• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash and Spyro PS1 games (EDIT: and others) may now be downloaded to American Vitas.

Dragon

Banned
Did Sony improve the emulator for PSP and PS1 games on the Vita in the last update and just didn't update the backend until now? Seems really really strange.

co1onel

Darn it I didn't even know there was a limit on how many things you can set to download at once. I've never tried downloading so many things.

mollipen

Has anyone been able to play anything?

Stuff been allowed to download doesn't mean it works. Similar glitches has appeared in the past.

5LlolHR.jpg

co1onel

Did Sony improve the emulator for PSP and PS1 games on the Vita in the last update and just didn't update the backend until now? Seems really really strange.

The emulator didn't need improving. These games always worked, its just that they weren't available due to licensing issues. Most companies didn't bother updating the license for the Vita store because they didn't find it worth their time and money.

Dragon

Banned
The emulator didn't need improving. These games always worked, its just that they weren't available due to licensing issues. Most companies didn't bother updating the license for the Vita store because they didn't find it worth their time and money.

Ah okay. Yeah that makes more sense, although you never know :p

Camjo-Z

Wow, now I'm glad I decided to grab all the Crash and Spyro games in that flash sale. I was going to play them later once I could use my PS3 again, but this is way better.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That sucks for people who had no plans on playing the games on those platforms for various reasons.

It was obvious that SCEA would eventually add Vita support to those games considering all the other regions already had it.

Better luck next time.

KalBalboa

Banned
This goes to show how good PS+ is:

I have all the Crash & Spyro games for free thanks to PS+ (aside from Crash 1, which I bought back when it first hit PSN).

CLEEK

Wait a god damn minute.

Did someone say that Pac-Man CE is now working?

And if all PS1 games are working, can I finally play R-Types and R-Type Delta on my Vita? I know they're delisted, but I have the install bubbles sat on my PS3 just incase they ever got enabled on the Vita. Or can I just grab them from my download list?

Freeman

Banned
Nintendo announces every virtual console game one by one, Sony unloads everything hoping no one will see and make a a $0.99 promotion hours before just for the lulz.

Garraboa

GFDGJADSHYFYDYFUIADSGTFYIADSGFUIDSAGIADSFIDSIASF

My Vita comes out of its dungeon to be played and enjoyed with once more :D

#2V1T4 (whatever) bandwagon, here I come!

mothball

Good thing I bought them in anticipation of them being playable on the Vita one day.

I also hope all this other PSP stuff becoming playable isn't a mistake; this is how it should've been since day one.

mollipen

Wait a god damn minute.

Minis version of Pac-Man CE is awful so far as I'm concerned. The ghost timing is off compared to the Xbox 360 version, meaning a lot of strategies you may have learned go out the window.

It's a nice novelty, but I can't play it seriously.

RK128

Wait a god damn minute.

And if all PS1 games are working, can I finally play R-Types and R-Type Delta on my Vita? I know they're delisted, but I have the install bubbles sat on my PS3 just incase they ever got enabled on the Vita. Or can I just grab them from my download list?

Yes man, Pac-Man CE now works on Vita :)! Don't know about the R-Type games (as I don't own them) but for now, every PSP, PS1 and PS Mini now work on Vita. If you have the games in your download list....get them now man! Who knows if this is just a mistake or not with the Vita store, but just get them just in case :).

Fusebox

Banned
If Jeanne D'Arc works. I take back every bad thing I said to my Vita.

Jeanne D'Arc has always worked, you just needed to download it to your PS3 first and then transfer it over to the Vita using the Content Manager. Now you can download it straight to your Vita.

Sandfox

It was obvious that SCEA would eventually add Vita support to those games considering all the other regions already have it.

Better luck next time.
Those other reigions have had it since the feature was launched so it wasn't exactly obvious. I just think its scummy of Sony to not announce this with the sale rather than allowing them to playable as soon as it ends.

teiresias

Hmmm . . . I must have gotten all the Crash and Spyro games via PS+ our something. Forgot about that, haha. Wish I had PSP2 though!! I am glad the Sega Genesis PSP collection works now (unless it did before and I never realized it).

Grunkle

Banned
I already owned Crash 1, but I picked up 2 & 3 during the sale. Now, I wish I grabbed the Spyro games as well. I've been waiting so long for Crash to be playable on the Vita lol.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Those other reigions have had it since the feature was launched so it wasn't exactly obvious. I just think its scummy of Sony to not announce this with the sale rather than allowing them to playable as soon as it ends.

Well, yeah. You're right.

I did already have all the Spyro and Crash games on PSN, though, and my first reaction when seeing that they were discounted was "Well, now everyone is going to buy this and complain on social networks, so they'll have to add Vita support".

So glad I bought these during the sale. I didn't expect them to be enabled so soon afterwards, but I figured there was a good chance it would happen eventually (granted, they should have been downloadable ages ago).

Because Sony obviously knew this was coming and it was probably the main reason they picked those games for the sale.
Assuming this isn't a bug, a more charitable possibility is that all the complaints stemming from these games being on sale finally gave SCEA (and Activision?) a kick in the pants to make enabling these on Vita a priority. Isn't today the first full business day since the sale?

RK128

Hmmm . . . I must have gotten all the Crash and Spyro games via PS+ our something. Forgot about that, haha. Wish I had PSP2 though!! I am glad the Sega Genesis PSP collection works now (unless it did before and I never realized it).

The Collection always worked on Vita (I own it myself :)), you just had to transfer it from your PS3. Great deal for 10 bucks; tons of awesome Genesis games and the only way to play Sonic 1 and 2 on Vita ;).

Eusis

LOL @ all you suckers who didn't buy these games. They were $1 each FFS. Even if it never worked on Vita, it's definitely worth having them in your "collection" for $1 each.
Yeah, I was content with PS3 access. Unless you only had a Vita and PS4 I don't see why you'd have skipped anyway if you would've bought with Vita compatibility.

Top Bottom