• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 10/15/09 – topatoi (US)

Chocoboko

So, after someone spends sometime with mushroom wars let us know what you think. It looks really similar to pixeljunk monsters...which I can't really decide if that's good or bad yet.

Shinriji said:
So sad that Critter Crunch didn't show up at the top 20 downloads of the week.
Not selling so hot. Very sad over here too. Hopefully the demo will help, but what can you do - we made the best game we could for the best price we could, but in the end it's the gamers that define your level of sales success.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
FFObsessed said:
There's been one great PS1 titles (FFVII) and that's it.

I do believe you missed Final Fantasy Tactics, Wild Arms 2, and Biohazard: Director's Cut.

Crisis

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:
Not selling so hot. Very sad over here too. Hopefully the demo will help, but what can you do - we made the best game we could for the best price we could, but in the end it's the gamers that define your level of sales success.

:(

If it makes you feel any better I kept my word and bought it.

KZObsessed

Cromulent_Word said:

I will buy it this weekend!

RavenFox

Banned
Shinriji said:
So sad that Critter Crunch didn't show up at the top 20 downloads of the week.
Wow that's insane. That game is better than half the crap out there.

Also I'm late but is the U.S. store really not up yet? Didn't turn on PS3 yet just got in not to long ago.

edit: to Cromulent_Word
I bought and am loving every minute of it. Thank You so much it's a very refreshing game. Will spread the word.

Crisis said:

If it makes you feel any better I kept my word and bought it.
Im not trying to shame GAF into buying it - hope it didnt come across that way. Even despite the not-so-awesome sales Critter Crunch has been a huge success for our studio. Our reviews have been amazing, and the response from people that picked it up has been beyond our expectations. In the end, I just hope people give it a shot, even if it's just the demo.

I really appreciate all the GAF'ers that have supported our baby this first tumultuous week :)

TheSeks said:
I do believe you missed Final Fantasy Tactics, Wild Arms 2, and Biohazard: Director's Cut.

Also Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania SOTN.

But there are quite a few that are curiously absent. Stuff like Wipeout XL (2097), Legend of Dragoon, etc. Stuff they published.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That really sucks. Critter Crunch is my favorite PSN game of the year and there is really no reason why shouldn't buy it considering the quality and the price. Maybe the problem is that most people don't know about it, a lot of games come to PSN and the average person probably doesn't know what they are unless they have received a lot of attention from the media. Anyways, I hope that it'll sell more over time, but for what it's worth....the people who played it liked/loved it, I have Biggs as my avatar afterall. Capy did an great job.

Crisis

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:
Im not trying to shame GAF into buying it - hope it didnt come across that way. Even despite the not-so-awesome sales Critter Crunch has been a huge success for our studio. Our reviews have been amazing, and the response from people that picked it up has been beyond our expectations. In the end, I just hope people give it a shot, even if it's just the demo.

I really appreciate all the GAF'ers that have supported our baby this first tumultuous week :)

You don't come off as trying to shame GAF into buying the game. I personally bought the game and I think it's fantastic. GAF members with a PS3 that like any puzzle games at all should be ashamed of not buying it if they haven't. I am glad that overall it's been successful for you guys and I hope it doesn't deter you from doing PSN releases in the future.

Agent X

Captain N said:
ESRB is holding up a lot of the games that should've been there at launch and the last two weeks.

Vempire will be out next week.

I hope so!

I wonder if Sony Computer Entertainment America really gets the point of the PSP Minis. It seems like they aren't nearly as enthusiastic about this line of games as their counterparts over in Europe. Several Minis titles that were released in Europe on October 1 are still no-shows in North America.

Why are Minis games being held up for 2 weeks or more? I thought I had read that one of the benefits was that a developer could submit a game to the Minis program and have it up on the store within a few days. I understand ESRB has to evaluate the games thoroughly, but I'm surprised 2 whole weeks passed without anything at all here. You'd think they'd have a staggered release schedule, and have at least one or two Minis games out this week while waiting for some of the others to pass evaluation.

RedBoot said:
I wonder what happened to Darkstalkers? SFA3 came out this week, so it's not like Sony is ignoring Capcom's release schedule. I wonder if that game specifically got held up?

Maybe Sony's planning some kind of Halloween promotion, considering that Darkstalkers has a "monster" theme.

Rlan

By last check Critter Crunch's Leaderboards are over 7,000, which considering the limited US only release isn't bad for puzzle games nowadays.

You certainly did better than Lucidity on XBLA, which by my count only had 3,369 Leaderboard players for last week.

Tobor

Rlan said:
By last check Critter Crunch's Leaderboards are over 7,000, which considering the limited US only release isn't bad for puzzle games nowadays.

You certainly did better than Lucidity on XBLA, which by my count only had 3,369 Leaderboard players for last week.

Does that count shared copies?

V_Ben

Banned
Cromulent_Word said:

Just you wait until it comes out in Europe! Day 1 for sure for me!

KZObsessed

Rlan said:

oh it's US only right now? Sorry can't buy it this weekend as I said :p

I'll get it when it comes out though.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Cromulent_Word said:
:hugs:

I personally love the game.
The high reviews are positive news though. I know how stuff like that can help with publishers and future projects.

Mushroom Wars.

I just played the second stage at the tutorial. objective of the stage was to capture the house with the star. The Towers surrounding it threw rocks which killed some of your army. Controls are simple. Left stick to move the cursor to your base or captured one. Holding down R1 and Left stick guides where where there army goes. The face button is used to send out XX amount of your army. Triangle sends out 100% of the troop. X button sends out 50% and so on. Once a base or tower is captured you can upgrade. Upgrading a house increase the speed of how fast they respawn. To upgrade you hold L1 and press X [Be reminded the other face button does something else you can read in the manual but right now it was locked]. the requirement of each upgrade requires X amount of your troop. anyways. Your enemy can capture the house you captured as well. it becomes fun fighting for the base ;D.

