• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps4 was nearly double Xbox One sales in Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcfrank

geoffkeighley: per @LuckyLongworth: PS4 was #1 in sales for next gen consoles in January, nearly doubling the nearest next gen competitor.

Edit: Microsoft PR

The release of January NPD Group data today provides a chance to reflect on the success of Xbox One. We are incredibly humbled and proud to see Xbox One continue to be the best launch of an Xbox in our history. Comparatively, Xbox One consoles have sold at a rate of 2.29 times faster than Xbox 360 in the U.S. in the same timeframe for the first three months on the market. From our blazing start out of the gate, we have continued to see Xbox One delight fans in 13 markets around the world, with many more markets to come this year.

More importantly, it is gratifying for our team to see Xbox continue to prove it’s the best place to play games. January NPD Group figures released today revealed Xbox* sold the most games across all console platforms in January with 2.27 million units sold, making up 47 percent of software market share. Fans continue to show their excitement for new generation Xbox One games, with U.S. consumers purchasing an average of 2.7 games per console since launch. This amazing success is due in large part to our unrivaled games lineup, first class Xbox Live multiplayer games service and a platform for game developers that offers unique capabilities such as Kinect and Xbox SmartGlass.

Finalizer

woah.jpg

TFL8Lxi.jpg

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
No way they are giving up a 30% advantage to Sony.

Amir0x

Banned
And it seems Xbox One sold around 145k-150k, for the record. At least according to the other thread. So 300k+ for PS4?

Microsoft am Cry?

This is kinda insane. When did Sony do the rest of their territory roll out? Some late december but some in Jan as well?

Also, if they're waiting for March to pick sales back up...ehh...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I expect roughly 60-40 split as long as the current pricepoints are maintained. 66-33 or 70-30 would be a blowout for Sony / against MS.

tensuke

Worldwide though, right? Not a huge surprise. I'm more interested in where the US numbers lie.

edit: wait, this is npd? then damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom