• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U High-Capacity GamePad battery pack now available in U.S.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Awesome. Can anyone tell me how much heavier the GamePad becomes? That big of a difference?

I imported one from Japan and the weight isn't bad at all. I've never had a gaming session get interrupted by the gamepad battery being low anymore. Good investment.

Malyse

That's pretty expensive :(

I'd buy it if it were for the 3DS, but I literally play my Wii U in my room with everything plugged in.

HUELEN10

I don't have a need for such a thing (rarely game for 3+ hours), but it's about time it came out here! This, combined with that 3rd party USB cable, means there's now a good option for everyone.

Incidentally, how long before the GamePad dies in your experience GAF? 4 hours for me with WWHD on full brightness.

alf717

I was just looking for a battery not to long ago. Think I might wait it out a little more and see if retailer carry them. Shame the Nyko battery was a bomb.

terrisus

Awesome, definitely getting this (even though I had also gotten an extension for the gamepad charger so that I can have it plugged in and reach pretty much any place in the room, so charging isn't an issue)

javac

I get like 3 1/2 hours and I play with the brightness on lowest and full volume on headphones. I wouldn't mind it being longer but at that point I feel like I've played too long anyways lol. The battery indicator flashing red is a sign I need a break lol :p

I get like 3 1/2 hours and I play with the brightness on lowest and full volume on headphones. I wouldn't mind it being longer but at that point I feel like I've played too long anyways lol. The battery indicator flashing red is a sign I need a break lol :p

I get 4 hours with brightness 3/5 and sound on. Did you disable Energy Saving?

prag16

Banned
The battery life has never been an issue for me personally. With medium headset volume and lowest brightness I've made it just about 5 hours usually. And I very rarely play for that long at a clip.

That said, this extended battery should have been the stock battery from the get go.

fernoca

No problems with the (regular) battery. Usually play mine with it connected to the outlet.
Was planning on buying one of this batteries anyway...but not for $32+. :p

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I feel fortunate to have gotten a replacement fixed Nyko battery before Nyko canceled the entire thing.

If anyone here replaces theirs with the official Nintendo battery, get ready to laugh your ass off at how tiny the stock battery in the gamepad is.

catabarez

I feel fortunate to have gotten a replacement fixed Nyko battery before Nyko canceled the entire thing.

If anyone here replaces theirs with the official Nintendo battery, get ready to laugh your ass off at how tiny the stock battery in the gamepad is.

They stopped making them?

ozfunghi

I get 5 hours with brightness set to low, rumble disabled, power saving enabled and sound through earphones playing off-tv.

Hope Nintendo eventually sells it at retail (doubtful) so the price can go down. It's a nice convenience but over $30 for going from 3-5 hours to 5-8 hours isn't worth it. I'll eventually get it but probably in 2015.

Top Bottom