• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great Game or Greatest Game Ever? (Game Informer Exclusive - TIM SCHAFER's new game!)

Borys

Banned
Needs own, new thread.

brutal-legend-gi-cover.jpg

In case image gets photobucket'd:
http://xs320.xs.to/xs320/07415/brutal-legend-gi-cover.jpg

I said HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Jack Black !!!
Tim Schafer !!!
Guitar Hero Inspired (?) !!!

HOLY CRAP!

Bebpo

Banned
I remember this rumor for a few months back.

VERY glad its true.
mainly because it's a new TS Doublefine game, don't care about the rest :p

Borys

Banned
Router said:
Thanks Borys!

I was still looking to see if there was a new thread so I just stuck the cover in that old one.

No probs, I even hosted the image on my photobucket account :)

Borys

Banned
To the kind(?) mod that locked the other thread: could you plese insert "TIM SCHAFER" somewhere in my thread's title?

Tim Schafer works like a magnet.

Thanks.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hemmdog said:
This is not in the next issue of Game Informer. The new GI has something new...but its from another much -loved developer.

andy

You were definetly right about much-loved developer :D

Linkzg said:
adventure game? if so, it has a chance for the second option.
Adventure game in modern context.

PS. Can someone please confirm platform, in the other thread someone said it looked like a Wii game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Loudninja said:
Never heard of Tim Schafer ,or this game
Holy shit you have missed out.

Psychonauts, Secret of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango. Hell, all the games he has made have been great. Go play these now

R0nn

Loudninja said:
Never heard of Tim Schafer ,or this game

Poor soul. Return to the light while you still can by playing the awesomeness that is Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and Psychonauts! You might still be saved.

Loudninja

grandjedi6 said:
Holy shit you have missed out.

Psychonauts, Secret of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle. Go play these now

Ok,I heard of these games,thanks.:D

Poor soul. Return to the light while you still can by playing the awesomeness that is Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango and Psychonauts! You might still be saved.

I mena I know this agmes, but I did not know he was the mind behind them.I am late on alot of games,I just got God Hand

this isnt Full Throttle vibe at all!

Ben was a cool badass, this seems more like there will be a lot of yelling and rock and such, not the same at all!

Tieno

Say what you want about Jack Black, I like the guy and he's a good front for a Tim Schafer game and will get some cool publicity from it.

If it's Guitar Hero inspired, will it use the Guitar Hero controller?

R0nn

Co-developed with Harmonix for the creation of a Guitar Hero adventuregame! You heard it here first!

Station42

niiice...this defenetely has some potential, looking forward to finally see a good rock'n roll adventure!

"...Its been a long time since I rock and rolled,
Its been a long time since I did the stroll.
Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back,
Let me get it back, baby, where I come from..."

Borys

Banned
Tieno said:
If it's Guitar Hero inspired, will it use the Guitar Hero controller?

Note the question mark in my first post. I don't know if it's GH inspired. It looks like and even the title is similiar to Guitar Legend.

If it is an adventure game then almost certainly a buy for me.
If it is a straight up music game like Guitar Hero then no thanks.

A rock inspired Psychonauts would be awesome. Then again, a knitting inspired Psychonauts would be amazing so i guess it doesn't really matter!!

Guys do you seriously believe there is market for a comedy based Guitar Hero music game? The comments were clearly about the style of the game's character design.

3 hours with only one page. To me this is like a microton suprise but once again GAF fails at taste.

Top Bottom