• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Announces Promotion With Arms Manufacturer Northrop Grumman At NYCC

So are all the guns in marvel comics gonna be Northrop Grumman guns lol.

Like punisher is preparing to decimate a gang and he’s preparing, and a speech bubble shows punisher thinking “geeeez I’m glad I have this ak-47 bazooka/bear launcher manufactured by Northrop Grumman! Remember kids, ask your dad to buy you a Northrop grunnman, the best total killing machine!”

DeathyBoy

Banned

Like punisher is preparing to decimate a gang and he’s preparing, and a speech bubble shows punisher thinking “geeeez I’m glad I have this ak-47 bazooka/bear launcher manufactured by Northrop Grumman! Remember kids, ask your dad to buy you a Northrop grunnman, the best total killing machine!”

They'll have Jon B do some last minute ADR

tumblr_o7xftbKp6E1rcfpsvo6_250.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm not sure making actual Hammertech weapons is the best idea for a variety of reasons.

They're more of an Aerospace company than an "Arms Manufacturer". I'm not even sure if they make actual weapons systems, their business is mostly in aircraft, spacecraft, and radar.

They're more of an Aerospace company than an "Arms Manufacturer". I'm not even sure if they make actual weapons systems, their business is mostly in aircraft, spacecraft, and radar.

Exactly what I mentioned earlier. They probably do make some arms, but the majority is aerospace projects.

Sephzilla

Not only does this look bad optically in wake of Vegas and delaying Punisher, but the moral of the movie that launched the entire MCU is against this.

What the flying fuck...
Congrats on your timing Marvel, and fuck you.

Now, DC, the ball is in your court. Time to partner up with Dead Parents Inc. It would make about as much sense.

This. They have a large presence in my city and they work very closely with the Air Force on their engineering projects.

However, it's still in bad taste to announce something so... off. I'm curious to see what this could bring, but I'm not too thrilled about it.

Dre3001

Northrop is an aerospace company over anything. They design and manufacture jets and fighter planes, not exactly guns as far as I know.

I have a few friends and a family member who works with them. Almost everything they manufacture is aerospace related.

Kevinroc

People tend not to make those kinds of distinctions (as we see in this thread). These are bad optics.

Gerry Conway (co-creator of The Punisher) expressed disapproval of this move.

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/status/916371266424246272

Marvel cancelled the Punisher panel because they thought it would be insensitive after Las Vegas, but this? This isn't insensitive?

Northrop is an aerospace arms manufacturer. They make jets and fighter planes more than anything, not guns.

Oh, thank god they just make bombers and fighter planes. It's much more palatable for a company that makes books and movies for children to partner with merchants of wide scale, impersonal death.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
People tend not to make those kinds of distinctions (as we see in this thread). These are bad optics.

Gerry Conway (co-creator of The Punisher) expressed disapproval of this move.

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/status/916371266424246272

Man, people are dumb. Some people here think they make guns too. The Vegas comparisons with The Punisher of all things has nothing to do with a company that mostly focuses on aircraft, space, and computer systems.

SoulUnison

Banned
The property that launched them into their modern popularity (Iron Man) has a heavy "don't be or consort with arms dealers" moral.

This is... Whoo.

Apharmd

I mean, they make military aircraft. Iron Man had a significant amount of Tony's character development hinge on him realizing that selling military hardware indiscriminately causes pain and suffering.

Youre right, no guns, but they still make bombers and fighter jets. That’s still a really weird partnership for marvel.

Man, people are dumb. Some people here think they make guns too. The Vegas comparisons with The Punisher of all things has nothing to do with a company that mostly focuses on aircraft, space, and computer systems.

Aircraft, space and computer systems used to bomb elementary schools and wedding ceremonies.

wait... what!?

i guess they were more worried about the perception of insensitivity than actually being insensitive.

This is 100% accurate. These companies care less about preventing evil and more about the financial fallout of doing evil.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what Northrop Grumman makes.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people in this thread don't know what Northrop Grumman makes and are only going on the 'Arms Manufacturer' part of the title.

kswiston

Youre right, no guns, but they still make bombers and fighter jets. That’s still a really weird partnership for marvel.

Rich Johnston is a master of the clickbait.

While there is a discussion to be had here regarding the ethics in partnering comic characters with companies that make military aircraft, I have no doubt that the reactions in this thread would be much different if Marvel was announcing a partnership with Boeing or Airbus. Both make military aircraft as well, but people primarily know then from their passenger jets.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people in this thread don't know what Northrop Grumman makes and are only going on the 'Arms Manufacturer' part of the title.

So Northrop Grunmman heli carriers.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Aircraft, space and computer systems used to bomb elementary schools and wedding ceremonies.

I'm going to need receipts on that one. According to public information they only made two drones that weren't ever in use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_B-21_Raider

Imagine I posted a thinking emoji the size of the sun underneath this.

You think they are using the B-21's to bomb schools and weddings in the middle east? lmao.

Jackpot

Banned

When Northrop Grumman decided to run an advert during the Super Bowl (why the fuck is an arms company advertising in a football game, America?) they stuck a stealth bomber in it. That's what they chose to represent their company. They makes things to kill people with. It's their raison d'etre.

GreekWolf

This is 100% accurate. These companies care less about preventing evil and more about the financial fallout of doing evil.

Do you also flip off and spit on U.S. soldiers too? I mean, have we returned full circle to the 1960's?

I admit I did comment before I actually did research, but I addressed that a few posts above.

And yea, they still make bombers, pretty sure those are used to bomb stuff. I’ll have to do more research on that too I guess.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Northrup Grumman makes software that drives aircraft. They're an aeronautic/aerospace company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman

They do a bit more than that. Reading through it unless the use of manufacturing is a misnomer.

Yeah they seem to delve heavily in aerospace, which is fine if it wasn't for their production of various types of bombers,

Top Bottom