• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iXKmcpr.jpg

anyone else notice this? (sorry couldnt find a good close up of shulk :( )
There is a resemblance, but I'd say that's about it, his facial features look quite different; a lot of Japanese characters resemble each other;

Pooya

Nice music, the world view looks very interesting too with mecha.

The character designs look generic unfortunately, not digging it.

hire Nomura lol

nasos_333

How the hell do you not see Xenoblade or a JRPG in this trailer? HOW!?

Because it is only combat like Monster Hunter, it is called X and not Xenosomething and has a chat screen which is an instant "avoid the game" for me

Of course could be anything, but from that trailer i am not interested in this game

I am far more interested in the single player RPG they are making for 3DS though

duckroll

Hahahaha, eat it Lightning Returns. EAT IT. Hahaha, oh my gosh this game looks so damn good.

But what happens if Lightning Returns sells more in every territory despite turning out to be a turd of a game? Then who eats what? :(

We all eat shit.

DJIzana

I bought my Wii U one week ago. After seeing the news today, my god... I don't even know what to say. I'm SOOO happy!!!!!!!!!

batbeg

Because it is only combat like Monster Hunter, it is called X and not Xenosomething and has a chat screen which is an instant "avoid the game" for me

Of course could be anything, but from that trailer i am not interested in this game

I am far more interested in the single player RPG they are making for 3DS though

How does the combat more resemble Monster Hunter than Xenoblade? How does the X not obviously infer 'Xeno'? And a chat screen makes just as much sense for a 3 player game as a MMO.

Mlatador

Banned
So...it's cool to like Wii U now, right??

This looks great. Can't wait. How long do I have to wait though?

Could come out 2014. AAAAND, don't forget that Nintendo said they want to step up their localising game. That plus the fact that Xenoblade got some great publicity in the last 2 years (awesome reviews, operation rainfall), Monolithsoft is a part of Nintendo now AND they made it one of the "highlights" of this day's Nintendo Direct, it's definitely NOT unplausile to assume that "X" will not only be localized for the west, but also see a much earlier western release than Monado/Xenoblade did.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
PLEASE, GOD! Please let this be Xenoblade 2.

I don't see why people are getting a Monster Hunter feel from it. Xenoblade had huge monsters, too.

I do hope the online functionality that it seems to have, doesn't ruin this game. I still want it to be single player, incase I don't want to mess with anyone else.

I hope the world is just as big and VARIED as Xenoblade was, and I hope that was Shulk at the end. I would like to see a direct sequel to Xenoblade. Perhaps they go to explore a new world?

PLEASE LET THIS BE XENOBLADE 2! Please let it have Shulk and the crew from the first game. Please don't let it be online only. Please let it be everything Xenoblade was, plus more. I need lots of towns, sidequests, and variety in scenery that Xenoblade had.

mclem

But what happens if Lightning Returns sells more in every territory despite turning out to be a turd of a game? Then who eats what? :(

We all eat shit.

To be fair, Lightning Returns probably *will* sell more worldwide.

In other words:

WE ARE ALREADY FED.

Dali

Wow. Just... wow. Looks amazing. Seriously Square you guys need to really take a look at yourselves. Its getting embarrassing.

One of the things I asked for in the E3 megaton thread was a AAA jrpg that's not FF. It's on a Nintendo console though :(

UberTag

We all eat shit.
Lightning Returns will sell more in Japan. They LOVE their Lightning. I will actually give North America and Europe more credit than that. (
Not enough room to be brainwashed by Lightning when you're shooting up your fellow dudebros each year in COD and scoring goals in FIFA.
)

HOLY SHEEEEEET

I am fucking pissed at Japan right now. 6 years we have had in this HD generation and out of al the third party developers not one was able to create a HD open world JRPG despite how popular WRPGS like Skyrim and Fallout were. Nintendo has just entered the HD generation and bam there it is. Now given the title may release next year or even later, it still does not excuse the pathetic contribution to the open world RPG Japan has given.

