• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Spent nearly two hours in one dungeon taking out a boss for an evo material. I would have been pretty sad if it didn't drop despite the 2x rate. Managed to upgrade my Ceres though!

GqizW.jpg

Uthred

Those on Android and in the EU, try googling/using "market enabler by for2w", seems to have done the trick for me.

Do you guys have a different team prettymuch for every type of dungeon? :/ that'll take ages
When I started out I had one team composed mostly of one element and a few backup monsters for when I had to beat a dungeon strong against that element. Having a diverse friends list will help you plug holes in your team.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Spent nearly two hours in one dungeon taking out a boss for an evo material. I would have been pretty sad if it didn't drop despite the 2x rate. Managed to upgrade my Ceres though!

Is that...7 stars? Holy smokes! Are there any mobs to fuse and get her skill level down to less turns? I can't see using her as a leader but still, impressive.

xCobalt

Is that...7 stars? Holy smokes! Are there any mobs to fuse and get her skill level down to less turns? I can't see using her as a leader but still, impressive.

There are mobs that you can fuse but they're all god types lol. I'm actually using her as a leader. Monsters that can cut damage by half really enhance survivability. Other monsters can do it too but Ceres has good recovery and can attack with two elements.

ParityBit

Holy smokes. Congrats! Man, I only have 20 spots and I cant keep half the stuff I find (even if crap)

newfire01

Neo Member
This seems like my kind of game, thanks OP for introducing it! Getting tired of re rolling, are either Neptune, Siren the Enchanter, or Lakshmi decent to keep? If so which?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait, so I can only do the re-roll tactic if my iPhone is jailbroken and I can delete the specific file? No other way? Or is it an either/or thing with 1./2.?

Shady859

Oh wow, this is OT worthy? I keep seeing people talk about it in the iOS thread but always skip it as I haven't tried it yet. I DL'ed this and Dungeon Raid on the same day whenever DR was $.99 and that's been keeping my "match" attention since. Guess I should give this game a look while it's fresh for alot of us.

This seems like my kind of game, thanks OP for introducing it! Getting tired of re rolling, are either Neptune, Siren the Enchanter, or Lakshmi decent to keep? If so which?
All three are worth keeping for different reasons. Pick which one you like the best!
Wait, so I can only do the re-roll tactic if my iPhone is jailbroken and I can delete the specific file? No other way? Or is it an either/or thing with 1./2.?
Either or. Jailbreak just saves you the time redownloading the app.
Is Freyja worth keeping/starting on?
I don't like any of the true Norse Gods, personally. I'd reroll.

Flunkie

Banned
Just got No. 128 Venus on my iPad reroll........

Never seen her before. Her skill is "More Orbs freely for 5 seconds." Thinking I'm gonna pass on her.

xelios

Is Freyja worth keeping/starting on?

Ultimately evolved she gives 2x attack and heal to wood team. She's one of the less impressive gods; green starter dragon ultimately gives 2x attack to wood team.

Got Freyja, rerolled, got Toyceratops. Gonna stick with him, less cost and looks rad as hell.

lolno

Toy dragons suck.

I seriously recommend anyone halfway serious about the game to read the first page of this thread. Skip to post 8 & 9 or so.

Gaaraz

I really want this game, but the US store hack didn't work for me - argh!

Anyone know if a UK release is actually due? Or should I persevere with the US store? Thanks :)

Ultimately evolved she gives 2x attack and heal to wood team. She's one of the less impressive gods; green starter dragon ultimately gives 2x attack to wood team.

lolno

Toy dragons suck.

I seriously recommend anyone halfway serious about the game to read the first page of this thread.

Obeying the adorable cactus.

ParityBit

I seriously recommend anyone halfway serious about the game to read the first page of this thread. Skip to post 8 & 9 or so.

Wow, so we shouldn't plan more rare pulls until you have 80-100 slots?! You mean I have to stick with my crappy monsters until then without rares?!

Do you guys agree with this?

xelios

Wow, so we shouldn't plan more rare pulls until you have 80-100 slots?! You mean I have to stick with my crappy monsters until then without rares?!

Do you guys agree with this?

Nah, you can get by with 50-60 slots for a while. Use the stones from the first few dungeon completions and you'll be fine. 5 slots per stone is pretty fair.

You'll find your slots filling up really fast since you get several eggs from every dungeon before long, and you will either have to sell them or use them for power-up fusion when it gets full (which costs coins and you'll be limited by that).

It really depends on what you plan on spending on the game. You can spend $5, which is nothing if you enjoy the game, and get you an extra 30 slots from the get go.

Cr0wn0

So I was bored and decided to roll a new character on my tablet. First shot is a +1 rcv green odin. My main is rank 31 with Ameratsu, viper orochi and a few other gods. I'm considering basically starting over and playing this odin. What do you guys think?

xelios

So I was bored and decided to roll a new character on my tablet. First shot is a +1 rcv green odin. My main is rank 31 with Ameratsu, viper orochi and a few other gods. I'm considering basically starting over and playing this odin. What do you guys think?

Green Odin is one of the best you could ever roll...but so is Viper Orochi for later dungeons and of course (fully evolved) Amaterasu. Hard decision. I'd play on two devices if possible, or back up your saves at the very least, in case you decide you want it back.

totowhoa

Banned
Did I just get the jackpot status "Green Odin" you mentioned in the OP on my first try? :lol His name is just "Odin" but he is green, so I'm not sure. Anyway, he's a five star God so I'm probably keeping him. edit: coincidentally I seem to be on topic as well

Kouriozan

Did I just get the jackpot status "Green Odin" you mentioned in the OP on my first try? :lol His name is just "Odin" but he is green, so I'm not sure. Anyway, he's a five star God so I'm probably keeping him. edit: coincidentally I seem to be on topic as well
Yup that's him.

xelios

Also keep in mind the high cost of some gods and other powerful creatures, and that they take a LOT of experience to evolve into their ultimate forms (6*). Some are not even very useful before that stage of evolution (Amaterasu). That means a long time of being dedicated to grinding when you hit walls, which you will. You won't be able to build a team if a God is taking up all your cost from the beginning, you won't just blaze through the content because you have one either. The really good ones are long term investments, but since you can only get most of them from $5 gacha pulls they're worth starting with (free, vs being far into the game and paying a lot for pulls and never getting one).

xelios

I just got a 5* Venus, should I keep it?

She's pretty meh for a goddess, evolved form takes too much experience to be worth it too. In addition a light team is maybe the most expensive to build, since most of the mobs you need come from pulls.

Fire and dark are by far the easiest teams to build. So say you get Shiva, would definitely be worth starting with.

Ashodin

She's pretty meh for a goddess, evolved form takes too much experience to be worth it too. In addition a light team is maybe the most expensive to build, since most of the mobs you need come from pulls.

So what you're saying is that I would be building a team that not many would have. Sounds like a winner!

xelios

So what you're saying is that I would be building a team that not many would have. Sounds like a winner!

If you're willing to put money into it go for it. Not really the best starter for a light team either, that would be Valkyrie.

Shady859

Honestly my very first time playing the tutorial and the game.... I got this:

Says very rare level 6 and looks badass! :)

Edit: it mentioned something about a New Years special and more level 6 rares in the rolls today if anyone cares.

Ashodin

If you're willing to put money into it go for it. Not really the best starter for a light team either, that would be Valkyrie.

Possibly. I'm not sure I want to go through with rerolling hours and hours longer, and I do want to make a team not everyone sees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom