• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

No I have her silly, awkward BSB instead.

I'll see how many 5* motes I have, but I had my eye on Maria for my next Spirit/Wisdom legend dive.

Well, it would be tricky, but if you could pull off trance and BSB boosts with another magic boost somewhere, you might be able to put up some decent numbers. Using another fire person to do chip damage if you don't have a radiant shield might make up for it. Would be tricky, but it might be worth trying at least. I managed to finish Bismark only using TGCid OSB alone doing around 55k (80k on crits) using trust-bots. Fire boosting magicite would help a lot of course.

What a mess. I did the 45 Stam dungeon and mythril pot. Maybe the latter will reload ha.

Xi torment on Tuesday? That should be annoying. Thank God for the enkidu magicite.

Edit and we're back. Going to farm for a while before doing anything else.

MrDaravon

I'm either not finding it on reddit or my searching skills are weak, but post fest what are the next baller banners? Only one I know of offhand from hearing about it when it came out in JP was the FFTA one. I'm not even sure if I'm going to do the two pulls I was planning on doing at this point, I'm back in full casual mode now and not fussing with Torments/Magicites.

evangd007

Well, it would be tricky, but if you could pull off trance and BSB boosts with another magic boost somewhere, you might be able to put up some decent numbers. Using another fire person to do chip damage if you don't have a radiant shield might make up for it. Would be tricky, but it might be worth trying at least. I managed to finish Bismark only using TGCid OSB alone doing around 55k (80k on crits) using trust-bots. Fire boosting magicite would help a lot of course.

I just got Radiant Shield on Curilla's USB which is also a useful boost, so I'll probably focus on leveling her up.

Or I'll go back to plan A and try to do it with Bartz's USB.

Rinoa OSB
Leon BSB (dupe)
Lenna SSB (dupe)
Minwu SSB
Cloud Organics SSB

Kind of a meh pull. Was hoping for at least 1 new burst. At least I now have a medica for FF2.

6/30

Krile osb
Dorgann, firion, rinoa bursts
Cyan and matoya sab.

Only Cyan was a dupe.

Was needing Firions burst. I guess not too bad.

Deadly

I actually only got 1 dupe wooohooo

7/30
Krile SSB (dupe, this must be like my 5th one)
Eiko SSB
Braska BSB
Yda SSB
Nine BSB
Galuf BSB
WoL OSB

Which fest banners contain some OP relics? It seems rather spread out this time around. Is Cloud USB still the OP relic to get?

Rubenov

I actually only got 1 dupe wooohooo

7/30
Krile SSB (dupe, this must be like my 5th one)
Eiko SSB
Braska BSB
Yda SSB
Nine BSB
Galuf BSB
WoL OSB

Which fest banners contain some OP relics? It seems rather spread out this time around. Is Cloud USB still the OP relic to get?

Banner 2 (Terra USB and Bartz USB) and Banner 3 (Cloud USB)

Wazzy

Banned
Wow I didn't even know about the 30 pull. The OSB I pulled was Gladios's and then 5 other rainbow relics, two of which were Snow's gloves and the rest were Barrets BSB and Vivi BSB.

Disappointed no VIII items but I'll keep hoarding mythril for the future events.

hesho

hmmmm thinking about it..

anyone know if it is possible to turtle any other magicite boss? just would like to lvl others too

My 30 Draw:

Kain OSB
Rinoa BSB2
OK SSB2 (dupe)
Shantotto SSB (dupe)

Not the greatest, but the two new relics are good, and both for characters I like, so I feel it was a success overall.

Then I did my Banner 1 pull, only one rainbow orb appearing, but it was Maria's BSB, which was one of my goal items, so that's awesome. I'm tempted to do another pull, but I won't. I'm choosing OK BSB as my choice relic later, and I don't need anything else from this banner. (Want is a different story.) My FFIII synergy is still lacking but I think there's better banners to address that with.

That really might be it for Fest banners for me, beside the choice draws. I have so many dupes on every other banner (at least 4 on each) so it's probably better to hold off. I'll see how itchy my pull instincts are later.

6/30
3 dupes, 1 already +++'d.