I mean was it so hard for Capcom to release a HD monster hunter with a scale like this. Its all about the money for them, it seems like they have lost their vision which can be said about a lot of Japanese 3rd parties.

This title is tempting to buy a WiiU but I will see what PS4 has to offer first before I make a judgement.

Some minor grievances would be that the world looks slightly barren and no towns where shown. Where my HD towns at? Also I don't like the idea of it leaning towards Monster Hunter and that character at the end looked ugly as fuck.

DAT MUSIC YESSSSSSSSS! BEAUTIFUL

This and Versus in 2013 would helo the JRPG genre a lot.

Bah, they're using Xenoblade's battle system again? Maybe I should just force myself to like it or something. Monolithsoft is too good of a developer to ignore.

batbeg

Wow. Just... wow. Looks amazing. Seriously Square you guys need to really take a look at yourselves. Its getting embarrassing.

One of the things I asked for in the E3 megaton thread was a AAA jrpg that's not FF. It's on a Nintendo console though :(

Internal Nintendo rpg studio making rpg, more as this story develops.

I hope there are third party jrpg announcements at e3 though! And a new crystal chronicles, though I have no faith in that.

heringer

Gorgeous world, terrible faces? Looks like a Monolith game alright. Shulk looks terrible again.

Other than that, amazing. Sequel to the best JRPG of all time, in HD? Yeah, I'm in.

The world looks almost next gen quality stuff, damn.

We all eat shit.

Then all the people who bought Lightning Returns eat shit while the rest of us(well, non-Japanese speakers) starve while we wait for localisation.

Does anyone else think that Retro are helping on this? Given they helped with MK7 & the job postings from a while ago(the open world & multiplayer experience "preferred") I think they might be.

HOLY SHEEEEEET

I am fucking pissed at Japan right now. 6 years we have had in this HD generation and out of al the third party developers not one was able to create a HD open world JRPG despite how popular WRPGS like Skyrim and Fallout were. Nintendo has just entered the HD generation and bam there it is. Now given the title may release next year or even later, it still does not excuse the pathetic contribution to the open world RPG Japan has given.

I mean was it so hard for Capcom to release a HD monster hunter with a scale like this. Its all about the money for them, it seems like they have lost their vision which can be said about a lot of Japanese 3rd parties.

This title is tempting to buy a WiiU but I will see what PS4 has to offer first before I make a judgement.

Some minor grievances would be that the world looks slightly barren and no towns where shown. Where my HD towns at? Also I don't like the idea of it leaning towards Monster Hunter and that character at the end looked ugly as fuck.

Isn't Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch "HD open world JRPG"

KiN0

I'm guessing this is an early build. If so, it's still pretty impressive. And of course Hiroyuki Sawano is a massive plus

HOLY SHEEEEEET

I guess you missed the excellent Dragon's Dogma developed by Capcom.

batbeg

Then all the people who bought Lightning Returns eat shit while the rest of us(well, non-Japanese speakers) starve while we wait for localisation.

Does anyone else think that Retro are helping on this? Given they helped with MK7 & the job postings from a while ago(the open world & multiplayer experience "preferred") I think they might be.

The thought crossed my mind earlier while hoping for more of Nintendo's resources towards Monolithsodt/rpgs in general, though I doubt it.

HOLY SHEEEEEET

-Sucks when the creators of FF, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Chrono Trigger, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, have a falling out with the major companies that think the Classic IP's created themselves, so they are forced to leave and start a smaller lower budget studio

-It's not leaning toward Monster Hunter... It's still Xenoblade

onilink88

Nah, I don't think so. That would run counter to one of the goals they've set with this game- that being that they wanted to prove that Japanese developers aren't behind Western one technology-wise. (I'm assuming you're referring to the technological aspect here. If not, ignore this. :p)

Wichu

Just noticed that there's a bit in the trailer where the main character's mech fights a bigger mech. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom