• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie just namedropped at Nvidia conference. Destiny port potential rising

Grief.exe

NVIDIA said that Bungie is uing the OptiX SDK to calculate ambient obscurance in future game titles

n1btk6a.jpg

Relevant gif

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Sources: http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-montreal-twimtbp-press-briefing-coverage_126586
Image courtesy EatChildren's Thread
C00kie M0nster originally alerted me to this.

Grief.exe

That error in the title

namedropped = name dropped

I would PM a mod, but it seems so minor that I don't want to waste their time.

antitrop

Who gives a shit about Bungie?

What the FUCK is Medal of Honor: Warfighter doing on that screen, under the banner of "Great Games"?

Derrick01

Banned
Endless junk/vendor loot and fetch quests for everyone this time!

antitrop said:
What the FUCK is Medal of Honor: Warfighter doing on that screen, under the banner of "Great Games"?

Looks like assassin's creed 3 and splinter cell blacklist are there too. Just roll with it I guess.

Grief.exe

Who gives a shit about Bungie?

antitrop
does not much care for
MOH: Warfighter
(Today, 10:24 AM)

The tag is quite relevant.

Rockstar - hoping they have a deal that is announced with Nvidia. Could make sense.

Rockstar was already announced as a partner earlier in the year and GTAV would be releasing soon. Nvidia had to come out and say that was a mistake though.

Cute that you think Activision would let Nvidia announce anything related to Destiny.

edit. My theory is that they're just using this thing to bake light maps for the game on their nvidia work station GPUs and it has no relation to a PC port.

LtOrange

Awesome news for PC gamers. I just hope this doesn't delay the console versions release....I need this game as soon as possible.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I dunno, but I just don't want it to. It feels like it should be a console game and nothing more. It just feels that way to me.

Plus, if it does go to PC, the games for the consoles will feel completely inferior due to the things PC people will be able to do like modding *cough* Skyrim *cough cough*. I just don't want it to be 'that' type of game.

Nethaniah

I dunno, but I just don't want it to. It feels like it should be a console game and nothing more. It just feels that way to me.

Plus, if it does go to PC, the games for the consoles will feel completely inferior due to the things PC people will be able to do like modding *cough* Skyrim *cough cough*. I just don't want it to be 'that' type of game.

I still chuckle everytime.

Why is Medal of Honor: Warfighter a great game?
Why is DICE's logo so old?

Sony and SOE are here and Rage too - I like it.
I don't know what does it all mean though.

It's insane they haven't announced Destiny for PC.

In all seriousness, what the heck is the problem with developers hesitating to develop PC versions?
The game is releasing on 4 (four) different systems already. Why not include PC while you're at it?

Get a life.

dejan

tee-hee

Grief.exe

ghst
thanks for the laugh
(Today, 10:33 AM)

I see a distinction between Sony and SOE. PS4 is Steambox incoming.

Fair point. I can't explain the inclusion of both the Sony and SOE logo other than oversight.
I just checked and SOE is listed as both the publisher and developer on their Steam games.

yea I don't know Sony's logo is on there. SOE is a separate entity from Sony, Maybe Sony dev studios are using Nvidia physics x in their games or something?

Anyway Sony should be interested in PC gaming, I was highly impressed by Planetside 2.

Grief.exe

Well, they're certainly open to it.

Bungie considering Destiny PC version

I'm just saying it's not like a "Oh my God, I can't believe this" type of announcement. They're an independent studio now, no longer shackled by the whims of Microsoft and Halo. It wouldn't be surprising at all.

And their non-comments so far would align with a Publisher/Developer who is planning a PC port.

The ulterior evidence is there, we are just waiting on an official announcement at this point.

Syf

Banned
Please make it happen Bungie. This is the #1 next-gen game I'm excited for right now, and a PC version would be a dream.

Grief.exe

That Medal of Honor cutscene wife...

I'm not sleeping for a week. :(

I just imagine that face right now, holding a kitchen knife, and waking me up in the middle of the night.

ghst's post is a copy/paste from the Bungie forums, don't hold it against him. :p

I thought I had read that response before.

I have been browsing the Destiny forums looking for some news, I think I saw it there lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be his wife, or his elderly mother.

It's supposed to be his wife.

You know, I would have even accepted it if it was like his best friend's mom and his best friend died and he was there for her

Nope. She's supposed to be the same age as him and not the crypt keeper

Top Bottom