• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming out on August 14 in Japan [Up: Famitsu Images]

I keep getting really excited about this title even though I really don't care for the Warriors series. I hope this game breaks the usual mold in some way that is interesting to me.

Trike

You should probably change the OP, because that isn't Skyward Sword Impa. That makes it seem like it is a Skyward Sword game. If anything this news shows that it will be an original story. The only thing that Impa design has that Skyward Sword has is the one really long braid and she is probably wearing a cape. Everything else is different. She has different armor, face paint, hair and skin color. Actually her face paint could also just be a scar. Her armor reminds me of Sheik's clothes, mostly because of the Sheikah symbol.

it's TP link with a scarf (and actual colors now).
So I'm not sure I'd call it "new".

No, it is a different design. The differences are mostly subtle, but it is clearly a different Link. Or just a heavily updated one, in any case. The actual face looks a lot different (which is a huge upgrade over the creepy SS Link), but the actual costume itself is changed a bit. Hard to make Link look really different without altering his tunic heavily or changing the art style.

From Shinobi;

Translation
-August 14th
-Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664
-Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
-Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
-Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
-Story goes that Link, an in-training soldier, must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia, who has been turned evil somehow.
-2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
-Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, weapons including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
-Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
-Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
-Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
-Bombs make an appearance and won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
-Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
-Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.
-Playable at E3.
-Development is 70% complete.

Please offer corrections if you notice mistakes, especially musou ranbu (couldn't find an English translation)

L~A

From Shinobi;

-August 14th
-Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
-Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
-Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.
-2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
-Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
-Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
-Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
-Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
-Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
-Playable at E3.

Thanks, added to the OP :)

Qurupeke

Neat.

Woah, many special editions.

L~A

Yes, playable at e3? Awesome :) Bombs not only being used on enemies sounds great too :)

Since the game is coming out 2 months after E3, it'd be worrying if it were playable. Though that means the game will be partially translated.... hopefully that means a western release will come soon after Japan :)

JoeM86

Bit concerned at the lack of mentioning of online play. Dynasty Warriors has had that and it would have been awesome for this.

Shiggy

70% complete and out in 3 months? Tf?

It seems like it's only you who's surprised by the fast development cycle. It's not looking like a title that's been in development for years, rather something that can be produced within a year or 1.5 years. And that makes sense, as Nintendo began to realise in early 2013 that nobody was making Wii U software anymore.

RiggyRob

-August 14th

Eh, I don't need a Triforce clock (depends on how cool it looks), but I'm down for another Treasure Box related extra (I already have the Prima Guide box set and the musical chest for A Link Between Worlds).

kizmah

I haven't played a single Warriors title but I'm getting hyped for this. (EDIT: or maybe that's why I'm getting hyped...) Anyway, the power of Zelda!

Now follow this with an HD "remake" of Twilight Princess Nintendo, to lead me into the glorious Zelda U.

From Shinobi;

Translation
-August 14th
-Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.
-Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
-Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.

-Playable at E3.

Please offer corrections if you notice mistakes, especially musou ranbu (couldn't find an English translation)

Ok now i'm definitely hype for this game, can't wait to see it at e3!

Alrus

70% complete and out in 3 months? Tf?

Well it's a Musou game, those don't seem to take long to make considering the amount Tecmo Koei releases each year.

Also yeah, Japanese magazines always say a game they feature is "X% complete" and it's always completely meaningless.

Prototype

The more I hear about this game the more I want it. So far I'm happy about the confirmation of multiple characters and that you can equip them with different weapons.

Bombs bring use for other purposes makes me think of environmental damage like taking down towers or bridges as well as being used to open secret passages to treasure and glory.

My interest is rising for this game.

I reckon we'll get one today/tomorrow

Why today/tomorrow? I hope they'll make a full-on Hyrule Warriors Direct later. Might make me buy a Wii U.

The more I hear about this game the more I want it. So far I'm happy about the confirmation of multiple characters and that you can equip them with different weapons.

We always knew there were going to be multiple characters. Why would a Warriors game only have one playable character? Back at the reveal I predicted at least 12 playable, and I stand by that still.

Oh man cant wait to see who the other playable chars are.

twilight_princess__malo_by_crystleicefire-d5mkmbs.jpg

Warrior series IMO is always like

Use characters/weapons you like, unlock more and use them all for a few times.

Play all the stages a few times, then we are done here.

The rest is whether you have time to grind and 100% the game or not.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
is hype what I'm feeling? I think it's hype.
the 2player mode is great, the custom weapons is great, the "tons of playable characters" is great.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I wonder how many people who never play a single Warrior games are hyped for this game?

Me. I always thought that I might enjoy this kind of game, but I never really felt the impulse of buying them. With this it is different, the more I see details of it the more I want to play this.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I wonder how many people who never play a single Warrior games are hyped for this game?

Don't know...
I've played some DW on the OG Xbox, I've played both Samurai Warriors 3 and Basara 3 (I know, it's Capcom) on the Wii, I've played One Piece Pirate Warriors and Ken's rage on PS3. I've got a little bit tired, but the licensed ones (as Ken or One Piece) gave new life to my will to play this series.
I'm looking forward for it, thanks to the Zelda-theme

Top Bottom