• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

I'll just hand out my Italian code for anyone interested since it's incompatible with U.S. copies.

E536U8RYUCMK334W

If anyone has a U.S. code left to spare, I'd be incredibly grateful. I have no other way of getting one as I'm currently studying abroad.

Chase17

Going to hope I can get my bro to stop at GameStop for me this weekend. My campus is nowhere near a GameStop and I have no car.

Ricitor

I'll just hand out my Italian code for anyone interested since it's incompatible with U.S. copies.

E536U8RYUCMK334W

If anyone has a U.S. code left to spare, I'd be incredibly grateful. I have no other way of getting one as I'm currently studying abroad.

You have my heartfelt thanks! Just grabbed the code.
I will still have my family over in Italy attempt to get a code or two and I will share it here if they get.

Caayn

Got my Mew on Tuesday and I have to say it's pretty lame how we UK just get the code printed on a receipt, whereas the US get that cool fancy card. :(
Be glad that they at least have codes. The (only) participating store in my city was out of codes on the second day >.>

steadfast

Almost forgot about this. So I just go to my Gamestop and ask the clerk for a Mew Code?

Yes.

Are there any other people abroad with a NA 3ds that don't have access to a Gamestop? I'll be stopping by more Gamestops this weekend and will try to get more codes.

Macka

Are there any other people abroad with a NA 3ds that don't have access to a Gamestop? I'll be stopping by more Gamestops this weekend and will try to get more codes.
Me :( I'm an Aussie living in the UK with an American 3DS. The region lock is the bane of my existence.

Yes.

Yes, me for an example. Would be grateful if you managed to get a code, but no problem if you can't.

Big props to DR2K, I got my Mew!

Back in the day, I had a Game Genie Mew on my Red file, but missed every opportunity since then to ever get one that I could actually hang on to and transfer from game to game. Been waiting for my chance nearly a decade. This is so awesome!

Thanks again DR2K!

I have two spare US codes. PM me and I'll try to get back to you with them in a few hours.

Edit: They've been claimed. If I manage to get anymore I'll let y'all know.

You have my heartfelt thanks! Just grabbed the code.
I will still have my family over in Italy attempt to get a code or two and I will share it here if they get.

No problem! I'm glad to hear my visit didn't go to waste. Since I'll be in Rome for the next few months, I may make a few visits to grab the different codes for anyone that needs them.

Yes.

If you have any extra, could you send one my way?

Ragnaros

Banned
I have two spare US codes. PM me and I'll try to get back to you with them in a few hours.

Edit: They've been claimed. If I manage to get anymore I'll let y'all know.

Big thank you GiantBreadbug
3AQmK.gif

Galdius

Yes.

I would really like one since those codes aren't distributed here in Brazil.

Madao

Yes.

i'm in that unfortunate boat. just 1 code will be good to me if it's possible.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Yes.

Another Brazilian here, sadly we don't have these codes. I would like one US code, if possible. Thanks in advance for your kindness.

They can't have given many of these out in Australia. Hit up another EB store for a friend today (one that usually happily gives multiples) and they ran out last night.

Hegarol

They can't have given many of these out in Australia. Hit up another EB store for a friend today (one that usually happily gives multiples) and they ran out last night.
I am soo glad we are past that in Germany. Every Gamestop gets 100-200 codes at first and can always order me. We never ran out of codes with Hoopa so I hope it will be the same with Mew.

If anyone can pass down a NA code to a dude who really can't afford the extravagant Toronto bus fare to get the code that would be greatly appreciated.

JoeM86

I still don't understand why places get code cards and don't run a system like GAME here does. They print it on receipts and so they can never run out

Tesseract

Banned
Has Nintendo ever played with the idea of hiding different Pokemon in different areas of the world, kind of like geocaching

KarasuEXE

I would really like one since those codes aren't distributed here in Brazil.

No Brazil distribution this time?

My game is NA, so if anybody would be kind enough to help I'd appreciate it.

Can't wait for this to come to Brazil!!!!
LOL

Hey, brazilian here. :(
I would love one code too.

Thank you so much!

Another Brazilian here, sadly we don't have these codes. I would like one US code, if possible. Thanks in advance for your kindness.

For all the brazilians needing a code, I ask you this question:

Para os brasileiros querendo o Mew desse evento da Nintendo: se importariam se
talvez
fosse um clonado? 👀

Would you mind if it was a
maybe
cloned Mew?

theexxs

Neo Member
It really sucks being left out of events like these. We have no choice but to wait for some kind people to share codes with us.

And to the poster above me, whats the difference between a cloned Pokemon? It's there a way to identify a cloned Pokemon?

KarasuEXE

And to the poster above me, whats the difference between a cloned Pokemon? It's there a way to identify a cloned Pokemon?

Cloned Pokémon are exact copies of the original. From Bulbapedia:

The cloning glitch in Generation VI works [...] by breaking off a trade between two nearby Nintendo 3DS systems connected via infrared connection. Depending on the timing, the first Pokémon may be cloned, the trade may complete, or the Pokémon will be erased. However, the chance of a Pokémon being erased is small and this method is not known to pose any harm to the player's save data.

Hegarol

Cloned Pokémon are exact copies of the original. From Bulbapedia:

The cloning glitch in Generation VI works [...] by breaking off a trade between two nearby Nintendo 3DS systems connected via infrared connection. Depending on the timing, the first Pokémon may be cloned, the trade may complete, or the Pokémon will be erased. However, the chance of a Pokémon being erased is small and this method is not known to pose any harm to the player's save data.
Which means technically you end up with two clones and not one clone and one original. ;)

theexxs

Neo Member
Which means technically you end up with two clones and not one clone and one original. ;)
But my question is, have these "cloned" Pokemon been identified as such un official competitions, or there's no way to identify them as clones?

Hegarol

But my question is, have these "cloned" Pokemon been identified as such un official competitions, or there's no way to identify them as clones?
Since the pokemon is not altered in the cloning process, the only way to identify a clone is to know that there is another exact copy.

BlakeofT

Quote me if you need a US code.

Not at home so I'll PM you when I get there.

Edit: I only have two extras and they've been claimed.

Poppincaps

Neo Member
Pretty excited about this. I have all the Pokemon completely legitly except for the event Pokemon which I Pokegenned a while ago. It's nice that I'll be able to get them all legitly.

Top Bottom