• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Yes, replaced a perfectly sturdy machine with one that breaks if you only look at it the wrong way.
Not to mention they completely removed the HDD. I'm fucking sure that everyone would love MS to do that.

Here are a few comparison pictures of my PS3 and 360 slim models.

rljb7o.jpg

v7tlit.jpg

27zg020.jpg

gdt

The warranty on my current 360 runs out soon, plus it's only 20GB. I'll probably trade in this year.

Edit: Have to get a PS3 Slim first.

Just got a job!

Alucrid

Banned
Digital-Hero said:
Here are a few comparison pictures of my PS3 and 360 slim models.

http://i46.tinypic.com/rljb7o.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/v7tlit.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/27zg020.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The PS3 is on top, all is as it should be.

slider

I know I'm late with this comment but the 360S looks sexy. Thoe original leak pics were so frikkin misleading.

Hmm, it'd look better on my shelf next to the PS3 and I can get rid of that boring matte Elite...

Digital-Hero said:
Mommy, what's that ps3 doing to that xbox?

Goddamn, those are two sexy pieces of hardware. I own a fat 80GB BC (MGS4 edition) ps3 and have no reason to migrate to a slim (except wanting to, that is :p), but the slim 360 is just something I don't see myself resisting for too long. I'm going to wait until the holidays and it should be mine then. Will keep an eye on you guys to get status reports!

burgerdog

Kolgar said:
Stock supposedly coming tomorrow at my local Gamestop in southern Wisconsin.

So you guys who are trading old Xboxes--what are you bringing to the store? I've got my original packaging and all the AV cables and dongles and things that came with the console. Is that overkill to give all that stuff away?
Console + 120gig HD + av/component cable + brick + controller. All in my backpack! What was odd is that they gave me $180 back, WTF?

Threi

notag
Just fyi I called several EB games in Canada asking the trade value of a 360, which right now is $25. I asked them if there was a $100 promotion and they laughed saying no way in hell.

:(

Threi said:
Just fyi I called several EB games in Canada asking the trade value of a 360, which right now is $25. I asked them if there was a $100 promotion and they laughed saying no way in hell.

I just asked someone in a gs around here in nyc, he quickly shock his head yes and walked away very fast, wtf.

FrankT

dreamer3kx said:
I just asked someone in a gs around here in nyc, he quickly shock his head yes and walked away very fast, wtf.

The deal in the US is most certainly official as some of us here including myself have already done it.

But $25 in Canada. Wow.

Threi said:

They'd give you $25 for a perfectly fine 360 which can be sold on ebay for easily 100bucks?! Can't believe that to be honest.

Foil

Threi said:

$25? That's it? WTF? :lol

I'd end up losing money rebuying the component cable. (which I hope works just fine on the new models).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Jtyettis said:
No idea and Xclamp hasn't been an issue since Falcon.

X-clamp is just the way it's clamped on right ? how's clamping an issue to begin with :-/

Isn't it the innards that give off the heat that are the problem ? 45nm should put a massive reduction in that.

Man this is like two hot blondes laying on top of each other .. sooo many holes to choose from...

derFeef

Would love to see some heat-measurement from anandtech too. Hope the fan can put the hot air out pretty well. A bit disappointed they walked away from the heatpipe cooler. This one seems a bit... hm.

skyfinch

Threi said:

Damn! :lol Guess I'll be keeping mine. Maybe hand it down to one of my nephews when Kinect comes out.

I'd be SHOCKED if this new redesign, as well as any other future Microsoft console, has any major product defects. I think Microsoft has probably learned there lesson after the one-billion dollar hit they took with the Xbox 360 repairs. Microsoft has probably invested lots of time, and resources into proper testing for any new hardware they release.

It kind of sucks that Amazon wasn't ready to ship this week. I think I will just wait out the weekend and get my console Tuesday(Prime Member= $3.99 Overnight). Avoiding the $30 tax is worth the weekend wait.

FrankT

derFeef said:
Would love to see some heat-measurement from anandtech too. Hope the fan can put the hot air out pretty well. A bit disappointed they walked away from the heatpipe cooler. This one seems a bit... hm.

Oh believe me when I say it puts out some heat.

Lothars

Imperial Hot said:
I'd be SHOCKED if this new redesign, as well as any other future Microsoft console, has any major product defects. I think Microsoft has probably learned there lesson after the one-billion dollar hit they took with the Xbox 360 repairs. Microsoft has probably invested lots of time, and resources into proper testing for any new hardware they release.

It kind of sucks that Amazon wasn't ready to ship this week. I think I will just wait out the weekend and get my console Tuesday(Prime Member= $3.99 Overnight). Avoiding the $30 tax is worth the weekend wait.

I wouldn't it's Microsoft Hardware if it doesn't have a major defect I will be shocked but we will see.

Jonsoncao

Banned
kazuma_pt said:
some of you guys are bound to know this, but was this "x-clamp" thing that much of a problem?

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?40645

maxconsole has a feature on how the new 360 still uses x-clamp. is this bound to create problems? care to enlighten me? :D
sorry if old.
if the ventilation is decent, x-clamp wont be a problem

the old ones have pretty bad cooling mechanic for the GPU(beneath the dvd drive, and very thin heatsink), also it has GPU and edram on one die, but they have drastically different thermal expansion rate, which further pushes the GPU die away from motherboard, plus it used what is called high-lead bumps, which couldnt take the stress when temp changes too quick

please refer to http://www.anandtech.com/show/2682

now they have gpu, cpu, and edram on one die, different thermal expansion rates problem solved, but if it is still using high-lead bumps, chances are it will still RRoD; if they switched it to eutectic bumps, no way it gonna RRoD

BTW, reports confirmed. The quietest 360 yet when idle and with game disc in. Loving this machine. This is how you make a enhanced model! :D

derFeef

Digital-Hero said:
BTW, reports confirmed. The quietest 360 yet when idle and with game disc in. Loving this machine. This is how you make a enhanced model! :D
Awesome! Is this your first 360?

edit: I should learn to read.

FrankT

Digital-Hero said:

Nice, pretty much what everyone has said so far on that level. Will test some games out this weekend myself.

derFeef said:
Awesome! Is this your first 360?

edit: I should learn to read.

Nope, sold my Elite. Previously I had a launch console that I waited in line for at Best Buy back in 2005. (26 hours!) Bill Gates showed up at the event so that was cool.

infinityBCRT said:
... and THAT will probably assure backwards compatibility in the next gen system IMO. They'll probably put this chip in the next system and use it as part of the processing power. (they couldn't do it with the original xbox due to nvidia/intel)

They may include the chip for backwords compatibility but with the PPC arch pretty much dead they will probably go x86 which will make using the old processor for new games impossible.

Top Bottom