Going to play some more and see what else the game has to offer. Can't say much right now anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7kSLOjzH4&fmt=18

A bonus video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5i2FjOe67I&fmt=18

Crisis said:
You don't come off as trying to shame GAF into buying the game. I personally bought the game and I think it's fantastic. GAF members with a PS3 that like any puzzle games at all should be ashamed of not buying it if they haven't. I am glad that overall it's been successful for you guys and I hope it doesn't deter you from doing PSN releases in the future.
thanks dude - we're definitely still huge fans of PSN and will be providing PS3 gamers with more 2DHD funtimes asap.

Rlan said:

We're over 8k for the week based solely on our leaderboards. It's not bad, and i definitely don't feel like we sold terribly. Capy & SCEA just had higher hopes for our first week, and to miss it is unfortunate.

Again, all the lower-than-we-hoped sales talk is totally secondary to Capy. We're crazy stoked on how much this game has done for our little studio, and the support people have shown. It's inspiring to the Nth degree, and we plan on using it as fuel to make other radical games. In short, I already consider the game a success for Capy.

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Supersonic acrobatic whatever...worth $5?
so very worth it.

Psykotik

Cromulent_Word said:

i bought it the moment i saw it up on the store. so, for what it's worth, +1 sale from me.

GeoramA

Cromulent_Word said:

I ended up buying it last Friday. I could've got it by gamesharing with a friend, but I would've hated myself. :lol I ended up gamesharing a lesser game: TMNT ReShelled. Man that game is garbage.

Anyway, CC is a great and challenging puzzle game for such a low price. Hope more people buy it in the future.

God...when can I play Portable Ops on my PSPgo? Sony is practically begging me to return the thing at this point.

How long should I hold out hope for?

Cromulent_Word said:

Did you at least pull down the cheddar on the iPhone/touch?

Rlan

DMPrince said:
Mushroom Wars.

I just played the second stage at the tutorial. objective of the stage was to capture the house with the star. The Towers surrounding it threw rocks which killed some of your army. Controls are simple. Left stick to move the cursor to your base or captured one. Holding down R1 and Left stick guides where where there army goes. The face button is used to send out XX amount of your army. Triangle sends out 100% of the troop. X button sends out 50% and so on. Once a base or tower is captured you can upgrade. Upgrading a house increase the speed of how fast they respawn. To upgrade you hold L1 and press X [Be reminded the other face button does something else you can read in the manual but right now it was locked]. the requirement of each upgrade requires X amount of your troop. anyways. Your enemy can capture the house you captured as well. it becomes fun fighting for the base ;D.

Going to play some more and see what else the game has to offer. Can't say much right now anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7kSLOjzH4&fmt=18

A bonus video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5i2FjOe67I&fmt=18

Does it have Leaderboards, per chance?

Yes. there's leaderboards. Can show the leaderboard for the level and by difficulty.
Shows rank, Name, Score, Time, Rewards, and Country of the player [Flag indication]

obonicus

Cromulent_Word said:
We're over 8k for the week based solely on our leaderboards. It's not bad, and i definitely don't feel like we sold terribly. Capy & SCEA just had higher hopes for our first week, and to miss it is unfortunate.

Are you at liberty to mention how it did relative to the iPhone version?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Didn't pick any of the games up - MAYBE get Socom and SF3Max.

Ended up getting about 40$ worth of PS1 stuff.

Wait for Spaceworld?

dfyb

Banned
i guess since there's stuff on screen and you can use (and modify) your own music, i assumed .detuned would do something like a music visualizer if left idle. missed opportunity in my opinion.

Speevy

Banned
.detuned is even stranger than I imagined.

It's exactly like you've got some kind of supernatural horror villain tied up and are making him dance against his will.

His face even morphs and he's clearly not having a good time. Whomever these blue people are, they're pretty sick.

Chocoboko

So I went ahead and bought Mushroom Wars. It is really fun so far. Does anyone know what the little "!" above the guys heads on the map means? There is one above the tutorial guys head but Ive already beaten the level.

kuYuri

Still no Darkstalkers Chronicles which was supposed to be released last week on the store and the Capcom Blog post that confirms the dates has been deleted. Curious...

Fodder76

Capy -

As a fellow developer, I'm sad to hear that the sales of the game didn't live up to your expectations. I bought it and am loving it. This is a perfect little package for $7, and it has earned your company a spot on my very small list of 'companies whos games are of such a level of quality that I'd probably buy pretty much anything they put out'.

And believe it or not, its not easy to get on that list.

Anyway, I'm making my friends buy it, and I'm really looking forward to Might and Magic.

Cromulent_Word said:
Any reason there wasn't a demo right out of the gate? Especially since a demo was apparently included with the final download.

I think a demo would've helped sales tremendously. When I heard there was one included with the final game purchase, but not available outside of that, that turned me off quite a bit - to be perfectly honest with you.

Now that I know a standalone demo is coming, I'm excited for it. Just wondering why it wasn't here a week ago?

Agent X

Cromulent_Word said:

I appreciate great quality games! :D I'm doing my best to spread the word I just convinced one of my close (real-life) friends to get Critter Crunch earlier tonight, and I think another one will be getting it shortly.

Also, I think the demo will help bolster sales. There are lots of puzzle games out there, and this is one of the better ones in recent months, with gameplay mechanics that are different than many similar-looking puzzlers. Once people get their hands on it, they'll have a better understanding of what makes this one stand out from the rest of the bunch.

Top Bottom