• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman dies after injecting hot beef fat into her face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaborn

A Homewood woman died Thursday shortly after injecting heated beef fat into her face, but the injection did not cause her death, authorities said.

An autopsy Friday determined that 63-year-old Janet Hardt died of peritonitis, a severe abdominal inflammation caused by a bacterial infection, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Infections in her face from the injections did not lead to her death, which was ruled natural, officials with the medical examiner’s office said.

Family members told authorities Hardt had undergone multiple cosmetic surgeries to her face and neck. A short time before she died, she injected the heated beef fat into her face around her mouth and chin. Authorities said she apparently performed the procedure on several occasions in an attempt to simulate Botox, which reduces wrinkling.

Hardt had infections in her mouth and lip as well as scarring from the injections, sources said.

On Thursday, Hardt went to the hospital after complaining that her face felt like it was burning, sources said.

Story Here

confused

Banned
beefcake-cartman.jpg

akira28

Gaborn... Hot beef injections? While this is as depressing as your usual fare, it isn't quite as topical, and it's missing..that special something. I suggest that perhaps while she was getting the procedure done, her toddler and her dog were both actually suffocating in her parked car. And the dog ate the toddler before finally expiring.

There. Now this feels like a Gaborn thread. Don't forget you have standards man.

Gaborn

akira28 said:
Gaborn... Hot beef injections? While this is as depressing as your usual fare, it isn't quite as topical, and it's missing..that special something. I suggest that perhaps while she was getting the procedure done, her toddler and her dog were both actually suffocating in her parked car. And the dog ate the toddler before finally expiring.

There. Now this feels like a Gaborn thread. Don't forget you have standards man.

I'm not Bloody Sinner.

akira28

Ookami-kun said:
Why would she...?
narcissism knows know economic boundaries. If all these rich wives traded their chihuahua bags and rich husbands for no money and more of a git'er done attitude, we'd probably hear of this happening more often. As it stands, more people pay cut rate unlicensed techs to do this more often than they do it to themselves, but just like the last lady who injected vaseline into her face, they always seem to die from some kind of sepsis or toxic shock.

Goldrusher

an attempt to simulate Botox, which reduces wrinkling.
More like an attempt to simulate collagen.

botox = paralyses existing muscle tissue
collagen = filler substance

Collagen is derived from cow or pig bones.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
akira28 said:
narcissism knows know economic boundaries. If all these rich wives traded their chihuahua bags and rich husbands for no money and more of a git'er done attitude, we'd probably hear of this happening more often. As it stands, more people pay cut rate unlicensed techs to do this more often than they do it to themselves, but just like the last lady who injected vaseline into her face, they always seem to die from some kind of sepsis or toxic shock.

Well, as long as they eliminate themselves from Earth, I'm fine with it.

NoRéN

Goldrusher said:
More like an attempt to simulate collagen.

botox = paralyses existing muscle tissue
collagen = filler substance

Collagen is derived from cow or pig bones.
Thanks for the clarification. I can finally sleep.

Goodnight room and goodnight moon...

confused

Banned
electroshockwave said:
http://i.imgur.com/kTRHy.jpg

I saw this on imgur. I guess you're kind of a news organisation, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because she would have suffered the same fate without beef injections, right ? She even injected herself !!

IceCold

DemonNite said:
yep I thought of the same woman too

Before
http://i.imgur.com/QUHwt.jpg[/img ]

After
[img]http://i.imgur.com/h0uWw.jpg[/img ]

Story here

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3439638/Cosmetic-surgery-addict-injected-cooking-oil-into-her-own-face.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Her face doesn't seem to have any wrinkles now. I guess it worked.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Literally said "Good..." out loud when I read the thread title.

Probably should be more empathetic and read about the person's history and mental health, but I'm getting less and less patient with humanity. I'll take natural selection in any way we can still have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom