• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: James Bond 007: Blood Stone – revealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

butsomuch

http://www.gamepron.com/news/2010/07/15/james-bond-007-blood-stone-revealed/
James Bond 007: Blood Stone – revealed?

The rumour mill has been quietly buzzing about a little title known only as Bloodstone for a few months now. Most signs point to it being Activision’s next adventure in the James Bond 007 universe, and this argument is strengthened today by some allegedly newfound details.

Apparently the game’s full title is James Bond 007: Blood Stone, and it’s set to feature lead actor Daniel Craig in the starring role, with Judi Dench returning as M and Grammy award-winning songstress Joss Stone making her debut as the latest Bond girl. We’re not sure how it ties in with that whole GoldenEye 2010 remake adventure due for release in November, but this one’s described as an “original Bond experience” – and it’s been lovingly crafted by Bruce Feirstein (screenwriter for GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough).

The stories that this will be a driving-based release are backed up with the news that it’s up to you (as Bond) to unravel an international conspiracy across exotic locations – through Athens, Bangkok, Monaco and Istanbul (not Constantinople) – all while putting the pedal to the metal in some intense behind-the-wheel action. It promises to be packed with lethal hand-to-hand combat, cover-based firefights and some impressively adrenaline-fuelled driving sequences – plus, as always, there’s a truckload of special effects, gizmos and gadgets at your disposal, which never hurts!

…and yes, there’s 16-person multiplayer to show you just what it’s like to be a 00 agent, taking part in battles that will test your strategy, teamwork and skills.

David Pokress, Head of Marketing for Licensed Properties, Activision Publishing is quoted:
“James Bond 007: Blood Stone captures the cinematic intensity of a Bond film by immersing players in an intriguing conspiracy that will require them to think and act like James Bond.

In addition, the game will feature a diverse array of multi-player modes and debut strategic objective-based gameplay that will allow Xbox 360, PS3 and PC players to battle as teams of spies and mercenaries through authentic Bond locales.”
What more do you need to know? Ms. Stone is also taking on a musical role in the release, creating an original soundtrack to lure players into the third-person action adventure release. The new theme song – I’ll Take it All is written with Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics, and will feature exclusively in Blood Stone. (This new story actually came from a now-deleted post on eThrill, a Eurythmics fan-site that’s been covering the band for more than ten years.)

According to what we read, Bizarre Creations are taking on developer duties for this one on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, while n-Space lend their talents to the DS version. No word on release dates yet, but stay tuned – and keep an eye out for official confirmation of this one from Activision. I hear there’s a large, comic-themed event happening in San Diego next weekend. Sounds to me like a decent place to announce a game… what do you think?

Added: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...and-dave-stewart/+James+Bond+007:+Blood+Stone
GRAMMY- AND BRIT-AWARD WINNING ARTIST JOSS STONE GOES UNDERCOVER IN ACTIVISION’S JAMES BOND 007™: BLOOD STONE
James Bond 007: Blood Stone Delivers Intrigue and Explosive Third-Person Action This Holiday Season

Santa Monica, CA – July 16, 2010 – Grammy and BRIT award winning artist Joss Stone is set to debut as the newest Bond girl in Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) James Bond 007: Blood Stone, an original Bond experience from legendary screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. In addition to stepping into a leading role, Stone will create original music for the game, luring players into an explosive third-person action adventure where they will unravel an international conspiracy across exotic locales and experience full-throttle, behind-the-wheel action on land and sea while using the most high tech gadgetry known to James Bond 007, the world’s most skilled secret agent.

“James Bond 007: Blood Stone captures the cinematic intensity of a Bond film by immersing players in an intriguing conspiracy that will require them to think and act like James Bond,” said David Pokress, Head of Marketing for Licensed Properties, Activision Publishing. “In addition, the game will feature a diverse array of multi-player modes and debut strategic objective-based gameplay that will allow Xbox 360, PS3 and PC players to battle as teams of spies and mercenaries through authentic Bond locales.”

James Bond 007: Blood Stone features the likeness and voice talent of Daniel Craig, Joss Stone and Judi Dench and features an epic, original story developed by legendary screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. Players can engage in cover-based firefights, lethal hand-to-hand combat and speed their way through explosive adrenaline-fueled driving sequences as they embark on a global chase leading to action on land and sea through Athens, Istanbul, Monaco and Bangkok. Gamers can also feel what it is like to be a 00 agent, as they take the battle online in several robust 16-person multi-player modes that require skill, teamwork and strategy as players compete in matches that will have spies battling mercenaries.

Joss Stone provides an original musical track to the game titled, “I’ll Take it All” written and performed by her and Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics. The song will be featured exclusively in James Bond 007: Blood Stone.

The James Bond 007: Blood Stone video game is being developed by critically acclaimed developer Bizarre Creations for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC under license from EON Productions Ltd and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM). The NDS platform is being developed by n-Space.

UraMallas

Everything or Nothing is the best Bond game outside of GoldenEye so if they want to make a straight to video game Bond I'm all for it.

I've been waiting for details on this. I'm excited. And it's nice to see Bizarre Creations get to show their talents on something other than racing.

butsomuch

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...and-dave-stewart/+James+Bond+007:+Blood+Stone
GRAMMY- AND BRIT-AWARD WINNING ARTIST JOSS STONE GOES UNDERCOVER IN ACTIVISION’S JAMES BOND 007™: BLOOD STONE
James Bond 007: Blood Stone Delivers Intrigue and Explosive Third-Person Action This Holiday Season

Santa Monica, CA – July 16, 2010 – Grammy and BRIT award winning artist Joss Stone is set to debut as the newest Bond girl in Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) James Bond 007: Blood Stone, an original Bond experience from legendary screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. In addition to stepping into a leading role, Stone will create original music for the game, luring players into an explosive third-person action adventure where they will unravel an international conspiracy across exotic locales and experience full-throttle, behind-the-wheel action on land and sea while using the most high tech gadgetry known to James Bond 007, the world’s most skilled secret agent.

“James Bond 007: Blood Stone captures the cinematic intensity of a Bond film by immersing players in an intriguing conspiracy that will require them to think and act like James Bond,” said David Pokress, Head of Marketing for Licensed Properties, Activision Publishing. “In addition, the game will feature a diverse array of multi-player modes and debut strategic objective-based gameplay that will allow Xbox 360, PS3 and PC players to battle as teams of spies and mercenaries through authentic Bond locales.”

James Bond 007: Blood Stone features the likeness and voice talent of Daniel Craig, Joss Stone and Judi Dench and features an epic, original story developed by legendary screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. Players can engage in cover-based firefights, lethal hand-to-hand combat and speed their way through explosive adrenaline-fueled driving sequences as they embark on a global chase leading to action on land and sea through Athens, Istanbul, Monaco and Bangkok. Gamers can also feel what it is like to be a 00 agent, as they take the battle online in several robust 16-person multi-player modes that require skill, teamwork and strategy as players compete in matches that will have spies battling mercenaries.

Joss Stone provides an original musical track to the game titled, “I’ll Take it All” written and performed by her and Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics. The song will be featured exclusively in James Bond 007: Blood Stone.

The James Bond 007: Blood Stone video game is being developed by critically acclaimed developer Bizarre Creations for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC under license from EON Productions Ltd and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM). The NDS platform is being developed by n-Space.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I've been waiting for details on this. I'm excited. And it's nice to see Bizarre Creations get to show their talents on something other than racing.

The last time they made a shooter of the not dual stick variety, it ended...not badly, I guess. They developed The Club for Sega. Some fun ideas in there.

ZeroGravity

Between this and the new Goldeneye game I'm pretty happy. Hopefully they turn out good because the last Bond game that I felt didn't completely suck was NightFire :\

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I hope this is like a spiritual successor to Everything or Nothing and From Russia With Love. Joss Stone as a Bond girl is a pretty neat idea. :D

Mar

I don't understand this 'news' at all. A rumour that something has been revealed? The piece you quoted says there's a rumour about a game and then in the next two paragraphs relates every feature of that game as if everything is already known, right down to 16 player multiplayer.

Fox Mulder

I wonder what "authentic bond locales" means for multiplayer. Would be cool to have some levels from older movies.

I'm interested, and Activision might as well be doing stuff like this, as who the hell knows when the next movie is going to be out. I even sort of ended up liking the QoS game made by Treyarch. The single player campaign was trash and the game was awful in many spots, but the CoD engine with cover and over powered auto shotties was actually fun online.

Aaron

Archaix said:
The last time they made a shooter of the not dual stick variety, it ended...not badly, I guess. They developed The Club for Sega. Some fun ideas in there.
The Club was an incredible game too few people gave a chance, though the PC version sucked.

jrricky

Banned
ZeroGravity said:
Between this and the new Goldeneye game I'm pretty happy. Hopefully they turn out good because the last Bond game that I felt didn't completely suck was NightFire :\
Hmm, thats interesting. When did EON come out since its the best one I've played (yes, way better than GoldenEye)?

Vormund

ZeroGravity said:

Guess you didn't play Everything or Nothing then.

Seventy5

Archaix said:
That's why I'm interested in this. This could be the best Bond game in years imo, BC has yet to make a bad game. I hope they add an arcade scoring mode and some sort of horde mode.

Also, fuck Activision.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Vormund said:
Guess you didn't play Everything or Nothing then.
Yeah, I hope they are trying to emulate that; they can quite easily make a game better than the last Bond film.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Everything or Nothing was great, more non-Movie bond please.

CamHostage

Ninja Scooter said:
how can it be a rumor that something has been revealed?

They probably got the press release second-hand, and so either fudged the details to cover themselves against embargo-break charges (if that's the case, they sure didn't hide it well) or else didn't get it from an official Activision mail address and so didn't want to be caught with a Triology situation until they could get verification.

Official PR

PR said:
London, England, CA – July 16, 2010 – Award winning artist Joss Stone is set to debut as the newest Bond girl in Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) James Bond 007: Blood Stone, an original Bond experience from legendary screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. In addition to stepping into a leading role, Grammy and BRIT Award winner Joss Stone will create original music for the game, luring players into an explosive third-person action adventure where they will unravel an international conspiracy across exotic locales. Players will experience full-throttle, behind-the-wheel action on land and sea while using the most high tech gadgetry known to James Bond 007, the world’s most skilled secret agent.

“James Bond 007: Blood Stone captures the cinematic intensity of a Bond film by immersing players in an intriguing conspiracy that will require them to think and act like James Bond,” said David Pokress, Head of Marketing for Licensed Properties, Activision Publishing. “In addition, the game will feature a diverse array of multi-player modes and debut strategic objective-based gameplay that will allow Xbox 360, PS3™ and PC players to battle as teams of spies and mercenaries through authentic Bond locales.”

The James Bond 007: Blood Stone video game is being developed by critically acclaimed developer Bizarre Creations for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC under license from EON Productions Ltd and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM). Additionally, an original Nintendo DS™ game is being developed from the ground up by n-Space. For more information about the game, visit www.007.com.

butsomuch

Eurogamer
Joss Stone on new Bond game role

Singer Joss Stone has revealed she plays "a posh version of Paris Hilton" in the new James Bond game, Blood Stone.

She'll be Bond girl Nicole Hilton, a socialite 'it girl' who works with diamonds. She found the role "kind of amazing". "It's a bit crazy to be a Bond girl," shared Stone at an Activision press event attended by Christian Donlan for Eurogamer.

Stone had a full body scan for the game. "It's mad," she recalled. "It took, like, all day."

The British (but you'd be forgiven for thinking American) singer has also written a song for the game in collaboration with David Stewart. It's called "I'll Take it All" and "it's awesome", according to Stone.

Blood Stone contains a mixture of third-person, cover-based shooting and vehicle pursuits. Vehicles, in this case, being cars and speedboats. Donlan was shown a car chase that required a target be rammed off the road, before cutting to a boat chase in Athens harbour with explosions galore.

The game also features a focus mode where time can be slowed to accommodate head shots.

Blood Stone will boast an entirely original story written by Bond screenwriter Bruce Feirstein. This follows 007 as he jets around the world in pursuit of a terrorist suicide group. There's a focus on the diamond trade, too. Settings include Siberia, Athens and Istanbul.

Project Gotham Racing, The Club, Geometry Wars and Blur developer Bizarre Creations is making Blood Stone. Richard Jacques is doing the music.

Daniel Craig is voicing James Bond and Judi Dench will be M.

Look out for a full appraisal from Christian Donlan soon.

legend166 said:
No Wii release.

After Quantum of Solace selling best on Wii, and the Goldeneye remake, that seems pretty dumb.
Bloodstone and Goldeneye are probably going to be out at the same time. Also, as awesome as this has the potential to be, Goldeneye will kill it in terms of sales.

Well that sucks :(

The PGR series were the best racing games I've ever played, each one perfectly nailed the balance between arcade and realism by brilliantly combining the best elements of each. Here's to hoping MS get alot of them on board for their new PGR game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom