• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Street U update going out today, adds Miiverse support

Hobby

Update adds the following features:
- Can register places as favorites.
- Nine new recommended spots added.
- Miiverse support.

GJIAByq.jpg

- Take pictures of places and post them to Miiverse, can view others' contributions, as well.
- Can tag your pictures with your thoughts. The tags include "normal", "awesome", "beautiful", "unusual", and "scary". Can also view pictures based on a certain tag.
- Can now "spoiler" your images as well, which covers up the image with a question mark.

X21Y1Ih.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/whxj/index.html

zroid

Banned
it was really dumb that you couldn't post screenshots before; glad it's been added, should be fun!

- Can now "spoiler" your images as well, which covers up the image with a question mark.

BAM! I was literally just asking for this feature a couple days ago, haha. Nice!

sakipon

What happened with the thought of kids posting pics of their home street?

Great to see them do this though, now the app has some value.

- Can tag your pictures with your thoughts. The tags include "normal", "awesome", "beautiful", "unusual", and "scary". Can also view pictures based on a certain tag.

Just in case you want to show your friends how remarkably mundane this one place you found is?

GrizzNKev

Banned
Are there nekkid people out there? I've seen statues (with their faces blurred yet everything else left bare) but missed anything more.

I misinterpreted "- Take pictures of places and post them to Miiverse, can view others' contributions, as well." as actually being allowed to upload your own images. I guess you're just taking screenshots of the video. Lame!

I misinterpreted "- Take pictures of places and post them to Miiverse, can view others' contributions, as well." as actually being allowed to upload your own images. I guess you're just taking screenshots of the video. Lame!

It's not Panorama View (the 360 Video App), it's Google street View app.

Favorites and Miiverse support are amazing for this. I love to walk through Hong Kong atm. Just such a surreal place from an architecture viewpoint. Also the diving tours in the corall reefs are truly stunning.

One of the best uses of the WiiU Gamepad so far.

Sendou

Nice. They have outlined before that they will continue to support this software with updates so expect more of this I guess.

Jackano

Ok so let's Miiverse those Google maps locations such as dead deers on the road and other reported strange spots!

Hip Hop

They should work on stability first. The framerate (if I can call it that) is horrendous. Try a bigger city like LA, it lags so much.

JoeM86

I was fiddling around on it yesterday, finding cool shots and thinking "I wish I could share this".

Job done :) Can't wait for it to go live here

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Next update should add communities to this app. Sharing your location favorites with friends = win.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Good. If possible, everything on the Wii U should have Miiverse integration.

Shocked there are people out there who disagree. Miiverse is one of the greatest ideas Nintendo could have brought to the table this go-round. I guess I am not that shocked since this is NeoGAF after all, but c'mon guys. Miiverse is the best innovation on the Wii U (besides off-tv play).

Robin64

Japan has an extra Community that the software uses ("Wii Street U Posted Spots Community") which America and Europe lack, so I wouldn't expect this update to be worldwide today.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Now this is actually pretty cool and makes it quite interesting given how Miiverse is shaping up.

sakipon

Japan has an extra Community that the software uses ("Wii Street U Posted Spots Community") which America and Europe lack, so I wouldn't expect this update to be worldwide today.

Now the community is there, but it seems to be broken for Europe. Tagged posts won't appear in the special community but the main one, therefore you can't view them in Wii Street U like you're supposed to.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073007002252/14866558073029804389

edited: seems they fixed it... I hope they are able to move the posts done earlier.

edited again: nope. Still not 100% working. It's a goddamn mess.

Pablod84

Neo Member
Yep, the update is now live in Europe but someone done goofed. The app is reading from the correct sub-community, but not posting to the right one. Woops.

Edit: Looks like it's just been fixed! Go go go!

Robin64

From what I gather, there have been two updates. A bugged one and a fixed one. The first update was posting incorrectly to the normal community but the app was reading from a different one. Now someone on Miiverse posted about "another update", which I'm guessing fixes where the app posts because now I see posts in the correct community. Presumably the app is reading these correctly now.

Top Bottom