are buying and playing, but do matches tend to be quite long or something?

Matches can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes depending on how long you survive. What keeps people coming back is that "just one more game" mentality. You can be having an awesome game. You get into the top 5. You get so close to winning.... but maybe you make a stupid mistake and die. You think "next game, I won't make that mistake" and you try again. And again. And again and again and againasfaskdfjalksblblblblblblblblb.

Daffy Duck

I believe (from what I've read) there was a sizeable army of bot players just farming battle points (in game currency) to purchase loot boxes, to get points to open crates and then sell the items on the steam market place.

Majine

Banned

It's either...

"I / We placed [PLACEMENT HERE] last match, we can do better!"

or

"I / We had a chicken dinner! Come on, I / we can't stop now!"

Faithless Mr.

Neo Member
If GOTY was based on impact alone, this will would win without a doubt.

But good thing it has more things going for itself than just impact alone.

I can't see a game more deserting of the GOTY crown. Shame that other publications won't even consider it since it's still in early access, which I think makes all its accomplishments more impressive.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Depends on how fast you die. Its usually under 35 for a win.

Terrible optimization

Terrible format

Game isn't even fun, sad

Lmao its crazy you can find people like that. First 1 is true, though.

ChazGW7

People just love to dismiss this games accomplishments just because they don't like it.

"omg another pubg thread omggggggggg"

Shame that other publications won't even consider it since it's still in early access, which I think makes all its accomplishments more impressive.

Shouldn't be an issue if the game leaves early access before 2018, as they have planned.

Top Bottom