• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Let's look back at some bold predictions from Sportsnet from September:

✔ 1. McDavid wins the scoring race
✘ 2. The Vancouver Canucks finish dead last in the standings
✘ 3. The Colorado Avalanche become corsi Gods en route to Central Division crown
✘ 4. The Buffalo Sabres finish as New York’s best team
✘ 5. The Arizona Coyotes make the playoffs and GM John Chayka gets named executive of the year
✘ 6. P.K. Subban will score a hat trick in his return to Montreal
✘ 7. Jonathan Drouin leads the Tampa Bay Lightning in scoring
✔ / ✘ 8. The Lightning will trade goaltender Ben Bishop and win the Stanley Cup
✘ 9. Phil Kessel scores 40 goals for the first time in his career
✘ 10. Pierre-Luc Dubois will win the Calder Trophy

Fun!

Sportsnet's Stanley Cup winners:

Elliotte Friedman: Washington Capitals
Sean McIndoe: Tampa Bay Lightning
David Amber: Washington Capitals
Eric Engels: Tampa Bay Lightning
Ryan Dixon: Tampa Bay Lightning
Chris Johnston: Tampa Bay Lightning
Mark Spector: Washington Capitals
Eric Francis: Tampa Bay Lightning
Kristina Rutherford: Washington Capitals
Gord Stellick: St. Louis Blues
Christine Simpson: Tampa Bay Lightning
Jeff Marek: Nashville Predators
Luke Fox: Tampa Bay Lightning
John Shannon: Chicago Blackhawks
Daren Millard: Chicago Blackhawks
Nick Kypreos: Nashville Predators
Doug MacLean: Tampa Bay Lightning

Team most likely to disappoint (aka more proof that Mark Spector is a hilarious idiot of a troll):

Sean McIndoe: Anaheim Ducks
David Amber: Detroit Red Wings
Eric Engels: St. Louis Blues
Ryan Dixon: Buffalo Sabres
Chris Johnston: Anaheim Ducks
Mark Spector: Toronto Maple Leafs
Eric Francis: Florida Panthers
Kristina Rutherford: Edmonton Oilers
Gord Stellick: Anaheim Ducks
Christine Simpson: Vancouver Canucks
Jeff Marek: Anaheim Ducks
Luke Fox: Florida Panthers
John Shannon: Florida Panthers
Daren Millard: Anaheim Ducks
Nick Kypreos: Anaheim Ducks
Doug MacLean: Anaheim Ducks

Let's look back at some bold predictions from Sportsnet from September:

✔ 1. McDavid wins the scoring race
✘ 2. The Vancouver Canucks finish dead last in the standings
✘ 3. The Colorado Avalanche become corsi Gods en route to Central Division crown
✘ 4. The Buffalo Sabres finish as New York’s best team
✘ 5. The Arizona Coyotes make the playoffs and GM John Chayka gets named executive of the year
✘ 6. P.K. Subban will score a hat trick in his return to Montreal
✘ 7. Jonathan Drouin leads the Tampa Bay Lightning in scoring
✔ / ✘ 8. The Lightning will trade goaltender Ben Bishop and win the Stanley Cup
✘ 9. Phil Kessel scores 40 goals for the first time in his career
✘ 10. Pierre-Luc Dubois will win the Calder Trophy

how are these people still in business

Socreges

Banned
Willie is a good coach, but he's the wrong coach for a young team. I hope he gets a job elsewhere but he might be done in the NHL

Who's out there? Ruff, Crawford, Sutter (soon), Hitchcock, Muller...

Willie is a good coach, but he's the wrong coach for a young team. I hope he gets a job elsewhere but he might be done in the NHL

Who's out there? Ruff, Crawford, Sutter (soon), Hitchcock, Muller...

Patrick Roy is making his way to Vancouver as we speak.

Parch

Jets fans can be legitimately disappointed. I really thought they had the core players to make the playoffs. They just lack the depth, especially defensively. A full healthy year from Trouba would have helped but there still would have been a problem keeping the puck out of the net. Not an easy problem to fix, but there's still that core to build around.

calder

Winnipeg Jets @NHLJets
#NHLJets participants at #IIHFWorlds:

Scheifele, Morrissey (Canada)
Copp, Trouba, Hellebuyck (USA)
Ehlers (Denmark)

Laine will not play.

Glad Laine won't play, normally you love a young player to get that sort of development in a season without playoffs but he's played a LOT of hockey in the past year.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@ByMHarrington

Eichel clearly furious. Said too many guys in the room simply happy to be in the league. Part of the culture that needs change. #Sabres

calder

@ByMHarrington

Eichel clearly furious. Said too many guys in the room simply happy to be in the league. Part of the culture that needs change. #Sabres

He may also be salty at Draisaitl costing him a 2 mill bonus on the last day of the season lol. You know that has to sting for a guy his age on an ELC. Hell that would probably sting for a guy who's already made tens of millions. ;)

PillarEN

All go one further. I don't know who Dubois even is. Never heard his name once this season. I have heard of Aho though and he plays in Carolina. CAROLINA!

that hit on Laine was dirty as fuck and totally wrong, he would've have easily beaten Matthews in goals and be a lock for Calder if not for that crime.

calder

that hit on Laine was dirty as fuck and totally wrong, he would've have easily beaten Matthews in goals and be a lock for Calder if not for that crime.

Meh, nobody gives a shit about awards a day after they're given out.

Also I need you alert and focused on the here and now - I've started watching Bordertown on Netflix and I may have some questions for you.

First of all, does everyone call this guy Finnish Jake Gyllenhaal? Because they probably should.

RR6wCGU.png

calder

Just imagined Sutter coaching the Jets to a 110 pt season and got a bit sad because it can't happen with our idiot GM.

Pikma

Banned
Expected Sutter to go but not Lombardi. Interesting!
Go aw.....

Wait no, you do belong here

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Marvie_3

Banned
Go aw.....

Wait no, you do belong here

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Lolol

Marvie_3

Banned
Not sure if posted, but all new Adidas jerseys might be unveiled during the draft in June for each team.

Minnesota specifically might be wearing something similar to their Stadium Series jersey, which isn't a bad place to start a design. I'd lose the collar on the Stadium Series jersey and swap it for something similar to the current v-neck template that most teams have. But if the World Cup jerseys are to go by, this might be the standard.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5007b2ea84aef6ab9cd08134/56551271e4b06b23bf064905/56551272e4b08c62b9bb98c6/1448415888859/1124-min16ss-group.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Minnesota just need to make a home version of their aways. Those jerseys are nice.

Top Bottom