Us0XejS.png
- BOO to a useless 4th Zell glove (this thing haunts my fests/LD pulls)
- Meh to a second Tyro BSB book, particularly with us all getting his USB2 for free
- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to Mustadio BSB. Probably useful for debuff stacking in FFT CMs, but we don't have many going forward, right?
- Yay to a +++ Sabin Armlet (best bracelet I have now)
- Yay to Larsa BSB (I now have a strong set of Healers with BSBs for Vanille, Eiko, Yuna2, Larsa and Aerith + USBs for Aerith, Eiko and Relm)
- Yay to now having my first EnElement + OSB combo w/ Locke's EnFire SSB and now his OSB. Could I pull off Terra style shenanigans with him vs Sea Lion, or is it too hard to buff ATK enough vs MAG for Sub-30 runs?

Listen to the relic draw menu music when you get a chance (I know some of you play muted). It's another overworld medley.

5/11
OSB - Edgar (dupe - too soon) WOL (+Holy)
BSB - Vivi2 (dupe)
SSB - Zidaine (AoE power mug :\), OK (medica)

For anyone interested the D120 orbfest gives enough EXP for 1* magicite to go from level 1-50.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How is the first banner? I only have enough for two, so I'm not sure which ones are the ones to try on (assuming I don't have any of the "star relics" on any banner).

So with FFRK central closing down at the end of the month the creator is going into detail about datamining. No source codes or anything like that but lots of neat backend stuff nobody normally gets to see:
https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/2017/09/24/official-farewell-post
I had about 2,400 bots playing FFRK 24/7. When I say "play", I mean it. They were doing daily relic draws (both free and using Mythril), they were completing dungeons and beating enemies. Overall, we're talking about 14,906,500 battles fought and 2,113,000 relic draws performed.

Balphon

How is the first banner? I only have enough for two, so I'm not sure which ones are the ones to try on (assuming I don't have any of the "star relics" on any banner).

If you only want to pull on two you should probably go with banner 2 and then whichever looks better to you between 3 and 4. Banner 3 has the better top end items but banner 4 is a little better rounded despite Tiny Bee.

Banner 1 is okay but the bad items on it are comparatively really bad and the 6*s are good but not incredible.

5/30

Okay pulls considering it was free.

2 dupes - Fang OSB and Locke SSB. Locke has zero usefulness in my VI team so that is a bust. I always use Fang in XIII synergy so this is good for some extra damage.

Need opinions on these:

Rydia BSB - I guess this is good for summon nightmares and some earth damage which I lack. This is probably my favorite pull of the bunch.

Steiner OSB - This seems REALLY good at first glance. I only had his SSB up to this point. Definitely see the potential for IX events.

Golbez SSB - Seems a bit shitty. I love dark users but this seems meh simply due to no endark.

Kain

So pulled on the first banner with all the mythtril they gave us today and the results were... incredible:

3/11

WoL USB
Luneth USB
VoF

All new, been chasing VoF since forever and Luneth is husbando, I have EVERYTHING for him. I suppose I'll have to stop using his BSB to start using his Ultra, Tornado Strike spam, then OSB.

WarAdept

Wait, with Zidane's Ultra being Grand Lethal, isn't him the first character to get a "final" skill in this game?

Lightning has had Army of One for a while now.

Other characters have already exhausted their own skill pools from their respective games.

ccbfan

Events been a pretty mixed bag for me right now.

1. Medica BSB LD = 2/11

Ovelia BSB - Dupe.
Iris BSB - Pretty excited about this. IMO best medica BSB in the game and being a 5* dancer makes her amazing support. Too bad no wrath.

2. BSB+ LD = 4/11

Garnet BSB2 - Duper
Mog BSB - Nice needed a stackable Hastega Faithga for the longest time. Now I can retired sheep song.
Reno BSB - No clue how to use this. Its all physical, isn't he suppose to be a mage? I guess its pretty good for the few hard bosses these days that interuptable.
Refia BSB - Nice, I've been wanting this for a while. What I love about is how self contained it is. You can pretty much added her to any party and she'll destroy things with her own skills.

3. 6* LS

Rinoa CSB - I'm very weak with ice so this should help immensely. Also just recently found out I had Edea BSB so these two combined should be a pretty insane combo.
Bartz USB - This is my single most wanted item in the game. If this entire fest I only got the chicken knife I would be satisfied. Also allowed me to ignore banner 2. It pretty much had everything. 6* knife so pretty much equipable with everyone and almost as strong as sword 6*s. Covers 4 elements (amazing for magicite). Much lower orb suck than the other uber chases.

