• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Eidos hiring for Deus Ex 4 for next gen platforms, seeming has online stuff

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's hard to paste this all on a phone do I apologize for the horrid formatting.

Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/supererogatory/status/202768871957078016

j.mp/Miysk5 — and Eidos Montreal hiring for a Deus Ex 4 "for the new platforms coming in the next two years"

Initially thought that was Square Enix Montreal, but positions correlate to the positions for unannounced projects on Eidos Montreal site.

linkedin: http://touch.www.linkedin.com/#postdetail/g-4143527-S-112549199?istxn=true

Thanks for paste charlequin.
New roles with a major Canadian company that is looking to expand it's team in various areas - semi open-world action adventure title that responds to player choice and interaction: Apply now!

We are working alongside a major game development studio that has multiple teams, multiple projects and a fantastic reputation for creating AAA action/adventure titles on the latest platforms.
They have won multiple awards for their efforts and have developed a number of new IP's throughout their history that has contributed to ensuring they are one of the best in their class.

Due to this continued success and with the support of a major publisher, they are looking for a number of new hires in an additional studio that is being grown and nurtured in the (ever growing) Quebec games industry community.

The project is based upon an existing IP that is a well known and respected action/adventure title, with elements of choice and stealth within the gameplay. The future iterations of the franchise intend to really take advantage of the new platforms coming in the next two years to provide an experience with unparralled realism, depth and consequence for player action and choice.

The current vacancies that they have for this project are:
Cinematics Director - $120-150K
Senior Gameplay Programmer - $75-100K
Lead Technical Developer (core tech or engine exp) - $95-125K
Level Artists (multiple - need local Canadians ideally) - $60-85K
Technical Artist - $80-100K
Lead Artist - $90-125K
Lead Programmer (50% management/Scrum) - $100-140K
Senior Programmer (engine and 2 other specialities - real generalist required) - $95-125K

All roles offer strong bonus (3 different bonus plans - delivery date, product sales, overall company profit sharing), a comprehensive benefits plan, and full relocation assistance.

If you would like to know more then please get in contact with Pete Leonard on peter.leonard@amiqus.com or 0044 1925 839 725

Matching job postings: http://www.eidosmontreal.com/jobs (Arsenal and unannounced)

Cinematics Director: http://www.eidosmontreal.com/jobs/176

Lead Programmer:

Role
Lead Programmer
Reports To
Online Development Manager
Description
Duties
Provide management and coaching for the Programming team;
Manage and maintain a tasks follow-up and planning system respecting the project schedule;
Evaluate and distribute tasks in the Programming team based on individual strengths and competencies;
Participate in product development;
Participate in the hiring process for the Programming team;
Participate in the employee performance review process.
Experience and Qualifications
University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
A minimum of 3 years experience as a lead programmer in video games;
A minimum of 1 year experience as a SCRUM Master;
Certified SCRUM Master;
Knowledge of technological constraints on various platforms;
Experience in online software/services development is an asset.
Technical Skills
Strong Oriented-Object Design (OOD) skills;
Knowledge in C/C++ languages;
Cross platform development experience;
Experienced in optimisation.
Interpersonal Skills
Leadership;
Ability to organise and manage other programmers;
Team player;
Approachable;
Open to constructive criticism;
Good communicator.
Motivations and Interests
Ambition and passion for video games are essential!

Well, the first game did have multiplayer. Never tried it, and not sure how well it'd work in the context of the game, but it had it!

It's hard to paste this all on a phone do I apologize for the horrid formatting.

Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/supererogatory/status/202768871957078016

linkedin: http://touch.www.linkedin.com/#postdetail/g-4143527-S-112549199?istxn=true

Matching job postings: http://www.eidosmontreal.com/jobs (Arsenal and unannounced)

Cinematics Director: http://www.eidosmontreal.com/jobs/176

Lead Programmer:

So its a lock that the PS4 and nextbox will be out in two years. Ok.

R1CHO

Well, new deus ex with new hardware could be amazing after the design work they did in Human Revolution.

Firebrand

More Deus Ex? Do want. DX:HR was the first (and only) one I played but yeah, I'll take some more of that. First stealth game I've ever enjoyed.

As for multiplayer, they could do something like Pandora Tomorrow where the attackers are stealthy and the defenders have big guns.

Are they implying there was a Deus Ex 2? What the fuck?

I expect that kind of screw-up from Capcpom, but c'mon Eidos, get it together.

Are they implying there was a Deus Ex 2? What the fuck?

I expect that kind of screw-up from Capcpom, but c'mon Eidos, get it together.

Placeholder title indicating it's the fourth Deus Ex game created. It's not a announcement of Deus Ex 4 or anything like that.

As mentioned, they will probably go with Deus Ex: Subtitle.

While I enjoyed Human Revolution I still don't understand the heaps of love it recieved. I'm not shitting on the game or this thread at all. I am just saying there is a clear divide between people that merely enjoyed and those that think it is outstanding.

Derrick01

Banned
Would rather it not have multiplayer obviously but I'm reaching my exhaustion point with it. Everyone's going to shoehorn it in anyway so whatever, waste your money and manpower on it. Just don't forget the real focus (single player) and fuck the game up.

They should take their time with it

Huh? Two years is plenty for a new non-numbered entry into the series. They already built the tools for this generation, and a new game using the same engine would only require new content, rather than wasting additional years and money on new R&D and technology.

Yeah, should have shat out another one super quick.

No, having something ready for next-gen is INCREDIBLY smart for a franchise like Deus Ex.

Again, two years is plenty of time. And, they should strike while the iron is hot, costs are low and the engine is solid/proven.

A next-generation game means they need to start from scratch again. Risky and time-consuming, since this likely means it's another 2-3 years out.

Second favorite game last year, a breath of fresh air with allowing that much choice of action in this generation. Was true to the franchise more than the original developers (Invisible War) sequels.

I love JJB, Mary DE Marle, and Elias Toufexis (Adam Jensen) thanks to the game. Conversation system was better than most like LA Noire or Mass Effect.

Very wise decision pushing it to next gen, allowing a bigger scope (I wanted to see Montreal :( ) and better looking character models.

They should take their time with it

yeah, seriously. I wouldn't wish a two year dev cycle on a series I didn't like, and Deus Ex happens to be one of my favorites.

Kinda indifferent about next gen. Prettier visuals is nice and all. Maybe if they'd be willing to build larger levels or something.

Daeda

Excellent news, my fav game of 2011. Based on interviews I had with David Anfossi on the theoretical future of the franchise (so: lets say you make a sequel, where will you go given that HR is a preview) the game will most likely take place somewhere in the timeline between HR and DX1 btw..

yeah, seriously. I wouldn't wish a two year dev cycle on a series I didn't like, and Deus Ex happens to be one of my favorites.

Kinda indifferent about next gen. Prettier visuals is nice and all. Maybe if they'd be willing to build larger levels or something.

With a established engine, systems, work flow and team you can get a lot done in two years. A massive amount actually.

Excellent news, my fav game of 2011. Based on interviews I had with David Anfossi on the theoretical future of the franchise (so: lets say you make a sequel, where will you go given that HR is a preview) the game will most likely take place somewhere in the timeline between HR and DX1 btw..

I'm happy with that. Another option is turning Invisible War into the Highlander 2 of the series and write it out of canon. And another is set it after Invisible War.

One thing I'd like to see is a protagonist that's antiquated technology.

With a established engine, systems, work flow and team you can get a lot done in two years. A massive amount actually.

I’m not saying they’re necessarily bad. It’s just, well, you have games like Uncharted 2 that took Uncharted 1 and made it (much) better. That’s cool and all. But to me MGS3 is the type of sequel I like to see. I like MGS2 more than MGS3, but it’s not a direct comparison. MGS3 is very different from MGS2. Same with Half-Life 2 compared to Half-Life 1, DXHR and DX1, etc.

I’d rather developers have space to discover a sequel that doesn’t rely on iterative on what came before. I just like it when the sequel is the next thing. If it could be done in two years or even one year, then more power to them. Everyone operates differently.

I’m all for new DLC or an expansion pack in the meantime, though. Missing Link was fantastic.

IoCaster

Gold Member
I'm definitely interested in another Deus Ex from the same team. Tweak the stealth, better boss fights, get rid of the piss filter and I'm down.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Damn game developers make bank lol. Wish I was good in math oh well. Would like to get on writing though but anyway back on topic DX HR was my favorite game of last year and am happy to see it not coming this gen but the next...should make for an amazing game

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
New Deus Ex game is excellent news, especially in some new platforms.
Human Revolution was my first DE game but I thought it was fantastic besides its boss fights.

Now I just need a Just Cause 3 announcement, lol.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I'm definitely interested in another Deus Ex from the same team. Tweak the stealth, better boss fights, get rid of the piss filter and I'm down.

In the Missing Link DLC the boss can be dropped without directly confronting them. So stealth can be employed and it seems Ubisoft has heard players who felt the boss fight in HR were out of place/hard...don't agree with that sentiment but whatever

Orayn

In the Missing Link DLC the boss can be dropped without directly confronting them. So stealth can be employed and it seems Ubisoft has heard players who felt the boss fight in HR were out of place/hard...don't agree with that sentiment but whatever

They were out of place, to the point where the developers have actually apologized for how bad they were. Also, Ubisoft?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
More Deus Ex, yes please!

As for multiplayer, they could do something like Pandora Tomorrow where the attackers are stealthy and the defenders have big guns.

That kind of multiplayer might actually make me interested in playing it a bit, assuming both sides can be fairly evenly matched.

Bear

The bosses did favor shooter builds, but I had no trouble with them whatsoever. They simply needed to have more options for handling them.

It really screwed up the difficulty curve on the hardest difficulty for stealth builds. The second boss was really cheap unless you had the Typhoon or electricity resistance augmentations. I had to load up an older save to have a chance.

Top Bottom