• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you like your body?

Nope, wish I was taller, 5' 6". I'm in good shape though, and getting better. I think there's always gonna be something people'll want to change about their body.

cromofo

I'm pretty satisfied with it, 193cm and 91kg. I go to the gym regularly but unfortunately it's pretty hard to gain any further muscle as I just can't eat enough to go higher than 91kg.

It's easier to drink food than chew it.

Homemade weight gainers, google it.

dinoroar

Banned
No! I inherited tiny skinny legs from my dad and an egg shaped torso. I had scoliosis as a kid and multiple operations for it, so I'm sort of an odd shape.

I must also add that I'm nowhere near the image you might have in your head, so I guess i'm not too unhappy with myself. But I do sweat a lot. I always envy people who can just put a t shirt on and exist without having to worry about a sweaty outline of their busted spine showing.

Lima

What the fuck is this too skinny shit yo. Like being thin is good in this society where a majority is overweight.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
What the fuck is this too skinny shit yo. Like being thin is good in this society where a majority is overweight.

This is ignorance. Skinny people get bullied just as bad as overweight people.
A girl I knew in high school, who has been a professional model since then, got bullied as fuck. She internalized it really bad.

Nightfall

At what stage are you at now? Maybe I could help, I'm the same height and have had trouble with putting on muscle.

I weigh around 182 lbs with around 22% body fat. I'd like to get down on the fat while building muscle. I know those 2 at the same time are probably the hardest things to do.
I'm really open to suggestions :)

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Im a little heavier than I'd like and my hair is thinning, which is upsetting.

I can get away from most embarrassment by never letting anybody see me naked until the day I die.

EGOMON

Short answer: no
Long answer: only hate two parts in my body abdomen and chest filled with fat not much but a bit more than the rest of my body.
I like how tall I am and the roundness of my hands legs

I am 5' 9" and weight 92 kg

love hate. Stopped going to the gym for a year. Gained some weight, think skinny fat. My gf likes my belly,hate it tho.
Can't wait to assemble a bike.

Yes I'm happy . At 31, I have all my hair and teeth, no aches or pains , and I keep a low body fat relatively easily . I suppose I'd like to be 6'2 or whatever but meh 5'11 and change is good enough . I wish my hands were bigger so I could dunk a basketball but again nothing to lose sleep over.

Yes.

I'm 36, in the best shape of my life, able to easily put on muscle and lose fat. Which I'm very lucky to be able to do, genetically.

I like it on some days and dislike on other days. Meh. Being short is what makes me dislike my body the most though. I work out every now and then, but damn is it hard to get rid of, or eat less delicious and fattening foods, lol.

gatling

I'd say yes. My issue is probably dressing for it better and finding a more adult style for my hair. Frump hides it all. I look like Im 22.

jb1234

I'm lighter than I've been in over a decade, which is good. Still more to go. But I've also sorta reached the hump (37) where I know it's all downhill from here. And my health is already pretty dire as it is.

(So I guess no. I don't like my body.)

cromofo

I weigh around 182 lbs with around 22% body fat. I'd like to get down on the fat while building muscle. I know those 2 at the same time are probably the hardest things to do.

Hmm, 180 with 22%? At 6'4? Yeah I see why you would want to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time but honestly, I would stick to working out and slowly getting that bodyfat down.

Get to whatever percentage you're comfortable(15-16?) and ofc, use the mirror as your guide as well. Not all of us are built the same.

Set your goals, work out, get that fat down to where you want and then start slowly building muscle - be careful here, your body will be inclined to take in more fat so try to be strict with your diet.

Be patient, changes in us tall guys are not as noticeable as it would be for someone shorter. Stick with it.

Go to the bodybuilding site, they've got everything you need.

Pein

Banned
No I hate my body, I was obese for the longest and basically ruined myself. I can lose the weight but the visual damage is still there.

brawly

A few years ago? No. Now? Absolutely. I'm 6'3" with a good muscle/fat ratio.

Only thing I hate are my wide hips. I'll never have that nice V shape and getting rid of the fat there is pain in the ass.

dmix90

No, i am fat. But i love pizza and candy too much to give them up or reduce amount so much so it does not feel good to consume them.

DVZe2ju.gif

Mook1e

Overall, yes.
I've been told I'm very handsome. I'm in borderline incredible shape for my age, and getting better all the time.
The only negative is I'm on the shorter side, but maybe that'll keep me from scaring a cop enough to shoot me 6 times in the chest/back if I ever move back to the USA.

Mindwipe

Not even remotely. It's not terrible, I go to the gym a few times a week, but it's not good by any means. I'm short and I hate the way my hair and my facial hair grows.

But luckily I have someone who likes it a great deal more than I do, which helps keep me sane.

Aaltopahvi

Neo Member
I hate it. So much that it has been ruining my life for the who knows how long.

No I hate my body, I was obese for the longest and basically ruined myself. I can lose the weight but the visual damage is still there.

What do you mean?

Pein

Banned
I hate it. So much that it has been ruining my life for the who knows how long.

What do you mean?

Stretch marks and excess skin, dark patches because I was diabetic when I was 300+lbs.

I'm still happier with out the weight though, I look a million times better and because I'm such a gym rat now I'm fairly fit.

Nightfall

Hmm, 180 with 22%? At 6'4? Yeah I see why you would want to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time but honestly, I would stick to working out and slowly getting that bodyfat down.

Get to whatever percentage you're comfortable(15-16?) and ofc, use the mirror as your guide as well. Not all of us are built the same.

Set your goals, work out, get that fat down to where you want and then start slowly building muscle - be careful here, your body will be inclined to take in more fat so try to be strict with your diet.

Be patient, changes in us tall guys are not as noticeable as it would be for someone shorter. Stick with it.

Go to the bodybuilding site, they've got everything you need.

Thanks for the advice. I guess I need to take a more strict diet. My weight isn't my problem, I'm actually quite happy with that, just the bodyfat.

Any tips or links regarding a good diet or routine?

Danneee

Yes
Well, I'm short but I mostly had issues with that when I was younger. Now I appreciate having more legroom than most on planes:)

I mean, objectively I'm obese (and working on it), but otherwise, yeah. When I look in the mirror, I mostly think "Yup, that's me" and am perfectly comfortable with that.

I'm married and have a dad bod and I'm fine with it. But I think that has to do with already being married. If my wife and I got divorced I would run straight to the gym to get more in shape.

Top Bottom