• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces Vic Viper, Simon Belmont, and Pyramid Head for Super Bomberman R

sinonobu

Banned
With the success of Bomberman I hope Konami and Nintendo can make another mid-budget titles like Castlevania, Momotaro, etc.

Or if they are willing to drop some cash, new ZONE OF THE ENDERS game....

Zukkoyaki

Considering current Konami, it looks like they did.

It would be one of the top feel-good stories in the industry in awhile. Konami re-entering the fray via modestly budgeted AA releases of their classic franchises with Nintendo's help? After seemingly bailing on traditional games aside from mobile and PES? Amazing.

gogojira

It would be one of the top feel-good stories in the industry in awhile. Konami re-entering the fray via modestly budgeted AA releases of their classic franchises with Nintendo's help? After seemingly bailing on traditional games aside from mobile and PES? Amazing.

Ugh, don't get me hoping for something that won't happen, lol. Remember when Konami did those weird experimental Wiiware remakes? I know there was a Contra one.

I'd love some proper Konami classics to make a return.

Hilarion

Has Fox Engine been ported to the Switch already? If so, then maybe a MGS collection of some sort might have legs.

Otherwise I concur. Do something AA style with other franchises.

Given that MGS5 somehow ran on the 360 and PS3...

In all seriousness, if they bundled it with the existing MGS Collection (the MGS2, MGS3, MGS Peace Walker one) they could easily charge $60. Hell, that collection would sell even without MGS5.

DMONKUMA

With the success of Bomberman I hope Konami and Nintendo can make another mid-budget titles like Castlevania, Momotaro, etc.

FUCK ME THIS GOTTA HAPPEN........or Nintendo just needs to make a cool mecha game like it.

But fuck me man....

TreIII

Yep, i've been saying this for years now. I just hope Switch is the console for Goemon to make his return.

It'd be a welcome sign if we started seeing some games on the VC, to say the least.

I'd love to finally be able to play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure outside of their legacy hardware.

zenspider

Ugh, don't get me hoping for something that won't happen, lol. Remember when Konami did those weird experimental Wiiware remakes? I know there was a Contra one.

Gradius ReBirth
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
Contra ReBirth

Awesome, awesome games. Felt like titles from some lost console - like a Sega Genesis with the SNES color palette and sprite trickery.

guek

Banned
It'd be a welcome sign if we started seeing some games on the VC, to say the least.

I'd love to finally be able to play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon and Goemon's Great Adventure outside of their legacy hardware.

Weren't they on the VC already for Wii/WiiU?

1upsuper

I'm starting to worry now. He should've been the first one to be here.

Gradius and Castlevania are historically extremely important franchises for Konami, and Silent Hill was very influential as well. Just give it time. These guys earned their spots, there's no contesting that.

If Nintendo had the option of funding an MGSV port, would they? Should they? Would it be distasteful?

I hope that it happens someday. I feel like MGSV getting a handheld release would work the same miracles for it as the Subsistence camera once worked for MGS3.

Zubz

Banned
Were there any guest characters in previous games other than Master Higgins or Bonk?

I've been wanting those 2, Yugo, Snake, & Frogger, but I forgot Konami owned Sparkster, Contra, & Yu-Gi-Oh! We need a Bomber for all of their franchises. Hell, if we have Pyramid Head, let's go nuts & see some PES & Rumble Roses representation.

I mean, I would've just settled for Max & Mujoe before this, but now I've seen the light.

StarPhlox

Between these awesome DLC characters and the recent patch I think I am going to have to pick Super Bomberman R up! Damn, Konami it's good to see you get something right after getting so many things so, so wrong.

The ReBirth series, yeah. They actually were pretty solid entries into their respective franchises.

Man, give me

Contra for Switch
Castlevania for Switch
Metal Gear for Switch
Gradius for Switch
TwinBee/Stinger Remaster for Switch

GIVE ME! GIVE ME!! I WILL FORGIVE YOU KONAMI!

Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth is legitimately one of the best classic Castlevania games, and I say this as a big fan of the series.

Agreed. Gradius and Contra ReBirth also are absolutely fantastic games, and if you like those series, I heavily recommend getting either (or both!), as well as the CV game. The trio is legitimately great.

Zubz

Banned
Man, give me

Contra for Switch
Castlevania for Switch
Metal Gear for Switch
Gradius for Switch
TwinBee/Stinger Remaster for Switch

GIVE ME! GIVE ME!! I WILL FORGIVE YOU KONAMI!

Don't forget Bloody Roar! With so many other fighting games coming back, it's high time BR did, too.

TechJunk

Agreed. Gradius and Contra ReBirth also are absolutely fantastic games, and if you like those series, I heavily recommend getting either (or both!), as well as the CV game. The trio is legitimately great.

Man these games need to be re released on Switch, would buy pronto. I never bought into the Wii eshop because of the lack of an account system

Top Bottom