• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Calvero

Banned
Good ot

Tried Ryze for the first time yesterday, he wasnt as hard to play as i tought he would be. Though i did have a hard time hiting q's while running around with stormraiders/shield.

oh yeah, it takes some getting used to for his insane movement speed

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I would also like to comment that I really like this OT. It's really funny. A bit insular but it's great.

Lyte and the others involved are all ex-riot employees right now, right?

Lyte was really relevant for a long time, but I can see a reasonable argument that personal drama between ex-riot employees aren't really relevant for the subreddit.

It's a shitty situation and I'm sure it would reach front page on the subreddit if it would not be banned.

I can agree with this. Probable egomania aside, if the dude isn't actively involved in Reddit then it's just drama tangentially related to league. Not to downplay how gross this whole thing is, though.

Oh wait I just got the title of the OT lol. 10/10

Envelaap how the fuck did you win that Kha'zix game yesterday? I watched the first ten minutes or so and saw your top and bot feeding and assumed that was an instant loss.

killatopak

Gold Member
119c14848c39217d98ec1578b80ca55d58e8bbf70dd7decc0d35d0d8673cfd93.jpg

Ever

Banned
If I had a nickel for every time a Lee or a Rengar showed up top level 2, I'd have enough cash to buy a rope and get sweet release.

Can I have 3 minutes alone with the enemy top? Please?

Any idea how close we are to patch 7.3? One week? Two?

Patch notes today, actual patch tomorrow I believe.

Several champs getting much needed nerfs 👌

Leezard

It's already time for a patch? Sweet, looking forward to less Malz.

RIP Zyra lane poke, you have to hit spells now.

Leezard

I just hope Zyra will still be good. Her plants have AI issues already. Like if Cait exits the plants auto range and reenters it to kill it, the plant won't respond to her, even if she's the only target. It should be able to reach her but it just does nothing instead.

Hell, that happens too often even with enemy minions in range. Plant target enemy champ -> champ exits auto range -> plant won't auto anything any more.

killatopak

Gold Member

There were team fights EVERYWHERE.

oh and we queued up as 5 so the enemy team were 5 as well. Man. T'was amazing.

Also went and fought a triple dark seal blitz in lane. I was laughing my ass off while still being cautious. Blitz would drop a ward in the middle of the lane and all hell breaks loose when their whole team is up my ass. There were literally endless CC.

Riot Lyte was outed by his fiance after he was caught cheating with 3 other women, one a former Riot employee. Now he's suing because his now ex-fiance hasn't returned the engagement ring. The irony is so strong, it reeks. Lyte, the supposed bastion of positivity, the bane of toxic players, had his own chat logs put out there and revealed him to be just as toxic as the people he banned. It's a fitting end to his story.

I only have one thing to say: rekt LUL

Longform story here: https://twitter.com/JackieMButler

EDIT: Seriously, read the longform. It gets way worse.
Incredible.

Patch notes desu
Going back to that ‘multi-patch' cycle (can you tell we like that phrase), 7.4 promises some goodies for botlaners of all stripes and positions, hoping to nail the last few outliers before we look towards some larger impacting changes further down the line. No, this doesn't mean that every marksman and support item will cost half as much and give twice the stats, but we think there's enough to make some of the more oppressed champions feel a little happier about their place.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ever

Banned
That Carnival Anivia skin is pretty lit. Good thing I don't play Anivia, so my wallet is safe for now

anyhow...

Patch notes

G O D B L E S S
O D B L E S S G
D B L E S S G O
B L E S S G O D
L E S S G O D B
E S S G O D B L
S S G O D B L E
S G O D B L E S

THIS PATCH. Get this shit out of my game and into the garbage Riot. So ready for this patch tomorrow.

Riot dropping the S M I T E

4lAghCq.gif

TheFlow

Banned
zyra and malz getting much needed nerfs make me happy as a support main. no more cheese. now you gotta earn that harrass

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
THIS PATCH. Get this shit out of my game and into the garbage Riot. So ready for this patch tomorrow.

Riot dropping the S M I T E
It seems like a pretty small patch with minor changes...
zyra and malz getting much needed nerfs make me happy as a support main. no more cheese. now you gotta earn that harrass
Okay? Tell that to MF. Will probably still see Malz played.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
We must be reading different patch notes, because nearly every OP got touched on this time around.
I mean, that's nice and all but many of these are relatively minor changes that Riot specifically cites as being aimed at the pro scene. Maybe Kha'zix evolves W+E instead of Q+W first or something...but it's not like he won't still be a top tier jungler.

We must be reading different patch notes, because nearly every OP got touched on this time around.
"Touched"

More like booped. The only champions getting meaningful nerfs are Malz and Zyra
Practice Tool will be rolling out region-by-region on the updated client later during patch 7.3! In the meantime, you can learn more about the Practice Tool here.
Time to update my client.

Ever

Banned
I mean, that's nice and all but many of these are relatively minor changes that Riot specifically cites as being aimed at the pro scene. Maybe Kha'zix evolves W+E instead of Q+W first or something...but it's not like he won't still be a top tier jungler.

"Touched"

More like booped. The only champions getting meaningful nerfs are Malz and Zyra

I'm fine with that. The main thing is that Riot recognizes these champs are a problem, and are taking steps to fix them. I don't mind them being strong in competitive but having the "3 OPs, that you must ban or it's an auto-loss" spiel was getting ridiculous. Hopefully they're not still 100% P/B next patch.

Or else...

4lAghCq.gif

I can also finally play tank supports again. God bless.

Rengar got hit with some decent nerfs, but I'll still be hearing "A TRUE HUNTER NEVER RESTS" during pick/ban phase most of the time for the next few months.

tumblr_n83qi4J67A1tcw0w5o1_500.gif

Top Bottom