• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

Anyone notice the Cloverfield reference in MW2:

At Whiskey Hotel, they voice over announcement from the comms repeatedly states that the Hammer Down is in effect, hence why you have to pop green smoke on the roof.

Kibbles

Watching the MP stream, the dude just picked up 4 care packages next to each other a minute into the game. He got a Predator missile, a gunner helicopter, a sentry gun, and something else that I missed. Damn.

And now he stops mid-game to look at pics kids sent to him. What the hell...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH

+100 +100 +100 +20 +100 +150 +200

BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH

+100 +20 +40 +100 +100 +100 +100

BUDUH

+100

BUDUH

+100

At least if someone summons a tactical nuke you don't have to deal with your whole team dying and respawning and dying again five times to one helicopter.

The sad thing is that review will praise it for having such a variety of kill streaks, instead of showing how unbalanced the kill streaks could possibly be.

It at least shouldn't outline the guys, even the ones that were hidden inside the building.

Accident

You can't be in party chat while playing some playlists:

gamechat.jpg

venom2124

What is the problem with user controlled kill streaks? There are perks that keep you from being outlined on the user's screen and there are weapons designed to take out aircraft. If you or your team neglects to use an AT4 or Jav loadout, it's not IW's problem. The counter measures are there, people just have to use them.

Kibbles said:
What the fuck? How can they control that? Wow.... just wow.

yeah, this looks REALLLLLY annoying. What if i want to talk to other players who aren't playing MW2? c'mon IW i know people complained about SnD but wtf is wrong with you guys!?

Rickard

I really want to know what all the "Pro" variants of perks are and how to unlcok them.

Where should I look for that information?

Mileena

Banned
Accident said:
You can't be in party chat while playing some playlists:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3V0H8wcf5MA/SuxlRl1spPI/AAAAAAAAAQM/fJHjPCrNf6E/s1600/gamechat.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Thank god for the mute option.

Kibbles

I hope it's just for SnD. Even so, what if I want to talk with friends that are not playing MW2? IW is taking away a feature from MS :lol

J-Rzez

eternaLightness said:
Really don't like that. I can already see a lot of people going back to CoD4 after playing this for a few months at least.

It's going to be SOCOM 3/CA all over again. There's "out of control" in a good way, then there's this. Really losing hope for this game. They're seemingly taking it in the direction I didn't want it to go. I'd rather the old CPU controlled Heli as it had a quasi-cooldown before moving onto a new target. This one the guy just holds down the trigger and doesn't stop. As it's going, I can see myself playing it not nearly as serious as I did in the past, and just using it to hold me over until a better game comes along.

Kibbles said:
What the fuck? How can they control that? Wow.... just wow.

One of the few, if only, smart things done by IW so it doesn't hurt certain game modes.

Mikey Jr.

Is anyone else getting a little depressed in MW2's MP?

COD4 was perfect in my opinion. Arcadey but based in realism. Now you have nukes, various types of helicopters, portable spawn points, gunner seats, throwing knives, EMP, random killstreaks falling from the sky, sentry turrets, your radar being affected, missles falling down from the sky.

Seems like it's less about your gun and your skill, and now it's about how much explosions and random shit you can do it 8 seconds.

I am not pumped for the MP at all. It seems like there are too many random variables but not in a good way. COD4 was the limit, and IW decided that they needed to surpass that limit for the sequel which is wrong in my opinion.

Granted I haven't played yet, but those videos do nothing for me especially the gunner seat helicopter one. Pisses me off watching it. When I am trying to play, and someone can see a red square around me and blast me to hell rather easily. And my only defense is to carry around an RPG even though I hate them.

I HOPE there is a playlist that reduces all that stuff like they were originally going to do in COD4.

I'll give it a shot, but there is always Bad Company 2 on the horizon, so that will atleast bring me some comfort.

Mileena

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
Seems like it's less about your gun and your skill, and now it's about how much explosions and random shit you can do it 8 seconds.
100% this.

