• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Banjo Kazooie site launches

beerbelly

Banned
McDragon said:

Neither do I. I mean, the new one is not much better but it's an improvement over the old design:

2h849j4.jpg

Bildi

beerbelly said:
Maybe it's nostalgia but do people really prefer the older design? :X
The old design was certainly nothing amazing either, but the square thing sure is not for everyone. I'm not terribly bothered, I don't have much faith in Rare making anything more than "pretty good" games nowadays so this is the least of my concerns.

Fatalah

I rented Banjo for the N64, but never really dug the controls.

But with the shortage (zero) of platforming titles on the 360 (none), I cannot wait for this

Kruhex

stotch said:
Banjo is MS's kids game. Viva Pinata was not for kids, and neither was PD2. Kameo is the kiddiest game Rare has put out on the 360, but it was in development since the Gamecube days.

Last time I played Banjo-K and Banjo-T not everything was simple enough to be a "kids" game. Go to Rare's site and look at how much shit vs good games are up on the list.

GavinGT

Banned
Kruhex said:
Last time I played Banjo-K and Banjo-T not everything was simple enough to be a "kids" game. Go to Rare's site and look at how much shit vs good games are up on the list.

While their decline hasn't been quite on par with Sega's, Rare certainly isn't what it used to be.

Bildi

stotch said:
Banjo is MS's kids game. Viva Pinata was not for kids, and neither was PD2. Kameo is the kiddiest game Rare has put out on the 360, but it was in development since the Gamecube days.
You're right, Viva Pinata is not for kids.

It's for girls.

Kruhex

GavinGT said:
While their decline hasn't been quite on par with Sega's, Rare certainly isn't what it used to be.

Yea, pretty much what you said.

Also I have to state that a dev does not spend this much time on a "kids" game and how many kids do you know even care or know about Banjo in the first place?

Yixian

Banned
Jesus more M$ bullshit, is there no market they won't try and monopolise with their bullshit inferior clones?

But yeah, v hyped for BK.

lol @ people complaining about silverlight. It takes about a minute to install.

On topic... I've never played a BK game. A lot of people seem to be hyped for it though.

bumpkin

rakka said:
the fuck is microsoft silverlight?
I know it's their answer to Flash, but I think the more accurate description is yet another cornucopia of security holes to let IE ruin people's PCs. :lol

pswii60

Ganondorfo said:
It will be difficult to beat the best platformgame of all time: super mario galaxy, but these guys can do it.
Well, Rare have said that it won't be your traditional platformer, and to expect something new and different. That's what makes this so much more intriguing to me. Of course, it could go one of two ways...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
pswii60 said:
Well, Rare have said that it won't be your traditional platformer, and to expect something new and different. That's what makes this so much more intriguing to me. Of course, it could go one of two ways...

it will have co-op, you play as banjo and kazooie seperatley

To say that I have a lot riding on this game is an understatement. Also is this the closest we've gotten to having a legit platformer this console cycle(excluding the Wii)?

Orodreth

Nice surprise, i´m digging the Photo mode news (really missed feature in Viva Piñata).

They better show something soon, the game being just months away from arriving to stores.

Jme

I cant wait for collect-a-thon achievements

EGG COLLECTOR - Collect 100 Blue Eggs (10g)
FEATHER FAN - Collect 250 Red Feathers (10g)
GOLDEN FLIGHT - Collect 100 Gold Feathers (10g)
JIGSAW MASTER - Collect 1,000 Puzzle Pieces (10g)
MUSICAL CONNOISSEUR - Collect 5,000 Music Notes (25g)
TOKEN OF APPRECIATION - Collect 10,000 Tokens (25g)
MILLIONARE - Collect 1,000,000 Stupidwhatzitz (50g)

George K.

pswii60 said:
Nice to know you've been paying attention.

Kruhex said:
It's coming out the day Duke Nukem Forever comes out. In the meantime, Rare has to work hard in producing "Furry racers 2k8" and a platformer for 4 year olds.
I can assure you that we haven't been focused on 4 year-olds when creating the new Banjo game. We hope that you'll be pleasantly surprised at what we've cooked up.

Blader5489 said:
2008 release?!
You betcha.

thebagofsand said:
I doubt this will come 2008.
The game is scheduled for a Holidays 2008 release - barring the coming of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, you should be playing Banjo 3 before the end of the year (providing you buy the game, that is).

McDragon said:
i dunno, the original banjo 1+2 team is behind this(correct me if wrong) so i am not worried about it.
You are correct - Gregg Mayles, the creator of Banjo-Kazooie, is still the lead designer of the new Banjo game.

harSon said:
My cock is rising
Good to know... thanks for sharing.

Michan

Okay, so let's take a look at the updated Banjo model.

banjokazooie3.jpg

bksite.jpg

Larger eyes
Curvier head
Hair no longer sports an erection
Ugly teeth
Rounder muzzle tip

Rare knows there are problems and is obviously trying to fix them, so maybe the new model will be more pleasing to long-time fans and haters of the BearCube design.

pswii60

George K. said:
Nice to know you've been paying attention.

I can assure you that we haven't been focused on 4 year-olds when creating the new Banjo game. We hope that you'll be pleasantly surprised at what we've cooked up.

You betcha.

The game is scheduled for a Holidays 2008 release - barring the coming of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, you should be playing Banjo 3 before the end of the year (providing you buy the game, that is).

You are correct - Gregg Mayles, the creator of Banjo-Kazooie, is still the lead designer of the new Banjo game.

Good to know... thanks for sharing.
Can you give us any hints as to when we should expect the first real news or screens on Banjo? Pleeeeease?

George K.

I really wouldn't base your ultimate judgements of the final Banjo model from what you've glimpsed on the teaser site if I were you - all shall be revealed in due course, not that long to wait now...

Michan

pswii60 said:
Can you give us any hints as to when we should expect the first real news or screens on Banjo? Pleeeeease?
I second this. Rare has been known to store secrets in their arse for years before unleashing a shitstorm of updates. When can we expect this?

And will we finally be able to use the eggs and key we collected in B-K?
lulz

MCD

George K. said:
I really wouldn't base your ultimate judgements of the final Banjo model from what you've glimpsed on the teaser site if I were you - all shall be revealed in due course, not that long to wait now...
Oh...

Bildi

Princess Skittles said:
I can't wait for this to come out so they can get to work on Kameo 2 and/or Jet Force Gemini 2.
YES. I'd also somehwat begrudgingly accept Blast Corps or Snake Rattle 'n' Roll.

However, I would like see Rare demonstrate that they can still do a AAA game by making a AAA Banjo. Then they can go to work on JFG (yes I am aware it would likely be a different team, but anyway).

i find it a little ironic that rare's new release will once again go up against gears of war. after all, viva pinata got absolutely buried under the gow hype. hopefully, that doesn't happen with banjo (assuming the game is good).

george, when can we expect to see the game? e3 or sooner?

George K.

Michan said:
I second this. Rare has been known to store secrets in their arse for years before unleashing a shitstorm of updates. When can we expect this?

And will we finally be able to use the eggs and key we collected in B-K?
lulz

Soon™

MikeHaggar said:
i find it a little ironic that rare's new release will once again go up against gears of war. after all, viva pinata got absolutely buried under the gow hype. hopefully, that doesn't happen with banjo (assuming the game is good).

Banjo & Kazooie in Marcus & Dom outfits as unlockables please!

Octagon

George K. said:

Sounds good seeing that i do not like the new model at all.
A bear should be beary not squary.

I'm quite excited for this game.

Question for George K.: A couple of the more recent games Rare has made have had awesome dance club levels in them (Conker with Rock Solid and PDZ with the Nightclub). Are there plans to take Banjo to a dance club for maximum techno music awesome?
Please say yes, I fucking love the music in those levels, Rock Solid especially.

Orodreth

MikeHaggar said:

Hopefully but Piñata was/is also a great game and was buried anyway.

And btw, Piñata was also revealed almost the same way, it came out of nowhere like 8 months before release date and premiered in no particular event or day.

I just pray that this game focuses on single-player adventure/platforming and doesn't go too crazy with multiplayer. I fully expect online co-op through the whole game but I just hope the multiplayer is not implemented at the expense of a full single-player experience.

Top Bottom