• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor's Remorse - It's like a sports Entourage. Only, ya know, good - Sun on Starz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched season 1 a week ago and it was good. Started ok, but after church scene in episode 4 i knew show is good.
Very good cast and acting. There is a lot of heart in this show.
I hope Eva from Nike returns in season 2, because i really liked her character.
When do we think season 2 premieres? Starz says summer, so i would guess in August paired with Blunt Talk after Power finishes its season.

BSherrod

First episode of this season was good, caught it at the end of the season finale of Power on demand. If you enjoyed the first season then you'll enjoy this.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season two premiere is tonight!

Grown-Ass Man

As Season 2 tips off, the Calloways have moved from the penthouse to a regal new mansion, and Cam's new contract and its serious clauses ties him tightly to owner Jimmy Flaherty, who wants to maximize Cam's time.

TripOpt55

Cam was being a baby this episode. Glad the owner made that remark about him saying grown-ass man because I was thinking the same thing. Really funny episode though. Like that lady asking him to tell her sister to stop doing heroin. Lots of other hilarious moments. I think I laughed more at this episode than the entire season of Ballers.

Sounds good and Starz has been on a role with the Black produced shows lately. I hope this has the usual Starz freedom and not being bogged down on some PG shit because LeBron's name is attached.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

A Time to Punch

Cam and M-Chuck are taken by surprise by some media fallout and a DA's scrutiny about domestic abuse, while Uncle Julius squares off with a neighbor whose dog dumps things in the driveway.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Whoa... How the hell have I never heard of this show?!

TripOpt55

Hysterical episode though Julius killing the dog was a bit mean. At least it seemed to be affecting him though. Too bad more people around GAF aren't watching this. Probably in my top ten comedies still airing and there are like three people watching on here it seems.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

M.V.P.

Cassie gets back in the dating pool and is determined to have things her way, which has a financial impact on Cam; and Reggie meets the eccentric genius who made Flaherty rich.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
This show and ballers suffer for being only 30 mins long, they need to be an hour at least

Ballers suffers from a whole lot more than that
rz7Ppv7.gif

TripOpt55

Wow. That was a really interesting plot to jump into this week. Hilarious as usual. The plot with Reggie seemed a little meh though. Some funny moments I really liked:

-M-Chuck liking that Cam called her a lady.
-The part at the beginning where Julius says, "You were asking what Blair did..." or something to that effect.

P.S. I think I'd prefer if Ballers was three-minute webisodes instead of 30 minute episodes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The DeShauwn/Jupiter storyline reminded me a lot of the Reggie/Vernon stuff in Ballers. I didn't think it was entirely successful, but at least it was a one and done. M-Chuck's side of the episode was great though.

This show's good and all, but the one thing that I really don't like about it is that it doesn't really show any actual basketball stuff. 2 seasons in and we still haven't seen Cam make a single jump shot.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The DeShauwn/Jupiter storyline reminded me a lot of the Reggie/Vernon stuff in Ballers. I didn't think it was entirely successful, but at least it was a one and done. M-Chuck's side of the episode was great though.
Not if IMDB is correct.

Was Cam's car missing at the end? Is he gonna get fucked up by Deshauwn?

TripOpt55

Deshaun was really annoying. The potential conflict/friction this sets up between Reggie and Cam later on could be interesting though. I really enjoyed the M-Chuck storyline.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

The Dagger

Chen launches a big event to promote Cam's shoe line, but his actual plan is to woo Cassie, while Cam's interactions with a reporter don't work out as he planned.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

The Injury

While Cam deals with a potentially career-ending injury, he meets a woman who could be Miss Right; and Reggie begins to think he made a mistake taking on Jupitor as a client.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cam's been a little grating these last few weeks but the payoff has been good so it sort of balances out in the end.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

The Date

A smitten Cam plans a very special first date with Allison, while Uncle Julius goes on a disturbing ride with the police and M-Chuck uses her therapy revelations to drive her mother on a guilt trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom