• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X: Odekake Moshasu de Battle hitting 3DS eShop on 12/12 (600 yen)

Hobby

This is a card battle game. Use the 3DS's camera to take pictures of people's faces (such as yours or your friends') and generate monster cards from them. Battle with monsters that appear in Dragon Quest X using these cards. Clear stages to earn "lucky tickets" which can change into various "prize items" in Dragon Quest X. Contains over 300 monsters.

3O3yN.jpg

2Hjq4.jpg

NsYzi.jpg

http://www.dqx.jp/news/?newsNum=2012_062

Hobby

oh god the comments on hachima, hahaha

15 名前:はちまき名無しさん 投稿日:2012年12月05日 10:50▽このコメントに返信

豚がそのモンスターみたいな顔を写してモンスターを生み出すのかw熱いなw

Only just realised that this gives reward items for my character in the full-Dragon Quest X.
Can't. Contain. Excitement.
Can't. Put. Down. 3DS.

watershed

Banned
That's kind of neat. Does that make 2 3ds apps that connect with DQX now? I seem to remember there was another one where you could look at your player data or something? Its interesting to see this kind of cross platform integration.

Weird. My UK 3DS streetpassed my Japanese 3DS today and provided an English name for the title (normally it's just the Japanese title)..

It was called: Dragon Quest: Morph de Battle.

Does this confirm an EU release of the title?
What do you think GAF?

serplux

Weird. My UK 3DS streetpassed my Japanese 3DS today and provided an English name for the title (normally it's just the Japanese title)..

What do you think GAF?

Wouldn't that indirectly confirm Dragon Quest X is coming to Europe? And if that's coming out in Europe, it must be coming out in the US. But...I'm not too sure.

Well, I'm not sure.
They could strip the DQX stuff, and notice that the game hasn't got 'Dragon Quest X' in the title - whereas it did in Japan..

EDIT: Beaten to it.
EDIT2:

SHIT! I was wrong! It's called 'DRAGON QUEST X: Morph de Battle'! DQX confirmed?!

8531189470_8156be3774.jpg

MrT-Tar

What do you think GAF?

Great work

I've always claimed that the DQ series has a future in the West, although I was expecting the more major games rather than this.

I imagine with the greater focus and attention the eshop has now than DSiWare ever had, it makes at least as much sense that the localisation of DQ Wars did.

Soriku

What do you think GAF?

Is this how localizations are discovered these days? lol

serplux

Great work

I've always claimed that the DQ series has a future in the West, although I was expected the more major games rather than this.

I imagine with greater focus and attention the eshop has than DSiWare ever had, it makes at least as much sense that the localisation of DQ Wars did.

Maybe Nintendo can buy Dragon Quest from them whenever Squeenix croaks. :p Fits in with Nintendo's style well.

Well, I'm not sure.
They could strip the DQX stuff, and notice that the game hasn't got 'Dragon Quest X' in the title - whereas it did in Japan..

EDIT: Beaten to it.
EDIT2:

SHIT! I was wrong! It's called 'DRAGON QUEST X: Morph de Battle'! DQX confirmed?!

8531189470_8156be3774.jpg

That would be really cool. Now we just need to see who's publishing it. (Please Square Enix, promote one of your own titles without Nintendo's help for once).

Boerseun

Banned
Now this thing sounds like marketing done right.

I can't wait for Dragon Quest 10 to hit PAL land. Hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

KiTA

Wow.

Just how common is it for Japanese games to get a localized name like that? Is this seriously a hint that we might be seeing DQX?

Top Bottom