Free 30 Pull - 5/30

Tifa - OSB - Ehh not a dupe and I need Earth damage.
Rest I don't even remember except that they were trash

After all the LD and free pulls. I decided I was only going to pull banner 1 once and pull FF6 banner 1.

Banner 1 - 2/11

Luneth USB - Not bad. No idea how to use but looks good since wind is a rare resist.
Desch BSB - Looks like a really good magic BSB.

FF6 banner 1 - 5/33

Pull one - 1/11

Shadow LM - Crap if I don't get his USB, amazing if I get his USB.

Pull two -2/11

Both Setzer SSB - Pretty pissed at this point. 100 gems and 0 USB and BSBs to show for it.

Rage pull 3 - 2/11

Setzer SSB - Dupe
Setzer USB - OK not the shadow USB I really wanted but suppose to be another one of the uber USB. I just have no idea why.

So pretty decent fest so far (Probably not pulling anymore). Bartz USB, Setzer USB, Leuneth USB, Rinoa CSB, Tifa OSB, Iris BSB, Refia BSB, Desch BSB, Mog BSB for 275 mythrils looks like a pretty nice return.

Tidd

Did one pull because I could use some SBs for I and II and wouldn't say no to OK BSB or Luneth USB.

2/11

Emperor BSB
Desh BSB

It's okay. I had worse pulls.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you only want to pull on two you should probably go with banner 2 and then whichever looks better to you between 3 and 4. Banner 3 has the better top end items but banner 4 is a little better rounded despite Tiny Bee.

Banner 1 is okay but the bad items on it are comparatively really bad and the 6*s are good but not incredible.
Cool, thanks.

Keym

Wow, I can't survive Omega's phase 3 for more than a handful of turns. I guess you can't beat him without stop?

Pejo

My big takeaway was that we get that awesome fucking Tyro SB for free for doing that picture puzzle dungeon stuff.

Went 5/30 on freebie, don't remember what I got. Should have enough Mythril to do a banner pull on one of these banners before it runs out. Guess I need to see which realms I need synergy for.

My big takeaway was that we get that awesome fucking Tyro SB for free for doing that picture puzzle dungeon stuff.

Enlighten me, is it actually useful in the current meta (as in, do I want to use it in place of SG or Keeper's Tome)? As far as I can understand it stacks with a lot of stuff and is Haste source. Just based on that it seems great.

Xetherion

Enlighten me, is it actually useful in the current meta (as in, do I want to use it in place of SG or Keeper's Tome)? As far as I can understand it stacks with a lot of stuff and is Haste source. Just based on that it seems great.

It stacks with everything, there is no other pentabuff in the game. You don't want to use it in place of SG, but if you have Tyro Legend Dived to extend buff durations you can rotate between SG and this. You can also use both during Jump Start battles.

Unless you really need the mblink, I would use usb2 over KT. Proshellga can be taken care of through abilities.

Ahnez

Lightning has had Army of One for a while now.

Other characters have already exhausted their own skill pools from their respective games.
Ah, forgot about Army of One lol

But I guess they can just keep using alternate versions of skills already used, like Cross Slash -> Ultra Cross Slash

evangd007

If I do Bahamut d300 I'd have enough Dex motes to dive Bartz...

Would this team beat it:
Luneth (BSB)
Arc (BSB)
Faris (USB)
Ramza (Shout)
OK (BSB/OSB)

If I do Bahamut d300 I'd have enough Dex motes to dive Bartz...

Would this team beat it:
Luneth (BSB)
Arc (BSB)
Faris (USB)
Ramza (Shout)
OK (BSB/OSB)
I did something similar with Luneth (BSB, SSB), Zidaine (BSB - imperil), Vaan (BSB), Arc (SSBs), Ramza (Shout+Chant) OK (I did the Cid missions also BSB and OSB, OSB was like 48k damage). A mug bloodlust was somewhere as well. I'm guessing your Faris USB is USB2 with the imperil. You're going to need imperil.

What I found is I had to do with Luneth the following actions Dark Bargain, BSB, CMD2*, Cloud USB, SSB, SSB and for some dumb reason decided to use the other Cloud USB on Zidaine (Vaan would be far better, instant cast).

*-To buy time for the imperils to happen (no idea how much overkill the boosts are), if they don't have at least two up I ran out of SBs before doing enough

I suppose Sky High is another thing you stick on Luneth in case BSB entry of x6.24 vs SSB entry of x7.76 makes much difference.

Top Bottom