• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTen x Fire Emblem announced (Wii U)

Finally, a game with the difficulty of a Shin Megami Tensei title and the unforgivingness of a Fire Emblem. I wonder if I'd even make it past a tutorial.

Acosta

The awesomeness can't be contained, and Kaneko on board makes it more exciting.

I still have no idea how it's going to work out, but intriguing noneless.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
3 SMT titles for 3DS and now SMT x Fire Emblem

Looks like Nintendo is locking this franchise tight down.

StayDead

I... I'm just so happy.

SMT 4 this year, Fire Emblem last year, SNES fire emblem on VC and now this.

I am in love right now. Spread FE all over my body, it's ready.

Coen

BTW Nintendo, you can't show this shit on a European stream and not (let Atlus) release it over here.

inyG4Rzeqz0dj.gif

I'm not sure how to feel. I've never played a Fire Emblem game before.

I was on the same boat till i played the 3DS demo last night. I loved it!

edit: Isnt Shin Megami Tensei series pretty popular in JP? I havent really followed it.

explodet

Finally, a game with the difficulty of a Shin Megami Tensei title and the unforgivingness of a Fire Emblem. I wonder if I'd even make it past a tutorial.
The first level is just your team getting annihilated by OP soldiers.

Kinda like how you die in Demon's Souls, after which the real game kicks in.

Im a huge SMT fan, really like the idea of Fire Emblem and always wanted to give the series a try...but Wii U....oh well. Guess I am not getting this game. Will be interesting as all hell to see how this goes though, and its nice to see a Megaten branded game finally on an hd console.

stuminus3

Wow, if someone yesterday said "what do you think would be the most surprising thing Nintendo reveal at their direct" I wouldn't even have thought of this. But now I can't think of anything else. :O

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
By SMT they mean all of the games under the MegaTen umbrella right? It includes Persona, Survivor, DemiKids, and stuff right?

Also this is the famitsu tease right?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is when I started thinking "Ok, this Direct will be' something special"

This one really needed a trailer or ...something. Very interesting crossover, but the announcement just kinda leaves me scratching my head.

AGITΩ

Nintendo is crossing with Everyone now. But I love me anything Fire Emblem. I'm not too big on the Megaten series, but I can appreciate it.

All I need now is a Nintendo x Banpresto.....AWWW YEEAAH

vall03

By SMT they mean all of the games under the MegaTen umbrella right? It includes Persona, Survivor, DemiKids, and stuff right?

But the characters shown are only from the mainline SMT games

SMT I, II, If, Nocturne, and IV. Not even Strange Journey is here. But we'll see once we get more info in the future.

Javier

True megaton of the Direct. No question.

FE characters in the trailer:

- Marth
- Eirika
- Elincia
- Hector
- Sothe
- Lyn
- Ike
- Eliwood
- Caeda/Sheeda
- Roy
- Lilina
- Ephraim
- Micaiah
- Chrom
- Masked Marth

EVOL 100%

They only showed the SMT protagonists, if they were going to include all of the SMT related spinoffs then we would have surely been shown the much more popular Persona characters.

Second question no idea. I would literally die

Aeana

I don't know what to think about this.
I wonder what kind of game it is. Hopefully not a fighting game.

My mind is blown trying to imagine a SRPG version of this, PLUS fire emblem characters.

tumblr_lqrodiOCxJ1qkvyy6o1_1280.png

tumblr_lqrobof4PR1qkvyy6o1_1280.png

tumblr_lqgtb61CYH1qkvyy6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lqgt67aYex1qkvyy6o1_1280.jpg

OH GOD, the potential fan service story mode.

Manly tears forever!

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
All the SMT fans who have never played FE before should try out the demo on the 3DS. It's a fantastic series, and this game is just such an unexpected delight!

zulux21

I don't know what to think about this.
I wonder what kind of game it is. Hopefully not a fighting game.

basically my thoughts. I want to be excited but there is just to much unknown about it.

It would make the most sense if it was a SRPG, but it really could be a number of things. I will wait until we know more before I get excited, especially since it likely won't be out this year.

I'd imagine that we're talking strictly mainline SMT, considering a) all the characters they showed was from the mainline games, b) SMT 4 is coming exclusively to the 3DS which might tie in to this somehow and c) there isn't an SMT "umbrella" in Japan, it's really only a marketing term for the Rest of World.

Top Bottom