I really hope a traditional mode gets added somewhere down the line where there's no perks and killstreak rewards. JUST GUNZ PLZ.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Is there anyone else besides me who is just hyped for the SP mode and who never even plays that much MP?
Me. PSN doesn't play well at all with my internet connection at school and I've never been big into MP anyway. I always enjoy the CoD campaigns though.

nib95

Banned
EviLore said:
BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH

+100 +100 +100 +20 +100 +150 +200

BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH BUDUH

+100 +20 +40 +100 +100 +100 +100

BUDUH

+100

BUDUH

+100

At least if someone summons a tactical nuke you don't have to deal with your whole team dying and respawning and dying again five times to one helicopter.

Indeed. The helicopter control inclusion seems detrimental to gameplay imo. In-fact, the more I see of this game, the more concerned I get. First SP level vid I saw looked more like Serious Sam than COD, then the second that was unnecessarily violent and "shocking". The MP doens't really look that different, but where it does, it looks...cheaper. Hmm...I hope my concerns are short lived and the game is actually awesome. They have the cheek to charge more than everyone else, so it better damn well be nothing but the best.

RoboPlato said:
Me. PSN doesn't play well at all with my internet connection at school and I've never been big into MP anyway. I always enjoy the CoD campaigns though.

Yeah, even though I've seen the campaign twice lol It just makes me want to play it more and more. I am looking forward to the Spec Ops stuff though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Kibbles said:
Watching the MP stream, the dude just picked up 4 care packages next to each other a minute into the game. He got a Predator missile, a gunner helicopter, a sentry gun, and something else that I missed. Damn.

And now he stops mid-game to look at pics kids sent to him. What the hell...

Ugh. I atleast hope you can't get the nuke from that, but after seeing this stuff, I wouldn't doubt it.

nib95 said:
Indeed. The helicopter control inclusion seems detrimental to gameplay imo. In-fact, the more I see of this game, the more concerned I get. First SP level vid I saw looked more like Serious Sam than COD, then the second that was unnecessarily violent and "shocking".

I can say from viewing the entire campaign, it's amazing. Everything clicks together really well.

nib95

Banned
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I can say from viewing the entire campaign, it's amazing. Everything clicks together really well.

Is it more frantic and kill crazy, or are there plenty of quieter and/or narrative driven moments such as the sniper level from the first?

Mikey Jr. said:
Is anyone else getting a little depressed in MW2's MP?
This guy!!
I seem to be less excited about the mp with every video I've seen.
I played COD4 pretty slow paced. Wasn't a camper but I also wouldn't run into the front lines standing up. Each video I've seen of MW2 seems like mayhem and it looks like I would have to completely change my play style.
As a huge fan of BF1943 on 360 I may be looking more forward to Bad Company 2 even though I wasn't a fan of the original.

FortMajor

Banned
Kibbles said:
Woah you control the helicopters now? At least this one - http://www.justin.tv/clip/51466a0a7678d0bb

That is dissappointing to watch. First off the time he controlled the gun in the chopper is way too long. Second, they shoulda put an "overheat" handicap on that thing. Just holding the trigger down and moving to the next red square is kinda cheap.

I think the operator should ping on the radar making him easier to find and kill in order to stop that kill streak if its gonna be so long.

I fear cold bolded will become one of those "mandatory" perks you have on all your classes for fear of being blasted to shit by random things in the sky.

ZeroRay

Damn, the MP looks like it's completely broken by the various killstreak rewards, especially the care package which can give a player a higher killstreak reward than what he had to do get the package in the first place (4 kills).

Rickard

You know, I can't help but feel that the only thing that breaks the game is the random killstreaks given by the care-package.

Other than that it seems pretty fair.

Like, in order for a person to get a nuke or helicopter they need to pick those for their killstreak, so they need to sacrifice a low killstreak they will probably get for a higher killstreak they might get. That's fair.

Getting an EMP at 4 kills is bullshit, even if the other team can steal it.

Kibbles

Damn the new ACOG is sweet. Didn't the old one increase range, but lower accuracy? This one just increases range, doesn't lower anything else.

[edit] Apparently the streamer just got killed by a care package that was dropped on him. :lol Awesome.

Top Bottom