• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

wachie

l4JNwHt.png

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-7/specs/

mAkZNMu.png

Full Specs (click to enlarge)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm getting the 64gb 6S+ on T-Mobile for $19 per month.
If T-Mobile offers a way to jump to the new one I will but if not I'll sit this one out.

NeoRaider

For the potential Jet Black buyers:

Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.

My advice: Buy case for it day 1.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Well my 6+ is suffering from the dreaded touchscreen disease, so it looks like I have no choice but to upgrade.

Caayn

Still a LCD screen with a low resolution? Was expecting OLED.

So the no 3.5mm rumors where true huh.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
What's this?

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16...ccounting-for-about-11-of-apple-store-repairs

Some 2014 iPhone 6 and 6 Plus develop a small grey flickering band at the top of the screen always just below the phone speaker regardless of device orientation. The clearly abnormal band can be sporadic, may respond to torquing or pressing on the device.

The band will sometimes extend further down the screen over time, coupled with touch sensitivity and device response to the touch getting progressively worse.

Colloquially called "touch disease," the issue appears to stem from failure of the chips that translate the user's touch to information the iPhone can use. These controller chips are sometimes failing outright, and in other cases the microscopic solder joints connecting each chip to the motherboard are breaking, causing the progressive failures.

dc89

UK 7 Plus pricing is just ouch:

iPhone 7: £599, £699, £799
iPhone 7 Plus: £719, £819, £919

Guess Who

Banned
Apples messaging is on-point then. The specs sheet doesn't mention it and the site says "coming october" for the airpods

Or is it coming with some sort of lightning adapter and the old earpods?

Includes a 3.5mm adapter and Lightning-enabled EarPods.

Apples messaging is on-point then. The specs sheet doesn't mention it and the site says "coming october" for the airpods

Or is it coming with some sort of lightning adapter and the old earpods?

It comes with lightning earpods and the adapter.

Dougald

Includes a 3.5mm adapter and Lightning-enabled EarPods.

Ah I see, its not in the OP but I eventually found it at the bottom of the tech specs on the site

Doesn't affect me "too" much because I'm not replacing my 6S but I'm kind of too invested in the ecosystem to get anything else next year (that's how they get ya). Damned if I'm buying wireless headphones at the same time though

Top Bottom