• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft working on another big Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnham

Banned
http://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/special/interview/vol11/vol11_3.html

So apparantly its mentioned in an interview with Honne Yasuyuki of the Kyoto Studio of Monolith. The Kyoto Studio was opened a year ago and now is recruiting for a new big project. 3D CG Effect Designers and Motion Designers are being recruited. Also they are recruiting a lot of staff for 3D Map modelling. People with HD experience are wanted.

Thanks to loycuter from ruliweb for this tidbit.

I feel like there was a thread of this, but the title was 'What is MonilithSoft Kyoto making' or something.

I'll say it,

Hopefully Baten KJaitos

Richie

If HD experience is required, it's not the 3DS game...
...and hopefully this means 'X' is going to be released sooner than expected.

Soriku

I feel like there was a thread of this, but the title was 'What is MonilithSoft Kyoto making' or something.

I'll say it,

Hopefully Baten KJaitos

Honestly if they make BK3 I'd hope it's for Wii U, though I'd eat it up all the same on 3DS.

Kinda hope they make a cool new IP. 3DS could use more RPGs. And it better be localized. X has already been given indications that it is, which is a start.

yeah I was hoping they don't work on 3DS at all and stick to Wii U

you are not going to get HD experience working on 3DS but Nintendo seems to want to find a way to merge both

Soriku

Why would they need HD staff for a 3ds game? Also their 3ds guys are based in tokyo i think

Yeah nintendo is going third party too i heard

Different studios in different cities

The 3DS team is based in Kyoto, where Honne is. Tokyo is where Takahashi is. Right now they're working on a 3DS game, and Tokyo is working on X for Wii U. Of course, if they're looking for people with HD experience, it means they'll probably make an HD game later. But right now they're definitely making something for the 3DS.

I do hope we see a higher output this time, only two Wii games on their own (Disastah and Xenoblade).

X seems to be coming out (maybe) earlier in the lifespan than Disaster, helps that a lot is being taken from Xenoblade.

I do hope we see something Xenosaga from them, I want a 3DS game at least, hell It'd jump for a remake of the trilogy scaled down for the 3DS, like the DS game, only in-house and maybe even in full 3D.

Would Namco attempt to bring back the series without Monolith? They own the IP, and they have put costumes in non-Nintendo platform games like Vesperia.

Maybe Nintendo should just buy it and Baten Kaitos? It'd be weird for the only developer who worked on it and created the series to not be involved with it and the owner passes it on to another dev, but it's happened before, maybe Monolith don't want to work on Xenosaga anymore?

Have they even commented on the IP as well as Baten Kaitos since the buyout?

And I wish we got Soma Bringer. :(

Soriku

I do hope we see a higher output this time, only two Wii games on their own (Disastah and Xenoblade).

X seems to be coming out (maybe) earlier in the lifespan than Disaster, helps that a lot is being taken from Xenoblade.

I do hope we see something Xenosaga from them, I want a 3DS game at least, hell It'd jump for a remake of the trilogy scaled down for the 3DS, like the DS game, only in-house and maybe even in full 3D.

Would Namco attempt to bring back the series without Monolith? They own the IP, and they have put costumes in non-Nintendo platform games like Vesperia.

Maybe Nintendo should just buy it and Baten Kaitos? It'd be weird for the only developer who worked on it and created the series to not be involved with it and the owner passes it on to another dev, but it's happened before, maybe Monolith don't want to work on Xenosaga anymore?

Have they even commented on the IP as well as Baten Kaitos since the buyout?

And I wish we got Soma Bringer. :(

Monolith said a couple years ago they were ready to work on a new Baten Kaitos game and were just waiting for a green light from Nintendo. Nothing came out of that :/ I do hope they make a new one...

Xenosaga is definitely dead though :( At least they're still making Xeno games even if they're not Xenosaga.

If they're asking for people with HD experience, it isn't 3DS.

They said they'd like people with HD experience, not that they're recruiting people with HD experience for an HD project right now, immediately.

3DS can pull off some effects from current gen consoles, so wanting people who have worked in that realm is no surprise

No the 3DS team in tokyo are the guys who made Project X Zone.

Are the X Zone folks doomed to make those kinds of games, as they obviously were behind the SRW DS games as well. How about something completely original? It was the main Tokyo team that did Soma Bringer right? Or was that the X Zone team? Takahashi worked on SB.

Monolith said a couple years ago they were ready to work on a new Baten Kaitos game and were just waiting for a green light from Nintendo. Nothing came out of that :/ I do hope they make a new one...

Xenosaga is definitely dead though :( At least they're still making Xeno games even if they're not Xenosaga.

Why Nintendo? o_O They don't own the IP, so says the Origins disc, unless they grabbed it along with Monolith and we just never knew? Namco's never referenced it like they did with Xenosaga, just maybe...?

Now in BK's case, Tri-Cresendo could take the torch as they did help if Namco owns it and they want them to, but still...

Anyone able to track down the trademark of BK to see who owns it right now?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Consider their first job was assisting on graphics for Animal Crossing 3DS it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted a person or two to help out on HD projects as well. It's incredibly unlikely that they're doing their own HD project.

How is there even 1%?

Maybe hoping Namco's insanity does us a favor for once. The series did get recognized in Project X Zone, which is pretty weird given how many years after the fact.

But really, Nintendo would never want them to work on a series that would interfere with the Xeno branding they've co-opted even if there was the smallest chance of Namco being interested again.

Daschysta

Needing applicants with HD experience would suggest a Wii-U game would it not? Who heads the team in Kyoto? Could it be something akin to Baten Kaitos?

Also, is it possible that Nintendo decided to direct them to make a Wii-U game instead of the 3DS game they originally intended due to the sluggish start (in terms of sales) for the Wii-U? Nintendo has announced a metric crap ton of software both in the future and mid-term for the Wii-U, way more than they did for the Wii. They do seem to be going into "panic mode" and it would make since to divert some resources from 3DS to Wii-U now that that system's future is on more stable footing than their home console currently is.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Baten Kaitos 3 would be a system seller for me. I will otherwise wait a good few years before getting a Wii U, but if there was a new BK I wouldn't be able to hold out. I would have to be there day 1.

farnham

Banned
The 3DS team is based in Kyoto, where Honne is. Tokyo is where Takahashi is. Right now they're working on a 3DS game, and Tokyo is working on X for Wii U. Of course, if they're looking for people with HD experience, it means they'll probably make an HD game later. But right now they're definitely making something for the 3DS.

Kyoto office opened a year ago and the handheld team was made ages ago (they already released project x zone which was announced before the kyoto office was made)

http://andriasang.com/comww5/monolith_kyoto/

Needing applicants with HD experience would suggest a Wii-U game would it not? Who heads the team in Kyoto? Could it be something akin to Baten Kaitos?

Also, is it possible that Nintendo decided to direct them to make a Wii-U game instead of the 3DS game they originally intended due to the sluggish start (in terms of sales) for the Wii-U? Nintendo has announced a metric crap ton of software both in the future and mid-term for the Wii-U, way more than they did for the Wii. They do seem to be going into "panic mode" and it would make since to divert some resources from 3DS to Wii-U now that that system's future is on more stable footing than their home console currently is.

Honne's leading Kyoto IIRC.

As said, I hope we see more Wii U games than just two, I hate seeing only 2 games a gen from one company (Retro's guilty of this too).

duckroll

They are not recruiting for a "big" project. There is nothing in the interview to suggest what sort of project they are working on specifically. They are simply continuing to recruit staff for the studio to grow it. Please don't make up shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom